Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcuksake

DIVISION 1 re-fixture

Harps beat Cullaville tonight under the lights in abbey Pk by 2 points. wasnt a bad game, Joe Quigley played rightly. That should be Harps well safe now. ;D
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

pintsofguinness

Quotewas at the dromintee V Cross game at the bridge and the training facilities in place are Excellent. Pints you should have made on of the training pitches the main one.. they look the part.
They will be the main ones.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

fcuksake

I thought that, just wanted it clarified.

will be great surface to play on when opened.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

fcuksake

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on September 12, 2007, 09:12:31 PM
Theres only 3 or 4 cpitchs that shoud be having big games and there Cross, Mullaghbawn, kileavey, newtown Carrickcruppin and when they get the athletic grounds sorted out they can do it to./

so as it stands there must be no football pitches outside South Armagh. ???

Uladh

Armagh4SamAgain

'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

SimpleSimon

It was said to me lastnite that both teams have agreed on Keady as the venue for the county final. It may not have the best parking or viewing facilities but both are happy to play there. Apparantly turnstiles can be provided if necessary. It will be interesting to see if this actually happens.

On the Bridge, I like it as a pitch for both playing and watching matches. From a playing point of view, yes there's an incline on the pitches but there's 2 half to a game so you benefit for 30min. When watching I never go near the stand but head for the top goals and have a great view.

umgolaarmagh

Newtown is too small,

and the fence is too close to the actually pitch

it is bordering on dangerous as a carrickcruppen player found out a few years ago

Armagh Exile

QuoteIt was said to me lastnite that both teams have agreed on Keady as the venue for the county final. It may not have the best parking or viewing facilities but both are happy to play there. Apparantly turnstiles can be provided if necessary. It will be interesting to see if this actually happens.

Great news altogether.
Excellent spectator facilities including Ladies & Gents toilets, first-class covered stand and great viewing facilities.
Plenty of parking spaces, etc.
Really looking forward to Sunday 30 September.

full back

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 12, 2007, 07:00:44 PM
I accept the lack of any real bank at that end is a fair criticism (though some corner of the field is obstructed from view no matter where you stand in most fields - if the place is full) but I hardly think it's reason for fullback to describe the bridge as one of the worse venues for a big game. 

Toilets, Changing rooms???

winsamsoon

Covered stands????? I must have been at the wrong pitch. Or has this been a late edition. I still haven't heard any comments on Davitt but i guess it has already been decided according to reports.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

illdecide

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 13, 2007, 10:30:05 AM
Covered stands????? I must have been at the wrong pitch. Or has this been a late edition. I still haven't heard any comments on Davitt but i guess it has already been decided according to reports.

It's in the wrong part of the county son. There's not a man on this board that could honestly put their hand up and say that if Davitt Park was another 30 mile south it would be the no 1 ground in the county, the reason it's neglected is it's in Lurgan. The train station is 1/2 mile away the motorway is 1 mile away there is 2 schools for car parking and a massive industrial estate for parking 500meters away, if the money spent on the Pathetic Gorunds had went into Davitt we would have some spot.

The pitch is level and flat (just needs a bit of tufting ;)) and a big pitch at that, the ground is there around it for developing.
What more can i say..... :-*
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mackers

I think Keady has very poor banking also. To be fair Crossmaglen has the best facilities in the county and is the only ground fit to hold a county final.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

full back

As well as Cross, I would say the Clans have a good enough set-up to hold a county final