Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Thank you Benny, some people on here tyhought Martin O Rourke was not excellent on Sunday, those who say that do not know football.

GOH I am not going to answer you because I try to avoid WUMs.

On Sunday both defences were superb in different halfs. The replay will be interesting as both teams will feel they underperformed in certain areas.

winsamsoon

Once again Uladh you have highlighted the fact that you cannot have a debate without trying to make personal insults towards other posters. Well done for reading each post so thoroughly though as to pick out such a huge mistake. Oh and i won't get into the bad doings we have had at the hands of wee jimmy and his wee brother in law. El Cue, i am not a Cross man but  will call a spade a spade. I know Cross have had their fair share of decisions from referees but we are not talking about Cross this time The original post stated that the ref gave all 50/50 decisions to Dromintee, plus a soft free at the end. I merely pointed out that it wasn't the first time we jimmy was leniant to Dromintee. I have nothing against Dromintee or Cross so thereroe i have no hidden agenda or malice clouding my vision. By the way Uladh i am away to get a dictionary, perhaps you could send me one???
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

corn02

So verbal attacks on fellowe posters is not ok but verbal attacks on players are alright, is that the way it works winsamsoon?

It has been a few years since we beat you in that semi get over it man, quit hanging onto phantom excuses.

winsamsoon

The way i see it corn people are entitled to their opinion on anything. If O' rourke for example is mouthing at referees then he is doing it so i am entitled to state this. I would hardly call that a personal attack if it is clearly visible on the field. You may be a dromintee supporter but you can still notice this. As i can admit that we have a few mouths playing or us. Also i assume you are refering to the penalty incident a few years back when you mention phantom. It was that clear cut an incident you don't even know who was supposed to have given the penalty away. Sure i will tell you it was Dwyer Mc Alinden supposedly.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

goh4205

Your a champ uladh, you probably never kicked a ball in your life, well at a competitive level anyway.  I would feel abit left out, but I'm not the only poster to notice wee jimmy's faults (which were plenty). if I was from cross I'd say it & be proud of it.

As for corn02 i wouldn't expect anything else from you, since your from Dromintee, but can you confirm that AOR told wee  jimmy to go f**k himself during the match, and when he called him back he said it again & followed it with (Don't annoy my f**k'in head) if that would have been anybody else from any other team it would have been a straight red, but it proves my point from an earlier post that wee Jimmy did have another motive, and was clear for all to see.

plain man

Am I reading this wrong - or has John Campbell jumped the gun a bit here

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/article2878947.ece

Pearse Ogs to Meet Cross' ???? ::)

umgolaarmagh

Id say he has inside information or that its a ploy by a relative  ;D

Furthermore what reasons did the county board give for not making the draw after the Cross v Dromintee match as was stated last night

It just makes the County board look more incompetent than it already is!!!

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: plain man on August 22, 2007, 02:56:17 AM
Am I reading this wrong - or has John Campbell jumped the gun a bit here

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/article2878947.ece

Pearse Ogs to Meet Cross' ???? ::)

Jumped the gun a bit surely.  Saw this yesterday and was a bit shocked.  Is the draw not supposed to be on sunday After the replays?  No luck to dromintee, apparently you don't have to turn up on saturday

pintsofguinness

I don't think the writer of the article would write the headlines?
If he does it's very odd, no matter who his relations are.

On side note, how does campbell get away with writing such local stuff in the  Belfast Telegraph? 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Goats Do Shave

He's in the hall of fame now....can do as he pleases!!  :P

Spiritof98

The Nicky Rackard Cup was always the priority for the Hurlers and Hurling board of Armagh this year, thats why the semi finals of the Senior Championship had been fixed for the 8th of September. The non-county playing members of Cuchulainns and Middletown have been training from the start of the season for this fixture. Its shows the total disrespect to Hurling still exists in this county that the county board has now earmarked the football semi finals for this date, esp now that the Pearse Ogs are involved leaving several players involved in the two fixtures. The Hulers have been told to sort it out by moving forward or back a week or even Sunday the 9th which is a nuisance due to Holidays weddings etc. I know this might not seem a huge problem to many of this board but I just thought it needed highlighted after all the back slapping the county board has received this year over their promotion of Hurling this year. Anyone think this could easily have been avoided given Armaghs interest in the football c'ship has ended for some time now.

Rant over........

Any thoughts
I'll go back if Marsdens back

umgolaarmagh

Spirit,

Typical county board!

Just as bad as the county board over here in London, some of there actions, decisions and shannigans over here this summer have been ridiculous

Uladh

GOH - what is you're point again?

Quote from: goh4205 on August 21, 2007, 10:43:55 PM
As for corn02 i wouldn't expect anything else from you, since your from Dromintee, but can you confirm that AOR told wee  jimmy to go f**k himself during the match, and when he called him back he said it again & followed it with (Don't annoy my f**k'in head) if that would have been anybody else from any other team it would have been a straight red, but it proves my point from an earlier post that wee Jimmy did have another motive, and was clear for all to see.

And you say you're not fom cross...

:o

there are so many inaccuracies in that John campbell article. cross aren't through. ogs are not now "through to the quarter fnals". no draw for the semis yet (so far as the ordinary punter knows anyway).

Uladh

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 21, 2007, 10:19:25 PM
The way i see it corn people are entitled to their opinion on anything. If O' rourke for example is mouthing at referees then he is doing it so i am entitled to state this. I would hardly call that a personal attack if it is clearly visible on the field. You may be a dromintee supporter but you can still notice this. As i can admit that we have a few mouths playing or us. Also i assume you are refering to the penalty incident a few years back when you mention phantom. It was that clear cut an incident you don't even know who was supposed to have given the penalty away. Sure i will tell you it was Dwyer Mc Alinden supposedly.

Jesus can you not let it go man. there is therapy for this sort of mania. sure who outside of clans is going to know your individual players anyway?

marty o'rourke certainly falls into the paul galvin category of antagonistic feckers. part of the game. for those who can't handle it they should take up knitting. the bias is evident when someone who was at this game singles out one prominent player for this while not mentioning the biggest culprit, hearty, who just happens to be on the other team.

neither of you two internet warriors have made a coherent argument to convince anyone that the refs in armagh are out to get cross (or to help dromintee).

full back

MOR is a WUM, no doubt about it. But that is the type of player he is, if you cant accept it-feck off. He unsettled Cross on Sunday & both JD & Hearty exchanged pleasantries with MOR at various stages of the game. Will he have as big an influence on the game on Sunday? I doubt it IMHO.

On the subject of the referee, without going into who is out to get who, I honestly feel he gave the majority of 50/50's to Dromintee. I have no idea if he went out with a vendetta against Cross (doubt it). The free at the end was a cop-out decision IMHO.

goh4205-you say AOR told the ref to fcuk off, would love to know how you heard this ???
If he did say it, he is just the latest in a long line of county/ex-county players who get off with this type of thing during the course of games. No point in bringing this up to add 'weight' to your argument