Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontcare

Quote from: Spiritof98 on September 11, 2007, 03:18:51 PM
Other than the Ogs faithful, does any neutrals among us see the Ogs overturning the AI champs.

I thought they might challange earlier in the year but after watching them against the Harps I would find it suprising if they did.

I took a bit of stick from our City rivals about being in the county final, but we were beat by cross in the 1st round, they're basically prolonging the agony IMO.

Without a doth cross are the best , bus yes i think your right there time is running out, the new players comming in are good but no where near as good as the players of the past 10 years, any team could surprise cross epically a team they dint know too much about, as i stated earlier cross never beat teams by lots its always a close game, the drominte first game was an example, but i still think cross may have another one or two county titles in great which is some record.

umgolaarmagh

The fixture date and location of match will be fixed tonight at a county  board meeting

Ogs are looking the match to be played at a neutral venue ie, Keady and Davitt park which are both classed as county grounds

brokencrossbar1

I could be wrong, and am open to correction but there are certain Health and Safety standards and also venue issues eg turnstiles, which are required for a county final. 

If there is a neutral ground with these in place then by all means play the game there. 

If not, there will be no option but to play it in Cross.

umgolaarmagh

I think Keady held an intercounty hurling semi final recently and that would suggest that its available on h&s grounds

I dont think Cross would object as the 1986 final between both clubs was changed from the athletci grounds to keady

bennydorano

Hard luck in the hurling sunday Spirit, got to it eventually after heading to Keady first :-\ Thought it was a cracking(tough) game, your opposite number kept Cuchulianns at bay with a few great goalbound saves.

Hank Everlast

i really couldnt see anything other than a cross win spirit, i wudnt think there wud be too much in it tho.  A few points in it maybe, with the ogs having a goal ruled out, a penalty not given or some other atrocity that will leave the ogs faithfull with that havin been robbed feeling!!!

SimpleSimon

If its in keady, I think the ogs could just about take them. The harps could have but for some poor early shooting!

Though I know that cross also like playing in Keady, but its not the fortress that is crossmaglen!

Spirit what was the opinion/feeling among your squad after Sundays game? Been talking to a few who feel it was there for you's. Middletown played a dangerous game not starting a few of their big names.

Who do you fancy for the final?

David McKeown

I don't know much about Keady but are there two pitches in the town?  The one we played at on Sunday definitely couldn't hold the county final but I always thought there was one on through the ground.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

pintsofguinness

Ok Fullback, lets take one at a time

QuoteParking is poor, takes f**king forever to get on the road home.
Are you taking the piss? I would say it's the easiest club to park at!  Do you get it easier to park in cross, armagh, camlough? 

QuoteAm not going to mention, selling tickets at the gate, then not even calling out the winning one (or if they did I didnt hear it - as per Cross v Drom games. Before you start I know its only a £1 but it is the principle)
Well that's funny as you've just mentioned it. ::) I'm sure you can read dontcare's post and in future you should clean your ears out, wouldn't want you think we stole a quid of you!

Finally, letting cars into the field, then they start to leave before the game is over & drive out through the crowd ::)
You must have missed inthemaking's post when he explained that.  What would you have us do?  24 hour vigil at the gate?  Recovery trucks ready? What do you want us to do?  Why not blame the ignorant f**kers who'd come to a game a hour early just so they wouldn't have to pay in?

QuoteThere is no bank (to speak of) on the side opposite the stand, so when people stand against the fence it is virtually impossible to see all of the field.
That's the only real criticism you have, someone stood in your way and you couldn't see all the field  ::)

Hardly makes us one of the worst venues in the county does it?
I find it interesting that people can walk in past all the bridge have built and improved and still find something to complain about but I suppose that will always be the way.

oh btw fullback, you're great craic, criticise a club's ground but you've never told us your own club.

Mackers
QuoteDon't go there full back, you'll be called a liar. The fact that the rest of the county agrees with you will not save you from being called a liar every time he replies to your posts (even 3 or 4 months down the line!).
Mackers, when you tell lies expect to be called a liar and 3 or 4 years down the line you'll still be a liar! 
The rest of the county didn't and doesn't agree with you, don't be telling more lies. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ard mhaca abu

fao cross4capital

QuoteVery good argument crossfire! well put together. The basic fatc is, cruppen had no business being in a championship game with us, they are an average intermediate side, i mean what about paul keenan? how that man is on the county while star footballers like micky macnamee and tony kernan and johnny murtagh are kept out? they should have thrown on his fat brother sure.

im sean keenan..paul's fat brother...if u are so jealous of the fact that paul is a county player paul tell him rather than be a coward and hide behind the name cross4capital....

ur makin a pure dick outta urself nd bc1 nd crossfire have already suggested u to shut up nd stop bein a child..ur an insult to ur club..if ur such a big man name urself like i have done...

cruppen do revolve round more than 1 player as seen on sunday..nd are a big club...with more than my brother and i to insult....u w**ker

twotwocharlie

sorry to spoil your rant full back ,but regarding cars at silverbridge pitch the county board control the gate. they decide who gains entry.

ExiledGael

Quote from: ard mhaca abu on September 11, 2007, 06:18:12 PM
fao cross4capital

QuoteVery good argument crossfire! well put together. The basic fatc is, cruppen had no business being in a championship game with us, they are an average intermediate side, i mean what about paul keenan? how that man is on the county while star footballers like micky macnamee and tony kernan and johnny murtagh are kept out? they should have thrown on his fat brother sure.

im sean keenan..paul's fat brother...if u are so jealous of the fact that paul is a county player paul tell him rather than be a coward and hide behind the name cross4capital....

ur makin a pure dick outta urself nd bc1 nd crossfire have already suggested u to shut up nd stop bein a child..ur an insult to ur club..if ur such a big man name urself like i have done...

cruppen do revolve round more than 1 player as seen on sunday..nd are a big club...with more than my brother and i to insult....u w**ker

Well said, and a lesson for a lot of assholes here

psg30

it was an annaghmore umpire not a clonmore umpire!!!!!

fcuksake

fair play to ye Sean

(Im looking forward to his response)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.