Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gander

Keady wouldn't have the capacity for the championship final.  Its alright for County hurling because there's only a few hundred that go to the matches.  Personally I think Abbey park is as good as anywhere.

Uladh

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 17, 2007, 04:04:33 PM
Just from a neutral point of view, but how many people are expected to attend the final? 8-10000? Could Keady hold that many?
I dont think I have ever been to Keadys pitch, but I have been in Croos on numerous occassions and it holds a decent enough crowd in relative comfort and safety.

there's no way there'll be any more than 2/3000 at this final

SidelineKick

most counties probably, but i wudnt imagine many more than 3 or 4000 for armagh! may be wrong of course!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Lecale2

Quote from: SidelineKick on September 17, 2007, 09:10:43 PM
most counties probably, but i wudnt imagine many more than 3 or 4000 for armagh! may be wrong of course!
That's surprising. I go to Down & Antrim finals every year and there's far more than that at both. Why the small attendances given the interest in football in Armagh?

SidelineKick

as i say i could be wrong i just think people are gettin fed up with the cross final. not an amagh person myself but been to last few county finals and big crowds there but not massive. would imagine probably around 5 or 6000. most other counties would get bigger crowds due to new and different teams bein in finals and most likely it will be close. not so in armagh! no disrespect to cross. worthy champions!

Reported.

corn02

Don't even think it is a Cross thing, the general championship attendances in Armagh are alot less than the likes of Tyrone, Down Derry and Louth. Too many people put County before Club in Armagh, gibshites!

pintsofguinness

Corn is right, club football would be poorly supported.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

SidelineKick

ah well there u have it then  :D knew i couldt be right! also attended the cross and dromintee drawn match and was relatively impressed with the crowd, would that be the biggest for the year bar the final?

Reported.

corn02

Would not be surprised if it was bigger than the final sideline.

mousey

Quote from: cross4capital on September 13, 2007, 07:23:37 PM
Quote from: ard mhaca abu on September 11, 2007, 06:18:12 PM
fao cross4capital

QuoteVery good argument crossfire! well put together. The basic fatc is, cruppen had no business being in a championship game with us, they are an average intermediate side, i mean what about paul keenan? how that man is on the county while star footballers like micky macnamee and tony kernan and johnny murtagh are kept out? they should have thrown on his fat brother sure.

im sean keenan..paul's fat brother...if u are so jealous of the fact that paul is a county player paul tell him rather than be a coward and hide behind the name cross4capital....

ur makin a pure dick outta urself nd bc1 nd crossfire have already suggested u to shut up nd stop bein a child..ur an insult to ur club..if ur such a big man name urself like i have done...

cruppen do revolve round more than 1 player as seen on sunday..nd are a big club...with more than my brother and i to insult....u w**ker

Yeah Cruppen are such a good club, its a credit to you camlough folk that you find time to train after spending your days drinking buckfast and breaking into cars! you call me a coward? we didn't shit ourselves last sunday! Cruppen will never be near us again, you don't have the youth setup, your just a crowd of camlough scumbags.
wud you get a life and slip on u fuckin tosser good job all cross people are not as hateful as u ya p***k

pintsofguinness

Saturday 15 September

ACL – Div. I
Crossmaglen w/o; Mullaghbawn cnf
Pearse Og 3-13; Whitecross 1-8

ACL – Div. II
Carrickcruppen 2-14; St Peter's 2-8
St Patrick's w/o; Annaghmore cnf
Granemore 0-10; Silverbridge 0-8

ACL – Div. III
Collegeland w/o; Middletown cnf
St Paul's 2-9; Clady 0-4
Crossmaglen II 1-7; Ballyhegan 4-11

ACL – Div. IV
Mullaghbrack cnf; Derrynoose w/o

What's going on here?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Goats Do Shave

I know Ballyhegan won a match!!!  :P

Hank Everlast

Anyone heard much about this new post being made available by the armagh county board?? The 'director of football'.... from what ive heard theres another 30 grand a year with Joe Kernans name on it!!

el_cuervo_fc

you're the man in the know Hank.  Do tell

Spiritof98

Apologise if this has been covered already but I just heard the company developing the Athletic grounds has gone bust and work has ceased yet again.

What a bloody joke this county board is.

They were riding on a crest of a wave with the senior team doing well, but they are useless. Nugents position must now be untenable, after all he is an employee not a volunteer.
I'll go back if Marsdens back