Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: full back on September 13, 2007, 10:08:36 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 12, 2007, 07:00:44 PM
I accept the lack of any real bank at that end is a fair criticism (though some corner of the field is obstructed from view no matter where you stand in most fields - if the place is full) but I hardly think it's reason for fullback to describe the bridge as one of the worse venues for a big game.

Toilets, Changing rooms???
Yes we've both.

I think armaghexile has keady mixed up with somewhere else.

Mackers, I'm still waiting on your answers.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

full back

Do you think your changing rooms are good enough pog?
Are there enough toilets?

inthemaking

Quote from: full back on September 13, 2007, 01:29:56 PM

our changing rooms were not adequate which is why we are in the process of upgrading and making them bigger. the official opening is in 3 weeks time and will be ready for next season

full back

Where are you putting them inthemaking?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: inthemaking on September 13, 2007, 01:37:32 PM
Quote from: full back on September 13, 2007, 01:29:56 PM

our changing rooms were not adequate which is why we are in the process of upgrading and making them bigger. the official opening is in 3 weeks time and will be ready for next season

And we can only hope they meet fullback's high standards and no doubt him and others will be wishing us luck with it all.
(some chance)

How many toilets do you want fullback?   ::)

Long way from proving we're the worst venue in the county for a big game. 

full back

Sarcastic bollix as usual pog.
If its not the Kernans, its C Conlon. If its not him its A4SA, if its not him its crying about getting championship games.
::) ::)

pintsofguinness

When did I cry about not getting championship games?
I made a point one day that they should be spread out more and you took it to mean I wanted them in the bridge.

It's not my fault you can't read.
Is all this because I won't laugh at your wee friend?

Kentucky Blue

Quote from: Kentucky Blue on September 12, 2007, 02:08:23 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 12, 2007, 01:57:54 PM
what ground in the county, or anywhere, can everyone park at the gate?

It would need to be a right size of a gate if there was one. Would not be too keen if EVERYONE were to park at the gate, would lead to endless congestion on trying to exit the venue.

I notice how you did not pick up on my qualm about the bank issue and not being able to get a good view due to people obstructing your view as everyone is on the same height level. This mean you agree that this is a problem?  ???
I accept the lack of any real bank at that end is a fair criticism (though some corner of the field is obstructed from view no matter where you stand in most fields - if the place is full) but I hardly think it's reason for fullback to describe the bridge as one of the worse venues for a big game.  I suggest you go to the stand or the top bank if you've trouble seeing.  I'd hardly say the lack of a bank is a problem either, it's grand for our own games and the new fields will be opened next month. 
Back to the parking, I hadn't really time to answer you earlier, but name the grounds in armagh that have better parking?  Do you think Cross, Cruppen, Abbey park (all hold big games) have better parking?

Back to parking it is then.....
All in all i think cross is the best venue overall and IMO it has a better parking set up than the bridge.

Davitt Park hasn't got a bad set up in this respect either.

full back

Who is my wee friend?
Quite selective in your last reply as well

winsamsoon

I still haven't got an answer as to why the county final cannot be held at Davitt. I am also outraged by the fact that the final is going to be played at a neutral venue this year. My own club had to play Cross last year in Cross so what has changed between then and now?? Could it be that Pearse Ogs can lobby better than our representatives ?? or could it be the new chairman on board.???? This one has me baffled.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

mackers

Pints, i joined the discussion board to discuss the sport that I love, not to get involved in a slanging match with an arrogant bully like yourself.  However, you asked me to show you where you have given fullback a tirade oif abuse, all I have to do is to refer to your last few responses. Do you think that it is normal to call a fellow gael a "poor wee pet" and for him "to clean out his ears".
We fell out over the match last summer two to three months back and on the Springsteen thread I tried to have a laugh about it but you threw my comments back and started the name calling again. You treat all people who disagree with you in a similar manner.
You have asked me what did I mean by stating that you didn't have your wits about you in Crossmaglen.  It's easy, you can't control your temper on an internet forum, I just can't see you keeping control of yourself when the whole thing kicked off that day, and you will have missed things that a NEUTRAL who couldn't give a toss about either team would have seen.
As far as I'm concerned that's the end of the matter and I suppose in your world you'll think you've "won" but I'd rather get back to discussing football (the object of the thread) and I'd say the other posters don't want to read another two or three pages of you and I arguing.
P.S. I NEVER lied!!!!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

charlie stubbs

winsamsoon,i can understand your anger if the county final is being switched but if it happens next year then the ogs will be disappointed and so on and so on.it is a disgrace even though it is the best equipped ground in the county at the min that cross get to play the final on their own patch.it is difficult enough for them to be defeated never mind going up to their place,as this will often play in opponents minds

