Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 02, 2007, 08:25:35 AM
I think it would be an afwul long season.  with leagues usually continuing on until nearly october at present squeezing another 10 games in would be too much.

I agree el cuervo fc, if they were to adopt this system either: there would be only 1 round of games, 7 home and 7 away ties, or break each league into 2 tiers with 12-14 games in each.
O'Neills Therapist

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Armagh Exile

I have noticed that Johnny McGeeney was playing at left half forward for Cullaville against Wolfe Tones in the IFC semi-final last Friday night.
How did this come, as he was sent off in the Culloville v Clan Na Gael ACL game the previous week with a STRAIGHT RED CARD?

Blue is the colour

Quote from: Armagh Exile on August 03, 2007, 12:34:53 PM
I have noticed that Johnny McGeeney was playing at left half forward for Cullaville against Wolfe Tones in the IFC semi-final last Friday night.
How did this come, as he was sent off in the Culloville v Clan Na Gael ACL game the previous week with a STRAIGHT RED CARD?

Firstly it was against Mullaghbawn, and he got 2 yellow cards both for giving out 2 d reff not a STRAIGHT RED so he was able 2 play anainst the tones

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Blue is the colour on August 03, 2007, 01:10:08 PM
Quote from: Armagh Exile on August 03, 2007, 12:34:53 PM

Firstly it was against Mullaghbawn, and he got 2 yellow cards both for giving out 2 d reff not a STRAIGHT RED so he was able 2 play anainst the tones
An interesting post on orchardcounty about it...
QuoteHaving watched the Tones match last night i was suprised and annoyed to see John McGeeney play after being sent off with a straight red card last sunday against Mullaghbawn. This is down to the unbelievable pressure from a certain individual within the Cullaville club. He was supposed to have entered the referees dressing room at least three times after the game, and then continued his crusade throughout the week.
It is hard enough to get refs without them being put under this kind of pressure. What effect is this going to have on refs, when their decision isnt final?
A cullaville supporter informed me that this has happened 3 times with this player in the last two seasons. So is this having a good effect on this player as he probably thinks he is immune from suspension and can do what ever he likes on the field, just because some members of his club have a bit of clought at county board level.
Im not after a replay for the Tones(we were beaten fairly on the night), But this is very dangerous for our game and is the reason i am bringing it up.

It wouldnt be the first time this year a team has played a banned player in the intermediate championship but there doesn't seem to be any punishment.

Hey Illdecide you might want to head over to the "Teamsheets" topic and answer a few queries, I hear you Clanns boys are experts on how they should be presented   :D
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Blue is the colour

Pints i didnt know about that post, it makes it interesting surly, but what happened on the day was that he was CLEARLY given 2 yellow cards at different occasions during the 2nd half (this ref was a clown im sure Mullaghbawn supporters will agree) (ask tigger from 100.5fm he was broadcasting lol) so i dont see how he could have been suspended

nabman

A club shouldn't be given the right of a championship status because they've a history there.  How long will Ballymacnab and Granemore be in the senior championship and would you consider them "senior" clubs?  They may have won the intermediate but they're poor division 2 teams.  It doesn't make sense.   

pinyofguiness - i agree with what most of your saying, but to say that ballymacnab ang granemore arent justified to be playing senior champ is a load of shite. we are both there on merit as we we actually won the championship in the last few years. when was the last time the bridge won anything!! granemore wer only defeated by 3 points by a good killeavy side so they have proved they are quite capble to play senior grade. as for the nab, we probably will find it very tough against the ogs, but we ar missing 5 starting players from the start of last year due to serious injury and others away travelling, so its just more about experience this year. in all serious, i cant see anyone competing with cross anyway... so should we just award them the senior champ and let everyone else play in the intermediate!! i think u shud worry about ur own teams championship performances (espicially getting beat an average st peters side) before you keep harping on about other teams!! at the end of the day league football is the day to day part of the game, but the championship is where it really matters, and quite frankly in the past few years, silverbridge havent produced it when it counts most.

full back

FFS nabman, what are you playing at slagging the Bridge?

Heads for the hills young man, head for the hills...............

illdecide

Pints i know nothing about team sheets, thats what the club secretary is for. ;) ;) Me no speak English.

By the way Pints just heard some breaking news (hope it's not old news to you South Armagh men) Kieran McGeeney is coming back to play for Mullaghbawn for the last 2 years of his football career.

qub la la la

ill decide, yous lot play madden the year in the b's? any word on how they did against ballyhegan?

illdecide

Quote from: qub la la la on August 03, 2007, 02:37:40 PM
ill decide, yous lot play madden the year in the b's? any word on how they did against ballyhegan?

I don't know man, usually the results pop here. Or you will prob get them on the "Orchard County" web site. I don't like that Orchard county so i never go on it.

jungle

Was at the keady v Bridge game and have to say i was very impressed with the shooting of the bridge forwards would have liked to have seen the stats on wides they hit as i dont recall many. They are a small side but very fit and their nr 8 never stopped running (mc avoy i think). Fair play to them on winning this game and keeping their discipline while our fellas got frustrated with the ref. Making of a good side but perphaps need a few more physical players. 

heurebag

mc geeney is a legend, he shud last for another couple of years

lurganblue

Quote from: heurebag on August 03, 2007, 05:32:58 PM
mc geeney is a legend, he shud last for another couple of years

did you just blow in from orchardcounty?