Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

full back

If you had your way el cuervo every team you play would be the favourites - you almost tried to make the Nab favourites in the last round ::) :D

Og's v Maghery: Tight game ahead. Hopefully it will be an open game unlike the majority of games so far in the championship. Draw

Cross v Cruppen:  Cruppen have done well to get this far & but for a better draw could have found themselves in the County final. Cross to power ahead before half time then cruise home by 6

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: full back on September 05, 2007, 10:13:25 AM
If you had your way el cuervo every team you play would be the favourites - you almost tried to make the Nab favourites in the last round ::) :D

Og's v Maghery: Tight game ahead. Hopefully it will be an open game unlike the majority of games so far in the championship. Draw

Cross v Cruppen:  Cruppen have done well to get this far & but for a better draw could have found themselves in the County final. Cross to power ahead before half time then cruise home by 6

If i recall correctly i said the Ogs v Nab match would be a draw, I wasn't far off the mark ;)

Obviously i'd like Maghery to be favourites, It leaves less pressure on the underdogs and gives even more of an incentive to win.

full back

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 05, 2007, 10:19:13 AM
If i recall correctly i said the Ogs v Nab match would be a draw, I wasn't far off the mark ;)

If that is your aspirations you shouldnt even be in the Senior Championship

el_cuervo_fc

full back

Well then stop acting like a f**king politician

el_cuervo_fc

tut tut, such aggression.

I posted earlier that i thought cross would win by 7 and the Ogs would win by a point. 

I reckon our match on saturday will be a close encounter with us eventually winning, where's the politics in that?

We have played Maghery twice this year.  the First game, at home was a draw

The second game we won by 2 points, with Maghery having a goal disallowed in the last minute for a square ball.

Therefore in reflection there's not much between the teams.  We got a kick up the ass the last time against the Nab and I think we will win this after a tight struggle

fcuksake

Cross to win by a comfortable 5 points

I think Maghery have the stronger midfield and pose the bigger threat up front if clarke isnt starting. Although Ogs are strong enough in defence.

Draw.

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

downtown

any odds on this weekend cship games?

illdecide

What do you guys make of McDonnell's appointment as the new gaffer??, i don't know much about the man all i know is he took the U21's for the last 2 years. You men from south Armagh would know more about him than me so is he gonna do the business?

On a personal note i would have prefeered Grimley but now that McDonnell has got the job he has to be give a fair chance. the Irish news said he was the last man to defeat Cross in the championship (i hope the feck thats not why he got the job or we're fcuked, thats 12 years ago)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

charlie stubbs

think maghery ogs could be a good game of football.paul and stefan forker will have be watched carefully though mallon will be fit for either.game coiuld come down to midfield battle and with lavery there maghery could shade it,though ogs greater experience could be telling

Candyman

Ogs would need to buck up their ideas from the last day and the big named players need to show their worth in this game.....
Its set to be an entertaining game?!?!?!

illdecide

I think Davitt Park will suit the Og's on sat as they have won there recently beating the Clans whereas i can't recall Maghery winning in Davitt for a while. And Maghery are used with a small tight pitch so the open spaces of Davitt might not suit.

We are training on it tonight so i'll have to remember to replace the divits :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

twotwocharlie

illdecide.......peter mcdonnell will do just fine. he,s no mug thats for sure. played under him some years ago. sound man.

corn02

I expect Cross to get through by 4 after a tough game. Also expect Magher yt o have a few points to spare over the OGs, obviously it will depend on a family of forwards performing but I expect them to.