Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AFS on September 24, 2014, 10:34:48 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on September 23, 2014, 12:35:05 PM
Is there a proposed date for the senior county final in Armagh?  Just interested.  Cant find it on the county website

19th October

We have to check to see if that suits us first,  we might have something on that weekend :P

DuffleKing

Don't forget to check if Jamie has a holiday booked!

orangeman

This might be a case of a story growing legs but this is funny if true.

Allegedly this happened at the Cross Dromintee "match" :

A fella took a call who was marking Aaron Kernan. I could hear his phone ringing and he answered it.

The phone conversation was "yes is that two pallets? I should be able to get that to you tomorrow. I'm just at a match here".

armaghniac

Well Oisin recounted that story on RTÉ, so you can play it back on the website if you wish.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

So the senior, intermediate and junior teams are all out of Ulster. Is that the quickest ever?

Are we really that poor?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Orior on November 16, 2014, 08:39:49 PM
So the senior, intermediate and junior teams are all out of Ulster. Is that the quickest ever?

Are we really that poor?

Omagh beat us because a lot of things went in their favour on the day.  9 games out of 10 we would have beaten them and be sitting in an Ulster final.  Generally we do not do overly well in the junior and intermediate,  I think we only have had 4 teams in the intermediate finals since both competitions started and no winners and only 2 in the junior final with 1 winner,  An Port Mor.  Tyrone and Monaghan have dominated both tournaments with Derry doing well also. Fermanagh have the same amount of titles at both levels as Armagh!!!

Goals_Will_Come

Armagh football is dead at this stage.

illdecide

This Armagh thread used to be really good craic but has deteriorated something shocking...time to get her going again...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

general_lee

What happened Pearse Og? Destroyed by Maghery last night, home game and everything.

Ulick

GAA star Ronan Clarke is seriously injured in club match

Former Armagh GAA star Ronan Clarke is in intensive care after being injured in a club match on Friday night.

The 32-year-old is understood to have sustained a head injury after colliding with a goalpost while playing for Pearse Og against Maghery.

Clarke is being treated at Craigavon Hospital and on Saturday his condition was reported to be serious but stable.

The forward was a member of the Armagh side which won the All-Ireland Football Championship in 2002.

He was honoured in the GAA's end-of-season All-Star awards on two occasions.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/gaelic-games/33947769

Applesisapples

Quote from: Ulick on August 15, 2015, 04:27:49 PM
GAA star Ronan Clarke is seriously injured in club match

Former Armagh GAA star Ronan Clarke is in intensive care after being injured in a club match on Friday night.

The 32-year-old is understood to have sustained a head injury after colliding with a goalpost while playing for Pearse Og against Maghery.

Clarke is being treated at Craigavon Hospital and on Saturday his condition was reported to be serious but stable.

The forward was a member of the Armagh side which won the All-Ireland Football Championship in 2002.

He was honoured in the GAA's end-of-season All-Star awards on two occasions.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/gaelic-games/33947769
Just heard this, I hope he recovers fully and quickly.

Ulick

Gaelic Life and the Og's Facebook saying he has made "significant improvement" tonight in Craigavon hospital. Sounds positive thank God.

Soup an Samajiz

saw the incident, took a bad blow, surprised he stayed on the field though, was at least another 5-10minutes played I think, looked unsteady on his feet when he was first helped up again, the match was long over as a contest, couldn't understand him staying on the field.

Pearse Ogs were surprisingly (to me anyway) very poor, Maghery team far superior all over the field
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

laceer

Maghery seem to have been knocking on the door in Armagh for a few years now - put up or shut up time at this stage you'd imagine. Would they have many coming through from youth teams?

Wonder what was the story with Barney Gormley getting the road so early in the year? Have they someone in to replace him?

general_lee

Quote from: laceer on August 18, 2015, 12:20:51 PM
Maghery seem to have been knocking on the door in Armagh for a few years now - put up or shut up time at this stage you'd imagine. Would they have many coming through from youth teams?

Wonder what was the story with Barney Gormley getting the road so early in the year? Have they someone in to replace him?
Couldnt make my mind up whether Ogs were really that piss poor or were Maghery just really good. I'd have them and Cullyhanna/Harps as the three teams to put it to Cross. Whether any of them actually have the balls to go on and do it remains to be seen. As for Maghery they wouldn't be overly strong at underage usually division 2/3 at minor anyway. Just have a really strong core at senior level and are able to add to it every few years or so with the odd gem. Think gormley got chased, fell out with too many players I'm told. Few clubmen over them now by looks of things.