Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

John Murtagh lives on the Blayney road out of Cross, right beside the border. He lives in Tullyard, which traditionally was considered part of Toome (I think it was in Monaghan before the border was redrawn) but I dont think too many will argue that he is not correct and right to play for Cross

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 28, 2007, 09:28:41 AM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on August 28, 2007, 08:08:53 AM
Is there many Cross men defecting to other neighbouring clubs to search for regular football?
Did ballyhegan not poach a few players from the same family a while back?  ;)

If a player/family falls out with a club, sure it's up to them if they want to continue playing football elsewhere!

We've taken in Tiffney's & McCormacks in the past & why not? (We'd only 15 players lined out at the weekend!!!!!!)

Ogs not looking JP anymore?  :P

Uladh

Quote from: thebandit on August 28, 2007, 11:25:54 AM
John Murtagh lives on the Blayney road out of Cross, right beside the border. He lives in Tullyard, which traditionally was considered part of Toome (I think it was in Monaghan before the border was redrawn) but I dont think too many will argue that he is not correct and right to play for Cross

He's a born and bred cullyhanna man.

thebandit

Are you maybe thinking of John Donaldson?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on August 28, 2007, 11:28:12 AM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 28, 2007, 09:28:41 AM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on August 28, 2007, 08:08:53 AM
Is there many Cross men defecting to other neighbouring clubs to search for regular football?
Did ballyhegan not poach a few players from the same family a while back?  ;)

If a player/family falls out with a club, sure it's up to them if they want to continue playing football elsewhere!

We've taken in Tiffney's & McCormacks in the past & why not? (We'd only 15 players lined out at the weekend!!!!!!)

Ogs not looking JP anymore?  :P

that was my point exactly, that players fall out with teams all the time.  I couldn't help getting a wee dig at you though.  It happens all around.

Spiritof98

Quote from: BenDover on August 28, 2007, 09:38:37 AM
Further signs of imcompetence from the County Board Or is it a conspiracy theory against the city teams: both the Ogs vs Maghery and the Cuchulainns vs Middletown fixed for the same evening.

Who is in charge of orgainising these fixtures

Have the fixtures been offically released, if so it is an absolute disgrace and a kick in the teeth for any aspiring dual players.

Any times or venues
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Uladh

Quote from: thebandit on August 28, 2007, 11:34:57 AM

No, though Donaldson is also a cullyhanna man obviously.

BenDover

Quote from: Spiritof98 on August 28, 2007, 11:40:41 AM
Further signs of imcompetence from the County Board Or is it a conspiracy theory against the city teams: both the Ogs vs Maghery and the Cuchulainns vs Middletown fixed for the same evening.

Have the fixtures been offically released, if so it is an absolute disgrace and a kick in the teeth for any aspiring dual players.

Any times or venues

Well the Ogs boys are fairly certain that their match is down for Sat 8th 5.30 in Davitt Park, and I'm just goin with what we've been told all along with regards the hurling

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: BenDover on August 28, 2007, 12:22:55 PM
Quote from: Spiritof98 on August 28, 2007, 11:40:41 AM

Any times or venues

Well the Ogs boys are fairly certain that their match is down for Sat 8th 5.30 in Davitt Park, and I'm just goin with what we've been told all along with regards the hurling

That's the Details I've been given anyway

diesel-smuggler

naka at the minute we are at home to granemore on sunday and our secretary is in the phone sounding out other clubs that we are behind in fixtures with about a game on friday night too!
oh and its actually 7 games we are behind now! haha

thebandit

Quote from: Uladh on August 28, 2007, 11:57:32 AM
Quote from: thebandit on August 28, 2007, 11:34:57 AM

No, though Donaldson is also a cullyhanna man obviously.

How is Murtagh a Cullyhanna man?

No dispute about JD!

mackers

Bandit, John Murtagh actually played underage football with Cullyhanna until u-14 I think.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

bennydorano

How many have there been?
Hearty - Silverbridge?
G O'Neill - Killeavey
Donaldson - Cullyhanna
Murtagh - Cullyhanna
Colm O'Neill- Cullaville
Joey Cunningham - Forkhill :)

others??

thebandit

Gary McShane - Culloville
Micheal Traynor - Culloville
Rico Kelly - Toome (Monaghan)

dontcare

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 27, 2007, 04:23:35 PM
Quoteok then,  were do they steal players from???  and why would they have to do this whenever they have possibly the best structure of any club in armagh
They steal players from their neighbouring clubs, john donaldson, john murtagh are not from Cross and have recently started targeting children in silverbridge.  Why do they do it, I've no idea.

POG, I know this topic is probably over now, but i have just logged on today as i was away and you are so out of order in what you are saying, John D and John M both came to cross after having a blow up with their own club ST Pats , cross did not STEAL THEM, it was their choice, and look at what they have now, as for children in silverbridge, i think your wrong, cross have enough of a panel at underage and so do the bridge, you just have to look at both clubs on a sunday morning from under 6 up.