Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh Exile

QuoteCarrickcruppen beat Ballymacnab

My mistake.  Should have read:-
Carrickcruppen beat Granemore

pedro

I hear there's a young lad playing with Dromintee (corner back I think) who's originally from Louth (Kilkerley or somethinng?), good footballer by all reports. Anyone able to shed any light on this chap??
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

fcuksake

ARMAGH CLUB RESULTS & TABLES FOR W/E SUNDAY 2 SEPTEMBER 2007

Thursday 30 August

ACL – Div. II
Granemore 0-8; St Patrick's 3-10

Friday 31 August

ACL – Div. I
Harps 1-9; Whitecross 1-5
Tir na nÓg 0-4; Pearse Og 4-14

ACL – Div. III
Crossmaglen II 1-8; Clady 1-6

ACL – Div. IV
Dorsey Emmett's 0-4; Derrynoose 3-10

Saturday 1 September

Minor Football Championship Quarter-Final
Carrickcruppen 1-7; St Patrick's 1-12

Minor Football Championship Semi-Final Replay
Granemore v Tullysaran (Off)

Sunday 2 September

Armagh 'B' Football Championship Final
Maghery 1-9; St Patrick's 1-8

ACL – Div. I
Mullaghbawn v Whitecross (Off)

ACL – Div. II
Clann Eireann 1-7; St Patrick's 1-11
Carrickcruppen 1-10; Granemore 0-9

ACL – Div. III
Clady 0-9; Collegeland 2-8
Middletown v Lissummon (Off)

ACL – Div. IV
Mullaghbrack 0-5; Shane O'Neill's 1-9
O'Hanlon's v Derrynoose (Off)

ARMAGH ACL TABLES - 2007

Division I
P W D L Pts
Crossmaglen 11 10 0 1 20
Dromintee 13 8 1 4 17
Pearse Og 13 8 1 4 17
Mullaghbawn 14 7 2 5 16
Maghery 13 7 1 5 15
Harps 14 6 2 6 14
Clan na Gael 14 6 2 6 14
Culloville 13 3 2 8 8
Whitecross 13 4 0 9 8
Tir na nÓg 14 1 1 12 3

Division II
P W D L Pts
St Patrick's 15 14 0 1 28
Killeavey 16 12 1 3 25
Silverbridge 15 11 1 3 23
St Michael's 15 9 3 3 21
Carrickcruppen 11 8 0 3 16
Clann Eireann 14 7 0 7 14
Granemore 14 6 0 8 12
Ballymacnab 16 6 0 10 12
Keady 15 4 1 10 9
Wolfe Tones 16 3 2 11 8
St Peter's 16 3 0 13 6
Annaghmore 15 2 0 13 4

Division III
P W D L Pts
Sarsfields 15 13 0 2 26
An Port Mor 16 13 0 3 26
Madden 16 13 0 3 26
Collegeland 15 10 1 4 21
Lissummon 16 7 2 7 16
St Paul's 14 5 2 7 12
Tullysaran 15 5 2 8 12
Clonmore 17 6 0 11 12
Ballyhegan 14 5 0 9 10
Crossmaglen II 15 3 1 11 7
Middletown 11 3 0 8 6
Clady 14 1 2 11 4

Division IV
P W D L Pts
Belleek 14 12 0 2 24
Grange 15 10 1 3 23
Shane O'Neill's 12 8 2 2 18
Eire Og 14 9 0 5 18
Derrynoose 13 7 2 4 16
Mullaghbrack 14 8 0 6 16
Dorsey Emmett's 16 7 2 7 16
Forkhill 15 7 1 7 15
O'Hanlon's 15 4 2 9 10
Corrinshego 16 2 0 14 4
Phelim Brady's 16 0 0 16 0
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

winsamsoon

Quote from: corn02 on August 31, 2007, 02:35:15 PM
Winsamsoon where were you on 9/11?

