Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downtown

well pints, wat is it with u and ballymacnab and granemore?

U jealous that they are both playing senior cship teams and sliverbridge arent?  silverbridge are not capable of playing in the senior chsip anyway getting beat by st peters in this yrs cship, quite frankly i dnt think the bridge are a cship team r have the balls to win the intermediate never mind play in the senior especially if you say when ballymacnab sudnt be there - they beat you last yr in the cship didnt they???

i also feel that to do well in any cship u need to have all your best players available, ballymacnab doesnt have this at present due to few lads travellin so this yr will be a learning curve, but what bout the bridge were there best players are getting transfers away from the club!! ie. C Conlon???

personally pints i think ur talkin a load of shite!! n enuf of the laidin in2 ballymacnab n granemore!!

pintsofguinness

Nab Man
Quotepinyofguiness - i agree with what most of your saying, but to say that ballymacnab ang granemore arent justified to be playing senior champ is a load of shite. we are both there on merit as we we actually won the championship in the last few years. when was the last time the bridge won anything!! granemore wer only defeated by 3 points by a good killeavy side so they have proved they are quite capble to play senior grade. as for the nab, we probably will find it very tough against the ogs, but we ar missing 5 starting players from the start of last year due to serious injury and others away travelling, so its just more about experience this year. in all serious, i cant see anyone competing with cross anyway... so should we just award them the senior champ and let everyone else play in the intermediate!! i think u shud worry about ur own teams championship performances (espicially getting beat an average st peters side) before you keep harping on about other teams!! at the end of the day league football is the day to day part of the game, but the championship is where it really matters, and quite frankly in the past few years, silverbridge havent produced it when it counts most.

Oh dear I've hit a nerve. 
Yes both Ballymacnab and Granemore have won the intermediate.  Granemore have made no impact at senior level and I don't think Ballymacnab will either, can I assume that you will both step down a grade if you continue to have no impact or do you like the title of senior club too much?  That is the problem! Teams win the intermediate and won't go back down a grade even when senior is clearly too much for them.  I'm sorry if this seems harsh, it is genuinely never my intention to put the boot into any club or have a dig at them (apart from maybe some of the neighbours) and I would love to see either clubs (or both) prove me wrong. 
It's really irrelevant if Granemore came within three points of Killeavy, that is evidence that they can up their game.  If Granemore were really 3 points behind Killeavy they'd be pushing for promotion to division 1.   
It's an interesting point you raise there, would teams rather do well in the championship or league?  I know at the end of last year I would rather see the Bridge go into the promotion playoffs, having been beaten in the semi final of the championship than if they won the championship and were struggling to stay in division 2!  Maybe that's just me though. 

Fullback
QuoteFFS nabman, what are you playing at slagging the Bridge?

Heads for the hills young man, head for the hills...............
:) Made me laugh that, and you don't think I've a sense of humour!

Jungle
QuoteWas at the keady v Bridge game and have to say i was very impressed with the shooting of the bridge forwards would have liked to have seen the stats on wides they hit as i dont recall many. They are a small side but very fit and their nr 8 never stopped running (mc avoy i think). Fair play to them on winning this game and keeping their discipline while our fellas got frustrated with the ref. Making of a good side but perphaps need a few more physical players.
Aye that would have been Cormac McAvoy.  The team is very fit, and some of the lads cover a serious amount of ground but Cormac's fitness is exceptional it really is no exaggeration to say he never stops!  He knows how too use it which is the main thing. 

Downtown
Quotewell pints, wat is it with u and ballymacnab and granemore?
Just making a point...

QuoteU jealous that they are both playing senior cship teams and sliverbridge arent?
:D 

Quotesilverbridge are not capable of playing in the senior chsip anyway getting beat by st peters in this yrs cship,
No arguments here.

Quotequite frankly i dnt think the bridge are a cship team r have the balls to win the intermediate never mind play in the senior especially if you say when ballymacnab sudnt be there
Your thoughts are noted.

Quotethey beat you last yr in the cship didnt they???
They did yes, and from what I've experienced of their players and supporters (in league and championship) they're a good bunch and I'd  love to see them do well.

Quotebut what bout the bridge were there best players are getting transfers away from the club!! ie. C Conlon???
Best players transfering?  I only know Ciaran Conlon is no longer playing for us. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armagh Exile

Heard Clans lost another player tonight.
Anyone confirm.

pintsofguinness

They're clearly going for some sort of record.

any results from tonight?

diesel-smuggler

im sure clans man and county chairman kevin brady will conveniently make sure that the referee's report gets lost in the post just like the report sent from the referee who officiated them and whitecross! haha

you would need to be up early for them clans men!

pintsofguinness

Where yous not playing tonight DS?

diesel-smuggler

yeah beat st.peters 3-14 to 0-7

ref blew it up early on the advice of st. peters players!

they said to him if cruppen go more than 15 points in the lead blow it early and he did!

pintsofguinness

Are you serious?
How early?

You have to be taking the piss.

diesel-smuggler

there would have been a good 5 or 6 minutes left!

David McKeown

We got beat by Clan Eirean tonight 2-11 to 3-4 mind you our last two scores were goals.  Have to say both sides would agree that the ref had an exceptional game although he did miss a boxing match between two clan eirean forwards and two of our defenders, all four of whom should have walked although he probably didnt see it and after discussing it with the umpires decided to take no action.  (Probably because each umpire would have contradicted the other)  One of the clan eirean players involved had already been booked seemed to swap shirts at half time and i cant be certain but i think the player wearing that number got booked again.

Jimmy Byrne was excellent for Clan Eirean and made a big difference in the game

2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Spiritof98

Harps drew with Cullaville up there, thats all I know, worked late lst night and in early this morning
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Uladh

Killeavy stuffed Granemore. Hickey, Stevie Mc and full forward Doran excellent.

It came at a cost though with Stanfield getting a straight red.

sturganbrae

Have seen Silverbridge on a couple of occasions this year.  I dont think they would hack it in Div. 1.  So better a championship win than promotion anytime!!!

pintsofguinness

QuoteHave seen Silverbridge on a couple of occasions this year.  I dont think they would hack it in Div. 1.  So better a championship win than promotion anytime!!!
I never said promotion over a championship win, I said better league postion but maybe it's just me.
I don't think we're strong enough for division 1 yet but out of interest when did you see them play?

anportmorforjfc

any1 know when and where the u-16 division 2 + 4 semi-finals will be played