How many have there been?
Hearty - Silverbridge?
G O'Neill - Killeavey
Donaldson - Cullyhanna
Murtagh - Cullyhanna
Colm O'Neill- Cullaville
Joey Cunningham - Forkhill :)

others??

Its time all this stopped, hearty was brought up in lismore park in crossmaglen, Donaldson's actually lives on Donaldson's road beside creggan (who says creggan has to be the bridge, its choice), John M is cullyhanna, colm o neill also lived between cullaville and cross, again choice, Gary MC Shane lived in cross at the top of carron rd, Most player's who moved to cross was due to choice, just cus they live somewhere else now doesn't mean they should play for them

bennydorano

Quote from: dontcare on August 29, 2007, 10:43:08 AM
just cus they live somewhere else now doesn't mean they should play for them

That's pretty much the basis for the structure of the game.

thebandit

If John Murtagh did play underage for Cullyhanna then that was out of order - he lives in Cross!

Uladh

I've been waiting for a while now and not wanting to give him the clue to its obviousness, but there's still no sign of this goh4205 charachter on the louth football thread...

Uladh

If he lives in cross now its only happened very recently...

armaghniac

QuoteThat's pretty much the basis for the structure of the game.

What are we saying here, that a player should always play for the place he was born in even if he moves, or that if he moves that he should play with his new place.

For example Gareth O'Neill clearly lives in Cross' and not Killeavey, and he moved to Cross after a while outside the county. If it is OK for Mark Standfield to marry in Killeavey and play there then O'Neill could play for Cross, this is very much a normal part of the GAA, and not worthy of comment.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bennydorano

Quote from: armaghniac on August 29, 2007, 12:22:05 PM
QuoteThat's pretty much the basis for the structure of the game.

What are we saying here, that a player should always play for the place he was born in even if he moves, or that if he moves that he should play with his new place.

For example Gareth O'Neill clearly lives in Cross' and not Killeavey, and he moved to Cross after a while outside the county. If it is OK for Mark Standfield to marry in Killeavey and play there then O'Neill could play for Cross, this is very much a normal part of the GAA, and not worthy of comment.

Certainly not, I've no problem with genuine transfers~(and the only official reason for one is moving parish AFAIK), it's the spurious,dubious, manufactured transfers that tend to irk people.

Scarface

Good God - the threads just keep getting more and more boring...this guy lives on Crossmaglen row so he should be playing for Cross, John McEntee lives at McEntee's bridge so he should be playing for Cross blah blah blah - does anyone give a f**k!!! I thought women were bad until i read some of the crap on this board - bitching and bitching all day long and it is always the same people!!! Get a life - Cross are not this unbeatable lot that they are made out to be, it is just that every other club in Armagh seem to be feeling sorry for themselves or in the doldrums. Cross get beat often enough when they step outside the county. Great team but to win all those titles in a row is a pure embarrassment for the rest of Armagh - it hardly matters where there players come from - some of the other teams should have taken their crown by now.

winsamsoon

Corn you just get better by the day, maybe you are causing the crashes. A dedicated club you say? Well fair play till you and Dromintee But i can assure you that my club are every bit as dedicated as yours. Maybe i am speaking out of turn here but i would say Silverbridge, Harps, Ogs and Cross are every bit as dedicated to. Where you got this dedicated issue i do not know. But whatever floats your boat. Anther thing just because two people have conflicting views to you doesn't mean they are the same person, loose the conspiracy theories.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: dontcare on August 29, 2007, 10:34:00 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 27, 2007, 04:23:35 PM
Quoteok then,  were do they steal players from???  and why would they have to do this whenever they have possibly the best structure of any club in armagh
They steal players from their neighbouring clubs, john donaldson, john murtagh are not from Cross and have recently started targeting children in silverbridge.  Why do they do it, I've no idea.

POG, I know this topic is probably over now, but i have just logged on today as i was away and you are so out of order in what you are saying, John D and John M both came to cross after having a blow up with their own club ST Pats , cross did not STEAL THEM, it was their choice, and look at what they have now, as for children in silverbridge, i think your wrong, cross have enough of a panel at underage and so do the bridge, you just have to look at both clubs on a sunday morning from under 6 up.

As Benny has pointed no one minds the odd transfer but when a club has had dozens of players over the years that aren't from the area and ends up with every player that has had a falling out with their club questions have to be asked. What happened Donaldson and Murtagh in Cullyhanna?

And no, I'm not wrong about children in silverbridge. 

As far as I'm concerned the only reason anyone should be moving clubs is if they move to an area where travelling home to their own club for training etc would be to much to ask.  I'd say Gareth O'neill could make it from Cross to Killeavy.  Where is Mark Stanfield from in Louth?  The same could be said about him.  Of course it's the players own choice but it's funny how they all end up in cross.  Maybe it's all glory hunting?

Benny
QuoteHearty - Silverbridge?
Hearty's family home is in creggan.  You would think that the 'bridge would the local club for creggan but  no, it's probably about 90% Cross.  (if not more). 

A lot of people outside the area don't realise the size of the Cross pick, its stretches far beyond the town. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

billy the kid

Apart from stealing players, intimidating referees/linesmen/umpires/officials/county board members, favourtism from the county board and playing finals at their own pitch can anyone offer any other reason why Cross are so far in front of everyone else in Armagh?  the reasons i have listed mostly have some truth as their basis but they do tend to sound alot like whinging!!! also they dont include the main and real reason Cross are going for 12 in a row---------------- the rest of the county are just woeful watch any senior div1 game not involving cross and it could easily be mistaken for a reserve game so low is the quality and dont even get me started on that rubbish that goes on in div 2, 3, 4.  No wonder we have problems coming thru at county level now half the club players cant kick pass the ball more than 20 yds.  Clubs need to look at themselves for answers not pass the buck.  efforts and resources have to be put into players at an early age and backed up throughout underage to bring young talent through to senior!!!

Any predictions for semis.

Cross to beat the Cruppen by 3 points

Maghery to beat Ogs by 2 points
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

pintsofguinness

No body is saying that things like stealing players are the reason Cross is out in front of everyone else.

Cross is out in front because
1.  They, like other clubs in south armagh, have no problems keeping players playing football because there is nothing else to do. 
2.  They have a massive pick, twice and three times the size of other south armagh clubs and while clubs like harps, ogs, clanns etc would have a similar pick they have problems with drink and other sports and keeping players playing.  So cross have the best of both worlds.
3.  Success will lead to more success.

As for clubs needing to put their efforts into the youth, do you not think that's already being done?

billy the kid

results dear pints where are the results?  12 years is a long time!!!

Any thoughts on the semis??

Can any of the other three beat cross?

surely they are bound to have one big game in there somewhere between the 3 of them.

Its just so bad a team dominating to such an extent for such a period of time
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

pintsofguinness

I can guarantee you that other clubs in armagh are putting in as much effort to the underage set up as cross are.
Where are the results?  Ive told you the problems.

It is a very bad thing to have a club dominate but what do you suggest?

I can't see cross being beat. 

what club are you from yourself?

twotwocharlie

cross have some great players + some good managers.