This is a unrelated question to the topic we are discussing Corn but if you can tell me why you want to know i will gladly answer it for you.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

brokencrossbar1

I go off for a few weeks and you all lose the run of yourselves :P

Made the replay between Cross and Dromintee and have to say I was disappointed by it.  Although a tense game, it never really lived up to much as a contest.  Dromintee had good performers in Dyas and AOR to a lesser extent.  I felt Cross won and never really got out of second gear.  They don't generally lose replays so I expected the reult to be like that.  Once again Dromintee have to do some serious soul searching to see if they can actually steo over the now Everest like mental challenge of beating Cross in the championship.

I am not going to trail through all the posts about Cross "poaching" players.  I was talking to a well repsected Bridge man though the other day, (not the one you think Pints either) and I happened to mention by the by about Ciaran Conlon and whta the craic was with him.  He would know more than anyone here about the in and outs of it (apart from Ciaran himself, who is a poster here, I believe) and I asked him if Cross approached the lad.  He said to me that the lad had asked to join Cross, one of the club managers (not the senior managers I might add) said it would be a good idea, the upper levels of the club said it was not happening, ie Eddie Hughes.  He may be a decent player but would struggle to make the Cross team.  He was not even the best of his age group in this man's opinion.  He told me the reasons behind the row and it smacks of a young lad playing his fathers failed football career for his da, and I know his da and that is a very sad situation.

As regards the other players "stolen"(WTF :o)  you may as well say that Cross poached me from Cullyhanna because I went to primary school there.  JD fell out with Cullyhanna and wanted to join Cross, whether that was due to the fact that we are a successful club, or perhaps that it is the closest club to him in the area is open for discussion, but the rest of the players mentioned have had either family ties with the club or have played for Cross from underage level when their own local club did not have a team at his age group ie Colm O'Neill.

As for the accusation by pints that Cross are going round places like Creggan trying to encourage young ones to join, catch a grip, for a start there is no need for Cross to do that as many young kids will always want to play for a successful team and the same happens across the world.  Cross have enough young ones coming through the gates without having to go out to find more.  Look inside your own clubs people before casting unsustainable aspertions against other clubs.

bennydorano

Was at the B final last night, pretty decent game,entertaining 'til the end.  Cullyhanna instigated a row after the match, from what I could see it was the number 5 who started the whole thing then ran like shite, few 'fans' pilled in too.  Wasn't a dirty game either.  Cullyhanna dominated the second half and got back to within a point but couldn't quite draw level.  Seen plenty of worse rows.

pintsofguinness

QuoteAs for the accusation by pints that Cross are going round places like Creggan trying to encourage young ones to join, catch a grip, for a start there is no need for Cross to do that as many young kids will always want to play for a successful team and the same happens across the world.  Cross have enough young ones coming through the gates without having to go out to find more.  Look inside your own clubs people before casting unsustainable aspertions against other clubs.
What's that suppose to mean?
I never mentioned creggan BC. 
Cross haven't targetted our underage players who are with the county's development squads?

I'll answer the rest of your post later.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

brokencrossbar1

QuoteAs for the accusation by pints that Cross are going round places like Creggan trying to encourage young ones to join, catch a grip, for a start there is no need for Cross to do that as many young kids will always want to play for a successful team and the same happens across the world.  Cross have enough young ones coming through the gates without having to go out to find more. 

Look inside your own clubs people before casting unsustainable aspertions against other clubs.
What's that suppose to mean?

It means worry about your own club and how to develop its players and its structures before looking to phantom excuses for your young players not breaking through.  I am echoing the thoughts of the man I spoke to.

You may not have mentioned Creggan but someone did.  The area doesn't matter the same principle applies.  If you have examples of Cross targetting you under age players at development squads let us know, otherwise stop making accustions with half stories.

