Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

No we were either top of the league or second when the qualification ended but as your probably aware we haven't been able to field a senior team at one stage recently so it was decided that we wouldnt run the risk of anymore injuries.  Also we wouldnt have been able to field a team last week
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

pintsofguinness

Quotehave you seen the proposals that pauraic duffy has in recommended to help club football?
No
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

diesel-smuggler

minor championship draw last night

carrickcruppen v st. patricks
oliver plunketts v granemore
crossmaglen v madden
clann eireann v tullysarran

diesel-smuggler

pints he came up with 18 or 19 ideas that would benefit club football and while most of them are straight forward and common sense it is whether they would be implemented and adhered to at county board level would remain to be seen if they had been adopted at congress!

Saran Man

minor championship
oliver plunketts v granemore
cruppen v st pats
cross v madden
clan eireann v tullysaran

Any ideas.  Would imagine we will struggle against clan eireann.  Our boys not playing well at all at moment.  While we racked up a big score against ballyhegan we struggled for long periods.  going to clan eireann is big ask especially considering the reports of strife coming from our minor camp.
Cross/ granemore/ st pats/ clan eireann to fight out last 4.

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 01, 2007, 10:22:07 PM
btw O2, if we're talking about teams making progress, how can a team make progress if they go out in a championship match to face a team two divisions above them? 

In 06 Granemore faced Tir na nóg in the Senior Championship, 2 divisions above them at the time, and lost by a point, I'd say this was a good experience progression wise.  They also beat Whitecross the year before in the Intermediate final, again a progressive step.
O'Neills Therapist

Taking PofG suggestion, (based on current standings) here is how the Leagues would shape up: 28 games per year excluding the championship would be a concern. 

ACL Senior

Crossmaglen
Mullaghbawn
Dromintee
Maghery 
Pearse Og
Harps
Clan na Gael
Whitecross
Culloville
Tir na nÓg
Killeavey 
St Patrick's 
Silverbridge
St Michael's
Carrickcruppen

------------------------------------------

ACL Intermediate

Ballymacnab
Granemore
Clann Eireann
Keady
Wolfe Tones
Annaghmore 
St Peter's   
Madden
An Port Mor 
Sarsfields 
Lissummon
Collegeland
Tullysaran
Clonmore
Ballyhegan 

ACL Junior

St Paul's
Middletown
Clady 
Crossmaglen II
Belleek 
Grange 
Dorsey Emmett's 
Shane O'Neill's
Eire Og
Forkhill 
Mullaghbrack 
Derrynoose
O'Hanlon's 
Corrinshego
Phelim Brady's

My rules:
For promotion / relegation, 2/3 spots.  If a team faced relegation but won their respective championship they would be immune and the team or teams above them would go down.  Although they would have to defend the same championship the next year for this immunity.  If a team finishes in the top half of the league (outside the 2 automatic promotion places) and win the championship they get promoted along with the 2 top teams.  For a mid or lower half finish (outside the relegation zone) they get a 2 year wildcard entry into a higher championship. Thoughts??
O'Neills Therapist

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: 02 on August 02, 2007, 05:16:01 AM
Taking PofG suggestion, (based on current standings) here is how the Leagues would shape up: 28 games per year excluding the championship would be a concern. 

ACL Senior

Crossmaglen
Mullaghbawn
Dromintee
Maghery 
Pearse Og
Harps
Clan na Gael
Whitecross
Culloville
Tir na nÓg
Killeavey 
St Patrick's 
Silverbridge
St Michael's
Carrickcruppen

ACL Intermediate

Ballymacnab
Granemore
Clann Eireann
Keady
Wolfe Tones
Annaghmore 
St Peter's  
Madden
An Port Mor 
Sarsfields 
Lissummon
Collegeland
Tullysaran
Clonmore
Ballyhegan 

ACL Junior

St Paul's
Middletown
Clady 
Crossmaglen II
Belleek 
Grange 
Dorsey Emmett's 
Shane O'Neill's
Eire Og
Forkhill 
Mullaghbrack 
Derrynoose
O'Hanlon's 
Corrinshego
Phelim Brady's

My rules:
For promotion / relegation, 2/3 spots.  If a team faced relegation but won their respective championship they would be immune and the team or teams above them would go down.  Although they would have to defend the same championship the next year for this immunity.  If a team finishes in the top half of the league (outside the 2 automatic promotion places) and win the championship they get promoted along with the 2 top teams.  For a mid or lower half finish (outside the relegation zone) they get a 2 year wildcard entry into a higher championship. Thoughts??

