Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quotep.s. the bridge is an awful pitch. massive hill and very very narrow.
::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

diesel-smuggler

cross v dromintee replay on next saturday night in silverbridge at 6pm
cruppen v tir na nog replay on next sunday at 2 in abbey park - the draw for the semi-final will take place in abbey park after the game.

all in all there wasnt much in either game of the quarter finals over the weekend, cruppen played terrible and had been over reliant on minor player stephen loughran who came on as a sub in the second half to get the scores, pitch wasn't too bad but i do feel that a bigger pitch would have suited cruppen better than abbey park!

dromintee and cross reminded me of fermanagh and tyrone in the ulster championship this year, certainly got the feeling mid-way thru the second half that dromintee could have won it, dyas and o'neill had been excellent for dromintee, was waiting on cathal o'rourke to come on and hit that 45 that aidan dropped short. entertaining and hard hitting game off football all the same, unfortunately cant see anything other than a cross victory the next day! i hope i am wrong

fan01

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 19, 2007, 07:13:01 PM
Big crowd out at Silverbridge to watch Dromintee get their annual beating by Cross.
funny enough they did not get there annual beating, to come back from 8-1 at half time they are just as good as cross, so if i was you i wouldnt be writing off dromintee just yet. we`ll just have to wait and see what happens next week.

qub la la la

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 19, 2007, 08:20:31 PM

was stanfield playing?

cruppen will be delighted with a draw. 

:D :D :D i think cruppen have a bit more ambition than that pog!!

and yes stanfield was playing, and should have got his marching orders....again! think everyone in the county knows about the previous "two yellows" he got

maghery deserved the win with lavery the only county player on show that produced a good performance at abbey park. mcdonnell missed what seemed an easy free with 2 in it, and killeavy got another just after it which would have drawn the game. the extra man didnt do maghery any favours as killeavy came back from 5 points down to 10 each before maghery got the winning 2 scores. presume the killeavy lad got a second yellow for mouthing at the ref which seemed to be a common feature with the ball being moved up time and time again. when will people learn???

must say the lad coming on to kick a free (from which he scored an excellent point) raised a few eyebrows in the stand. next we'll be playing in superbowls!  :D :D :D

Cruppen missed chances to tag on a few scores near the end that would have sealed victory. that said the porty equaliser came from a quick kick out by a defender, even though the keeper was setting a ball up on his tee at the other side of the goal. ref said he just "let it go"??? Then awarded a free to porty in the last minute which was taken quickly and intercepted by a cruppen defender, only for the ref to bring the ball back for the free to be retaken. justice was served when the ball went wide.

pintsofguinness

Quotei think cruppen have a bit more ambition than that pog!!
that's nice but I was being sarcastic as yous have a problem with fixtures piling up.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

anportmorforjfc

anportmor beat ballyhegan 0-7  -  0-5

anybody have the lasest tables

goh4205

Was at the Cross - Dromintee game and as a neutral I thought Jimmy McKee was a disgrace.  Marty O'Rourke should have got a straight red for his strike on the young corner back in the first half, but instead he give's marty's marker a yellow.

He also blew a cross half forward up i think for catching a clean kickout and then at the end he gives a fifty which never was & to top that of he  give Marty O'Rourke a free, when he should have blown for over carrying.

I hate picking out individuals, but Marty O'Rourke must be the biggest mouth in the country.  He was constinently at his marker trying to get him sent off and the dives he was getting away with was a joke.
If this is the best Ref in Armagh, he needs to look at himself in the mirror , it looked very clear to me that he was doing everything for Dromintee to snatch it.
If teams need the ref as well to beat cross then the standard outside cross must be pretty poor to say the least.

countygeal

was at the cruppen tir na og game 2 day! 2poor teams dont think they will make much of an impact in the later stage of the championship! only no18 came on for cruppen they were dead and buried! he was doing wat the other player were afraid 2do run at defenders and take a score and in totally i think he was top scorer and was only on 20 mins! over heard some 1 say he is a loughran! is that 1 of the late peters sons?

the stanfeild sending off beggs 2ask questions but hes a county player of course hes going 2 get off wit it he didnt do that much 4them anyway in my opion! the game could have went either way maghery took there chances and thats that! do they meet the winners of cruppen/tirnaog next round?

also i hear there is talk of dyas leaving 4austraila?

corn02

Hha Goh you certainly are on the wind up. Would the same apply to Hearty in nets seeing as he was yapping the whole match too?

Would the Cross number 7 not consider himself very lucky to be on the field? I did not see any Cross men complain about that 45.

Hard game, ref done well. Decisions evened themselves out.

goh4205

Your right corn, I did see hearty exchanging a few verbs with Marty alright, but i  think his antics don't do him any favors at all.  He's a very good player, but a f**k'in yap most of the time on the pitch and this lets him down to be honest.  In saying that they don't really have much up front without him.  I was standing prety close to his strike in the first half, which to be fair was probably on the blnd side of the ref, he does this then acts the complete w**ker diving around like a clown.

If i were referee'in and he starting acting like that I'd show him a straight red, which is going to happen sooner or later, he could be a passanger in hind sight.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on August 19, 2007, 10:18:22 PM
was waiting on cathal o'rourke to come on and hit that 45 that aidan dropped short.

Was it not the sub keeper who came on and hit the 45?

Wrong decision I thought, as it was the first time he had swung his leg all day, definitely too much to ask.  At least he didn't put it dead.

Uladh

I think you're right SJ, it was the sub keeper. surely if you were going to take a man on to hit that free it was cathal o'rourke?

McKee did a good job all day i thought. a few dubious decisions each way here and there but very good overall performance. It's difficult to explain that to the kiddies (especially the ones who've gotten their daddies to go to the trouble to set up a username for them). McKeown was a lucky boy to stay on the field as i counted 5 personal fouls in the first 15 minutes and aidan o'rourke could have walked for a high challenge on mckenna but swings and roundabouts.

Armagh don't have many refs of McKee's calibre and especially very few who can withstand the cross "influence", so its a pity he can't do the replay.

Interesting after the game yesterday that the replay was immediately announced for next sunday then later the teams were informed it would be in 2 weeks time. The fact that john murtagh isn't eligible to play until the second week after his american stint wouldn't have influenced the change in heart?

Smokin Joe

I'm sure we'll all agree that last night's game showed that JK was again right in his failure to start Kevin Dyas in the championship this year, I mean there's absolutely no football in the lad  ::)

I was a disappointed in McKenna, who has previously been talked up as a possible midfield starter for the county - he seemed to mistime every leap.

Was the Cross Number 13 Tony Kernan?

Uladh

13 was tony kernan. he had a quiet game yesterday but generally i've thought him a good footballer. Dyas had a great second half and along with his 2 (?) midfield partners (o'neill and o'rourke) and martin o'rourke, dragged dromintee back into the game. big o'neill gave an exhibition of fielding in the last fifteen and McKenna just wasn't able for him.

nabman

Quote from: Smokin Joe on August 20, 2007, 08:38:34 AM
I'm sure we'll all agree that last night's game showed that JK was again right in his failure to start Kevin Dyas in the championship this year, I mean there's absolutely no football in the lad  ::)

I was a disappointed in McKenna, who has previously been talked up as a possible midfield starter for the county - he seemed to mistime every leap.

Was the Cross Number 13 Tony Kernan?

no football in the lad!! wat u on about -  the boy has undoubted quality.

played the ogs saturday nite and we cud have beat them, but they managed to hold on. though dessie blew it up very sharp but overall he had a good game. good luck to the ogs in the next round.