Maybe that is what your later response will hold, so I wait in trepidation!

pintsofguinness

bc
QuoteIt means worry about your own club and how to develop its players and its structures before looking to phantom excuses for your young players not breaking through.  I am echoing the thoughts of the man I spoke to.
What an odd thing to say, and what an odd thing to imply a bridge man said. 
For a start, no one is even talking about young players not breaking through never mind blaming cross for it!  The underage structure has never been as good in the club and In fact we've a problem with players breaking through as we can't get a settled senior team or one with an average age of more than 21 - but it's a nice problem to have.  Don't you be worrying your wee head about us.

QuoteYou may not have mentioned Creggan but someone did.  The area doesn't matter the same principle applies.  If you have examples of Cross targetting you under age players at development squads let us know, otherwise stop making accustions with half stories.

You know rightly I'm not going to come on here and name children!  As I'm not prepared to do that I won't name the cross stars that were trying to tempt them away.  Now, you or others, can call me a liar if you want, that's up to yourselves.

QuoteI am not going to trail through all the posts about Cross "poaching" players.  I was talking to a well repsected Bridge man though the other day, (not the one you think Pints either) and I happened to mention by the by about Ciaran Conlon and whta the craic was with him.  He would know more than anyone here about the in and outs of it (apart from Ciaran himself, who is a poster here, I believe) and I asked him if Cross approached the lad.  He said to me that the lad had asked to join Cross, one of the club managers (not the senior managers I might add) said it would be a good idea, the upper levels of the club said it was not happening, ie Eddie Hughes.  He may be a decent player but would struggle to make the Cross team.  He was not even the best of his age group in this man's opinion.  He told me the reasons behind the row and it smacks of a young lad playing his fathers failed football career for his da, and I know his da and that is a very sad situation.

Well, no one said anything about cross approaching ciaran conlon.
I'm glad you found out the reasons though where were you a few months back when people were assuming the club was at fault. 
I think it's unfair to say he wouldn't make the Cross team, he would have the ability to do so.  In fact, talent wise, with maybe the exception of McConville or McEntee he'd be as good as any Cross forward.  Trouble is, with his attiude, not many teams would have him.  I would imagine also if clubs learned the reasons (the real ones) why he left the bridge they wouldnt be falling over themselves either. 
It's a sad case because he has the talent and the abiilty and also the commitment and dedication but as I'm sure you learned it's parts of his attitude that stinks and did actually begin to affect his play. I really hope he catches himself on, even if he never plays for us again.

I would imagine when you say you believe he posts here you're talking about twotwocharlie.  Have to say the same thought crossed my mind but I would give the lad more credit than that.   

Armagh4SamAgain

'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

pintsofguinness

that must be your first post without a spelling mistake  ::)

You slipping up?

twotwocharlie

i see pints you are back to your usual drivel blaming c.conlon and no one else for the situation at silverbridge . as i said before it,s a sign of good management that everyone is kept on board. to blame conlon and only conlon is pure bullshit and you f**king know that. but then you are never short of an opinion.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: twotwocharlie on September 03, 2007, 11:19:07 PM
i see pints you are back to your usual drivel blaming c.conlon and no one else for the situation at silverbridge . as i said before it,s a sign of good management that everyone is kept on board. to blame conlon and only conlon is pure bullshit and you f**king know that. but then you are never short of an opinion.
:)

Yes you're right, they management should have went crawling on their hands and knees to ciaran, dunno why they didn't myself!  ::)
Why don't you tell us what the managment did wrong?

twotwocharlie

where in my post do i mention crawling. some common sense was all that was needed. but as you are blinded by your own bullshit i don,t expect you to see this. your still yapping on about cross stealing players and yet cannot see the folly of letting c.conlon go.
but you and your clique were happy to see his father go so i am not surprised with your attitude towards the son.
let me say for the last time conlon is a very good player and everything should be done to encourage him back.

pintsofguinness

Me and my clique?  :D   :D   :D

What should have been done to make him stay or what should be done to make him come back?