Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

full back

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

diesel-smuggler

i certainly wouldnt blame the lads for the holidays! the championship was scheduled for 3 weeks ago and the fixtures committee just decided to change it til this weekend without consulting any clubs in the matter! the lads knew when the championship dates had been previously booked for and thought they had booked their holidays around these dates!

the lads missing are micheal kane (broken collarbone), stephen harold (glandular fever), gerard morgan and tony bennett are away on holidays!

diesel-smuggler

are the rumours true that dromintee have serious injury problems ahead of the game with cross or are they just preparing themselves for defeat?

Uladh

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on August 17, 2007, 03:07:39 PM
i certainly wouldnt blame the lads for the holidays! the championship was scheduled for 3 weeks ago and the fixtures committee just decided to change it til this weekend without consulting any clubs in the matter! the lads knew when the championship dates had been previously booked for and thought they had booked their holidays around these dates!

and the semis were scheduled for this weekend...

anyway, the only realistic excuse would be not having played football in armagh ever.

there are rumours of a lot of injuries in both cross and dromintee but sure thats par for the course for a championship match. looking forward to that game because if nothing else, each of these ties in the last 5 years have been great games of football.

diesel-smuggler

pj i think you will find that the quarter finals had been fixed for 20th, 21st, 22nd july,

the semi finals for 8th ad 9th september

and the final for 30th september

so i dont know where your getting the semi finals had been scheduled for this weekend!

diesel-smuggler

the draw for the semi-finals will be made on the pitch after the final whistle of the crossmaglen v dromintee game!

Uladh

Humble apologies george.

the point is the same... how can anyone who has played football in this county in recent years think for one second that the schedules published at the start of the year will remain? surely the club will reimburse them for staying at home?

full back

Why would anyone book holidays when they know there is a chance there might be games played.
Even if there was no championship fixed, there would have been league games.
All clubs were told at the start of the year when the free periods were

diesel-smuggler

we all haven't the money dromintee has!!!

full back - at the end of the day the gaa is an amateur organisation and players cannot be held ransome from clubs or county boards as to when they can book the holidays!

the dates set at the start of the year are fine and well but not everyone can take annual leave at that time! im sure we are not the only club at a loss because of players on holidays this weekend! championship or not we still would have been without them this weekend and also next weekend we have other players going on holiday so if it is a draw on sunday we will have another problem to deal with for the replay!

with armagh being beaten at an early stage in the championship and qualifiers the county board should have pressed ahead with the championship on the dates scheduled, as a result of this league fixtures have also been affected! we already have a headache with being behind so many games in the league as a result of which only one game was put off by cruppen due to a death within the club

illdecide

Pints your club is getting another big championship game thats 2 in 2 years "the sign of things to come" thats the only game i will see this weekend. Pints maybe you'll set me up a few Pints on Sunday??? ;) ;)

Feck me, trying to work on a friday afternoon when you have a ween of pints in ya is mustard :'( :'(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Fair enough ds
I suppose it depends how serious you take your football

brokencrossbar1

I don't think I am doing them a disservice at all Uladh by saying they are a sticky team who are hard to beat.  If Lavery can control midfield I think they will beat Killeavey.  However, if McDonnell can get on the ball often enough he could beat them on his own.

diesel-smuggler i think your on to a wrong one there if you think uladh goes by those initials.

diesel-smuggler

full back i have to seriously disagree with you with regards to your last comment!

any player who commits themselves to 2 or 3 training sessions a week from january and turns up every sunday for 5 or 6 months to me takes their football very serious, just because they decide to take a holiday during the season all of a sudden questions their committment to the club - you seriously are taking thru your arse!