Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy the kid

One possible solution and i admit its a little left field  ;) is to plant a load of drugs :o :o in their changing room and report it to the police getting them all lifted thus being unable to field therefore out of the championship!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

i know theres a few smaller issues to iron out but i think you will agree if this were the movies or even a cartoon it would be a cerified brainstormer. 8) 8) 8)

what do you think? :-\ :-\
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

goh4205

Quote from: Uladh on August 29, 2007, 11:47:01 AM

I've been waiting for a while now and not wanting to give him the clue to its obviousness, but there's still no sign of this goh4205 charachter on the louth football thread...

Uladh,  i suppose you want me to put my name & address up here so you can call round, get over yourself man.  On another note this is a free board and i can post on whatever thread i like, just because you went searching the louth thread and found nothing, there's places for nobs like you.

diesel-smuggler

cruppen 'c' team beat madden tonight in the all-county b league and have qualified for the all-county b league final against silverbridge!

pintsofguinness

qub la la la

great team performance from cruppen tonight, squeaky smith ran his socks off, even with that extra baggage he carrys. mark patton and john magill were brilliant at midfield and the forwards rattled up some great scores. great effort from all the lads. lets hope its not the only team in the club making a final in the next few weeks!!

armagh leg-end

Quote from: thebandit on August 29, 2007, 09:57:19 AM
Rico Kelly - Toome (Monaghan)

did rico not play for the ogs at one stage??
Ard Mhacha Abu

pintsofguinness

Quote from: bennydorano on August 29, 2007, 09:48:05 AM
How many have there been?
Hearty - Silverbridge?
G O'Neill - Killeavey
Donaldson - Cullyhanna
Murtagh - Cullyhanna
Colm O'Neill- Cullaville
Joey Cunningham - Forkhill :)

others??
Clarke is from Mullaghbawn.

I know his Da would be a cross man but did he ever play for Mullaghbawn, I only remember him playing for cross in the last few years.

BenDover

Quote from: armagh leg-end on August 29, 2007, 11:15:01 PM

Your are correct he played under age for the Ogs for a couple of years but then his family moved to Cross

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: BenDover on August 30, 2007, 08:56:04 AM
Quote from: armagh leg-end on August 29, 2007, 11:15:01 PM

Your are correct he played under age for the Ogs for a couple of years but then his family moved to Cross

The conspiracy theorists on here are bound to come up with a good reason for that ;)

stpauls

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 29, 2007, 11:18:52 PM

I know his Da would be a cross man but did he ever play for Mullaghbawn, I only remember him playing for cross in the last few years.

pints,

Stephen clarke originally played for mullaghbawn a few years ago when he first moved to the area, but obviuosly has moved back to cross since i moved away from home. played with him for mullaghbawn at both u-16 and minor, although that is about 10-11 years ago now!!

Sidelined

Are the Whitecross lads still on the drink? Duno if it is worth heading to Abbey Park tomorrow night for a one-sided game. Though not that much else to look at tomorrow night - dont even suggest Clady v Cross seconds.
See Whitecross have a wee singalong on youtube now ::)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: stpauls on August 30, 2007, 12:50:03 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 29, 2007, 11:18:52 PM

pints,

Stephen clarke originally played for mullaghbawn a few years ago when he first moved to the area, but obviuosly has moved back to cross since i moved away from home. played with him for mullaghbawn at both u-16 and minor, although that is about 10-11 years ago now!!

I was thinking that...

mousey

Quote from: qub la la la on August 29, 2007, 10:29:20 PM
great team performance from cruppen tonight, squeaky smith ran his socks off, even with that extra baggage he carrys. mark patton and john magill were brilliant at midfield and the forwards rattled up some great scores. great effort from all the lads. lets hope its not the only team in the club making a final in the next few weeks!!
a soperb second half display good solid defensive especially the corner back young flynn lets just hope we play like that in the final

crossfire

This is my first post
I decided to register on this site to counteract the anti Rangers sentiments being expressed by a couple of posters.
On the issue of "outside players", John Murtagh's dad is from Cross and played with Rangers until he got married to a Cullyhanna girl. He then went to live in Cullyhanna and transferred to them which seems reasonable enough to me.
He eventually built a bungalow on his parents land in Cross and moved back to Cross when John was about 14. John then transferred to the Rangers. If it was reasonable for his father to transfer to Cullyhanna when he went to live there surely it was reasonable for his son John to transfer to the Rangers when he came to live in Cross.!!

John Donaldson  was born and reared in Cross Parish ( Upper Creggan ) and still lives there. He went to Cross primary school. He never ever lived in Cullyhanna parish ( Lower Creggan ), so arguably he should have been a Cross player all along. However on his fathers wishes he played for Cullyhanna at all levels which I have no problem with.. He eventually fell out with the Cullyhanna club and went to play for Stabannon in Louth for 3 years. He signed for the Rangers in 1999 as it was more convenient for him. Again it seems a reasonable enough decision.

You would think to read the post from Pints of Guinness that Cross were the only team to include players in their team that started their careers elsewhere.

Mind you the Bridge have had their fair share of "outsiders" in their ranks down the years, including James Traynor ( Forkhill ), Jimmy Phillips Drumintee ), Martin Smyth ( Belleek ), Joe Crawley ( Mullabawn ), Gary Boyle ( Carrickcruppen ), Colm Murphy ( Crossmaglen ), Kieran Mallie ( Drumintee ), ( Brendan Mallie ( Drumintee ), Mickey Martin ( Drumintee ), Vincent Martin ( Drumintee ) and Shane Lyons ( Forkhill ), I'm sure other posters could add to this list.

I am not criticising the Bridge for playing the aforementioned, they would be very silly not to as they would probably have ended up playing against them, but pints ever heard of "people in glass houses" ??