Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghalfback

Quote from: Zip Code on June 26, 2014, 07:51:44 AM
You would probably do well to say nothing then instead of alluding to my post as untrue, but offering nothing to back it up.

Sounds like a big pile of nahin that has happened in Tyrone a pile a times and gaa just let it slide by especially with the two clubs involved being big clubs. Happened in a u16 match a few years ago in Omagh, a Cookstown lad claimed he was assaulted at halftime by an opposing team mentor going down the tunnel. Gaa did nothing about it so don't be surprised if same happens here.
On another note what's the feelings in Armagh about this weekends semi final? Confident?

Zip Code

It is one of these things that really rile me about the GAA, instead of dealing with it they try to wash it under the carpet, especially when big clubs are involved.  At under age level they encourage everyone to teach respect and yet they haven't the balls to stand up for the very kids that don't get respect.

Zip Code

Quote from: Zip Code on June 16, 2014, 11:04:01 AM
All very quiet about the Ogs v Cross U16 match  - surely there are going be real repercussions arising out of this.  Some shocking incidents.

Abandoned match replaying tonight in the Athletic grounds - the GAA obviously washed this under the carpet as usual - pathetic really, sends out some message.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Zip Code on August 19, 2014, 06:00:40 PM
All very quiet about the Ogs v Cross U16 match  - surely there are going be real repercussions arising out of this.  Some shocking incidents.

Abandoned match replaying tonight in the Athletic grounds - the GAA obviously washed this under the carpet as usual - pathetic really, sends out some message.

Did you make it to the game tonight?

BenDover

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 19, 2014, 11:23:24 PM

I was there and wish I'd brought my ear plugs Jim McC never quit the whole game. Cross far stronger on the ball and took their scores well, too many simple mistakes from the Ogs.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: BenDover on August 20, 2014, 10:59:56 AM

I was there and wish I'd brought my ear plugs Jim McC never quit the whole game. Cross far stronger on the ball and took their scores well, too many simple mistakes from the Ogs.

I'd say it was all encouragement too!!!!  He can be very hard on his own fella as well but it seems to be working alright. 

I would agree though we were stronger on the ball but more than anything I felt we had a better balanced team.  Ogs have 3-4 excellent players who would be the strongest players on most teams in the county but they seem to try to do everything themselves.  Our boys played very well as a unit with the 'weaker' players contributing consistently.  I felt the Ogs stronger players don't have the confidence in their 'weaker' team mates.

BenDover

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 20, 2014, 11:08:52 AM
Quote from: BenDover on August 20, 2014, 10:59:56 AM

I'd say it was all encouragement too!!!!  He can be very hard on his own fella as well but it seems to be working alright. 

I would agree though we were stronger on the ball but more than anything I felt we had a better balanced team.  Ogs have 3-4 excellent players who would be the strongest players on most teams in the county but they seem to try to do everything themselves.  Our boys played very well as a unit with the 'weaker' players contributing consistently.  I felt the Ogs stronger players don't have the confidence in their 'weaker' team mates.

Don't think anyone who seen the game could argue with that, and after seeing boys go on mazy solo runs to end up easily turning the ball over instead of laying it off to boys in a better position, or kicking it hopelessly wide must be frustrating for the 'stronger' players

laceer

Are Armagh TV showing any games this year?

laceer

bigtogs

will tune in just to watch ollie hearty referee... he is lethal.... Cross will hardly be stopped!!

orangeman

Ráiteas ar Son Bhord Condae Ard Mhacha
Ba mhaith le Bord Condae Ard Mhacha leithscéal a ghabháil le gach duine a thaisteal go Páirc Lúthchleas Ard Mhacha don chluiche ceathrú ceannais den Chraobh Shinsear idir Dromainn Tí agus Raonaithe na Croise.
Chuir Club Dhromainn Tí in iúl do Bhord an Chondae nach mbeadh an club ábalta ach foireann i bhfad ní ba laige a chur chun na páirce siocair nach raibh imreoirí ón phainéal sinsearach s'acu ar fáil.
Statement on behalf of Armagh County Board of The GAA
Armagh County Board would like to apologise to patrons who travelled to the Armagh Athletic Grounds for the scheduled Senior Championship Quarter Final fixture between Dromintee club and Crossmaglen Rangers.
The Dromintee Club informed the County Board at approximately 7 p.m. on Friday evening, the evening of the game, that they could only field a much weakened team due to the unavailability of its senior panel.

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on September 20, 2014, 12:38:42 AM
Those statements don't match.

Roughly translated it says " this is just a complete farce, a total embarrassment but it's got nothing to do with us, shame on Dromintee, nobody's fault only their own, ok we could have changed the game for Dromintee cos of the wedding but we were never going to do that, especially when it was Cross that was involved - don't blame us for taking your money at the gate knowing that it was going to be a complete joke of a match - blame Dromintee."

orangeman

And we're keeping the money so tough shit.

Throw ball

Quote from: orangeman on September 20, 2014, 12:52:32 AM
And we're keeping the money so tough shit.

I was at the match and did not see anyone charged in. Gate was open for free entry.