I think it would be an afwul long season.  with leagues usually continuing on until nearly october at present squeezing another 10 games in would be too much.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: 02 on August 02, 2007, 01:22:33 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 01, 2007, 10:22:07 PM
btw O2, if we're talking about teams making progress, how can a team make progress if they go out in a championship match to face a team two divisions above them? 

In 06 Granemore faced Tir na nóg in the Senior Championship, 2 divisions above them at the time, and lost by a point, I'd say this was a good experience progression wise.  They also beat Whitecross the year before in the Intermediate final, again a progressive step.
That's not progress O2 that is having the ability to up your game for a championship match. 
Even if you consider it progress it's an exception, not the norm, how teams are well beat when they face teams two divisions above them?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: 02 on August 02, 2007, 05:16:01 AM

ACL Senior

Crossmaglen
Mullaghbawn
Dromintee
Maghery 
Pearse Og
Harps
Clan na Gael
Whitecross
Culloville
Tir na nÓg
Killeavey 
St Patrick's 
Silverbridge
St Michael's
Carrickcruppen

ACL Intermediate

Ballymacnab
Granemore
Clann Eireann
Keady
Wolfe Tones
Annaghmore 
St Peter's   
Madden
An Port Mor 
Sarsfields 
Lissummon
Collegeland
Tullysaran
Clonmore
Ballyhegan 

ACL Junior

St Paul's
Middletown
Clady 
Crossmaglen II
Belleek 
Grange 
Dorsey Emmett's 
Shane O'Neill's
Eire Og
Forkhill 
Mullaghbrack 
Derrynoose
O'Hanlon's 
Corrinshego
Phelim Brady's

My rules:

I think Tullysaran would like a crack at winning the Junior before being upped to the Intermediate.

Incidentally Port Mor beat the Saran last night by about 5 points.

illdecide

Quote from: ard mhaca abu on August 01, 2007, 10:33:28 PM
b acl result cruppen 1-15 clan na gael 1-5. another good team performance by cruppen especially qub la la la in corner bk....clans where poor to be fair...heard drumintee stuffed mullabawn..any other results?

QuoteI'll decide what position to play in when i get up there, because i pick the team  .

Gotta go and catch my train or i'll be at no match

u obviously didnt do much playin tonight..i'll decide....u couldnt pick ur nose ;D

Cruppin beat us easy last night and i've no excusses, i try my best to call a spade a spade. I could only pick a team from the guys who turn up (and i'm still not making excuses), our guys seem to pick their matches and all of a sudden when we have a match to play away from home then most people seem to have to work, mind kids, holidays, do what women tell them and any other excuse they can think off yet if we were at home we have 28 men standing looking a game.

I would love dearly to drop 7 or 8 of the men who played last night because they ran about like it was a mid ulster soccer match with not a care in the world and no respect for the jersey and probably just not good enough. But i also want to tell the guys who didn't turn up for the match last night to fcuk off but i can't do both or i'd have 8 or 9 players for the next match. (talking about being caught betweeen a rock and a hard place)

So there you go "the joys of management"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

diesel-smuggler

where did you play last night? was looking for you to sting you with a ticket! haha

we had the same problems with our b-team recently alot thought that because they are on our senior 'PANEL' they are too good for b football!
13 of that team last night are u21, 3 of them are still minors and james loughran is the only one in that team last night that starts for the seniors!

i would imagine that we would have to same problems gathering up the lads to travel to the likes of clan na gael or ballyhegan, the luck of the draw for us was that our two away games had been short trips to dromintee and mullaghbawn!

diesel-smuggler

saran man you are saying that you will struggle against clann eireann due to in house strife???

is that just yourself preparing tullysaran for a fall whenever they are expected to push st. pats or cross to win the championship?

SimpleSimon

Spiritof98, I know your a hurling man, what way did the Armagh minor hurling championship matches go lastnight?
Who are the fancied teams this year, it's an age group I would know little about, is it the usual (Middletown, keady & Cuchulian's) or are Derrynoose up there now as I know they had a good group of lads coming through. Not sure what age they are at the minute though.

bennydorano

Keady bt Cuchulianns 1-6 to 1-4 in a very tense and exciting game. Cuchuliann's only had one scoring forward in young Coco coulter which probably cost them the game in the end as they were clearly the better allround team.