Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Most teams are just scared of yous with harps number 1 at the queue. I'm sure Cullyhanna are disgusted that they got beat by harps this year. 

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: general_lee on October 12, 2015, 10:13:53 AM
Most teams are just scared of yous with harps number 1 at the queue. I'm sure Cullyhanna are disgusted that they got beat by harps this year.

Maybe but they've had several chances to beat us and haven't stepped up either.

general_lee

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 12, 2015, 10:17:30 AM
Quote from: general_lee on October 12, 2015, 10:13:53 AM

Maybe but they've had several chances to beat us and haven't stepped up either.
True. But in the last five years only the nab have taken a bigger hiding in the final. No disrespect to the harps but they had a chance to correct things yesterday and they failed. Almost embarrassed for them

illdecide

You can only give credit to Cross but Armagh football is so bad, for a team to win 19 out of 20 championships is unreal. Can Cross realistically win 9 from the next 10?(absolutely) How bad would that be for the rest of the clubs.

BC1  i know Cross & Clann Eireann were very evenly matched in the minor final...what's the talent like of the young minors on the squad yesterday?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: illdecide on October 12, 2015, 12:11:50 PM
You can only give credit to Cross but Armagh football is so bad, for a team to win 19 out of 20 championships is unreal. Can Cross realistically win 9 from the next 10?(absolutely) How bad would that be for the rest of the clubs.

BC1  i know Cross & Clann Eireann were very evenly matched in the minor final...what's the talent like of the young minors on the squad yesterday?

There would be 3-4 of the minors on the squad that would start on most other senior teams in the county.  The 2 lads who came on yesterday and Stephen Morris definitely.  3 lads who are all good players and all in excess of 6 ft and growing into a really good players. 

illdecide

What was the title in the Gaelic Life this week..."we haven't went away you know"...something like that...lol

illdecide

Looking forward to Cross v Kilcoo should be a cracker. I think Cross will beat them by 2pts

liamrice1

A chairde,

At 4pm Saturday 21st November 2015 (in Pairc Esler, Newry) Cumann Pheadair Naofa GAC are hosting a unique hurling event in which a St Peter's/Ulster Select will play a Kilkenny legends team in a one off hurling 'Legends' match. The Kilkenny panel includes legendary net minder James McGarry, a full back line of John Tennyson, Michael Kavanagh and Noel Hickey, a half back line that would grace many current county teams of Tommy Walsh, Brian Hogan and JJ Delaney. Derek Lyng will marshal the midfield whilst up front they boast players of the quality of Aidan Fogarty, Martin Comerford, Eddie Brennan, DJ Carey, Charlie Carter and Henry Shefflin.

The Ulster team is made up of county players spread from throughout Ulster including; Conor McKinley, Ciaran Clarke, Odran McFadden and Chris O'Connell of Antrim. Sean McCullagh, Ruairi Convery, Kevin and Liam Hinphey of Derry. Fintan Conway, Paul Sheehan, Danny Toner, Ciaran Coulter and Stephen Keith of Down as well as county players from Armagh, Fermanagh and Donegal (Sean McVeigh of St Eunan's and Danny Cullen of Setanta).

Tickets are priced at £10 for adults and £5 for kids and can be purchased from The Quays Newry, Down GAA County Office Castlewellan, St Peter's Clubrooms Warrenpoint (Sunday 8pm-10pm), Centra in Cloughey and Centra in Portaferry. There are also a number of group tickets available in House of Sport Belfast by contacting Damien McConville damienmcconville@sportni.net alternatively the Down ticket van will be present at the match for ticket sales. It is advisable to purchase group tickets in advance to avoid unnecessary delays on the day of the match.

Visit www.warrenpointgaa.com or follow us on twitter or facebook for updates on the game.

Is mise le meas

illdecide

Cross only 4/6 in the betting...would have thought both teams would have been a bit closer in the betting. Cross by 2pts for me as i think Cross would have set their sights on Kilcoo from a long way back and as much as they wouldn't admit it REVENGE will be top of their list and is a great motivator...

general_lee

Personally couldn't give a rats arse about ladies football

general_lee

All change on the club scene with introduction of 6 Divisions comprising 8 teams on a home and away basis - top two senior, middle two intermediate, bottom two junior. Should make for a more competitive environment with less dead ringer matches. Club football needs a shot in the arm so maybe this will provide it

The Aristocrat

Why is  Kevin Dyas going to Kilmacud crokes?

work?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: The Aristocrat on January 07, 2016, 01:54:28 PM
Why is  Kevin Dyas going to Kilmacud crokes?

work?

Yeah,  he lives down there.

fan01

No he's living in Dublin well over a year now

Pocs pints and the gaa

Good luck to Aghagallon tomorrow, here's hoping they bring a title back to the county