BenDover

But it would be all the sweeter to dethrone the champions in their own backyard so to speak

Uladh

On the other hand, the task is large and every minor addition to the cause should be utilised

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Kentucky Blue on September 13, 2007, 01:56:30 PM
Quote from: Kentucky Blue on September 12, 2007, 02:08:23 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 12, 2007, 01:57:54 PM
what ground in the county, or anywhere, can everyone park at the gate?

It would need to be a right size of a gate if there was one. Would not be too keen if EVERYONE were to park at the gate, would lead to endless congestion on trying to exit the venue.

I notice how you did not pick up on my qualm about the bank issue and not being able to get a good view due to people obstructing your view as everyone is on the same height level. This mean you agree that this is a problem?  ???
I accept the lack of any real bank at that end is a fair criticism (though some corner of the field is obstructed from view no matter where you stand in most fields - if the place is full) but I hardly think it's reason for fullback to describe the bridge as one of the worse venues for a big game.  I suggest you go to the stand or the top bank if you've trouble seeing.  I'd hardly say the lack of a bank is a problem either, it's grand for our own games and the new fields will be opened next month. 
Back to the parking, I hadn't really time to answer you earlier, but name the grounds in armagh that have better parking?  Do you think Cross, Cruppen, Abbey park (all hold big games) have better parking?

Back to parking it is then.....
All in all i think cross is the best venue overall and IMO it has a better parking set up than the bridge.

Davitt Park hasn't got a bad set up in this respect either.
KB, I wasn't saying the bridge had the best set up for a big game, I just objected to full back's comment that we were one of the worst.

Full Back
QuoteWho is my wee friend?
Quite selective in your last reply as well
Want do you want me to say to you fullback?  I should sit and argue with you that not all of my posts are about the Kernans, Armagh4sam, Ciaran Conlon and about matches not being played in the bridge?   ::)

Mackers
QuotePints, i joined the discussion board to discuss the sport that I love, not to get involved in a slanging match with an arrogant bully like yourself.  However, you asked me to show you where you have given fullback a tirade oif abuse, all I have to do is to refer to your last few responses. Do you think that it is normal to call a fellow gael a "poor wee pet" and for him "to clean out his ears".
We fell out over the match last summer two to three months back and on the Springsteen thread I tried to have a laugh about it but you threw my comments back and started the name calling again. You treat all people who disagree with you in a similar manner.
You have asked me what did I mean by stating that you didn't have your wits about you in Crossmaglen.  It's easy, you can't control your temper on an internet forum, I just can't see you keeping control of yourself when the whole thing kicked off that day, and you will have missed things that a NEUTRAL who couldn't give a toss about either team would have seen.
As far as I'm concerned that's the end of the matter and I suppose in your world you'll think you've "won" but I'd rather get back to discussing football (the object of the thread) and I'd say the other posters don't want to read another two or three pages of you and I arguing.
P.S. I NEVER lied!!!!
Is it normal to call a "fellow gael" an "arrogant bully"?
How about "Sarcastic bollix" or "knob" or "muppet" etc etc Don't give me crap about "fellow gaels" please. 
btw it's news to me that "poor wee pet" and "clean out your ears" amounts to a tirade of abuse.

You came on here three or four months ago and you told lies about the cullyhanna game.  I'm sory if you find me abusive, arrogant or a bully when I say that but I really don't know what other way I can say it.  You lied about men in suits fighting on the field.  On a day when both sets of supporters should have been praised (with our team and panel) for their cool heads there is always one who has to make things worse, always one who trys and shifts the blame.  These are my last comments on your allegations, people can believe me or you I don't really care but you and I know you lied. 

As for your comments regarding me and my temper as you put it, well it's astounding.  How can you make those comments about me, you've never met me and you've no idea what I'm like. (I want you to answer that question)
I never lost my temper in my life, well maybe once or twice when my mammy wouldn't buy me the sweets I wanted.
Also, being in the stand in Cross that day when it all kicked off my only feelings were fear (for the lives, yes the lives, of some of our lads) and absolute pride.  Anger only came weeks late when it was quite clear they were going to get away with it.