Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aghdavoyle

Its not right of course but he's not the only player suffering regularly at the hands of referees. he's certainly not the only man playing soccer concurrently. in my opinion he's a bit of a crybaby quitting over this. by all means use your platform as a dual player to highlight the issue, but rolling over because the big bad refs won't give him frees shows a real lack of character

illdecide

The standard of refeering is poor all round and we have our fair share of muppets looking to be the centre of attention too, but you can't just throw the towel in every time something goes against you. Where did his dummy land when he spat it out, as far as i'm concerned he was looking for an easy way out of playing GAA as he's a soccer man and he just didn't wanna play both ;) ;)

Sam McClatchy refeered our game a few years ago against Silverbridge in Davitt Park and after the match he said to one of the Bridge guys "See that we ginger bollox he needs flatened" I was standing behing him when he said it and i pulled him about it he just shrugged his shoulders.

By the way he is a we ginger bollox anyway big Sam had a point there ;) :D :D. but the point i'm making is we have that shit too and we don't run to the papers crying about it or quitting for f**king soccer >:(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Agree 100% with you illdecide, there is no doubt he was looking a way out & saw this as a perfect opportunity.
And as for running to the papers ::) :'(

Smokin Joe

Does anyone know why the County Board decided this year that Joe should step down?

From what I have heard Joe went into the meeting looking another year, but that he was refused.

If that is correct what caused the County Board to make that decision now when it has appeared that Joe has run the County Board for the last few years, ie where did the balls come from all of a sudden?

illdecide

Quote from: Smokin Joe on August 01, 2007, 11:31:39 AM
Does anyone know why the County Board decided this year that Joe should step down?

From what I have heard Joe went into the meeting looking another year, but that he was refused.

If that is correct what caused the County Board to make that decision now when it has appeared that Joe has run the County Board for the last few years, ie where did the balls come from all of a sudden?

Kevin Brady county Chairman and a Clan na Geal man (North Armagh's back in control) ;) :D

All joke on the side i heard a right few of the players and Joe did not get on and maybe that was taken into consideration, there could have been a bit of back-stabbing going on.

bennydorano

Quote from: Smokin Joe on August 01, 2007, 11:31:39 AM

Player power from what I've heard.

pintsofguinness

Sam McClatchy refeered our game a few years ago against Silverbridge in Davitt Park and after the match he said to one of the Bridge guys "See that we ginger bollox he needs flatened" I was standing behing him when he said it and i pulled him about it he just shrugged his shoulders.

By the way he is a we ginger bollox anyway big Sam had a point there
Any club in the county would have him he's well use to getting that type of "protection" too.

I haven't time to answer you now DS, I will later.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

winsamsoon

It really is wonderful now that everyone is criticising the referees things are all rosie in the garden but when a few of the clans boys were stating this point 2 months ago they were called whingers. Brilliant  :D ;)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

full back

The Clans had 6 men sent off in 3 games, that was the issue I believe

diesel-smuggler

ill decide or winsamsoon any of you lot playing in cruppen tonight in the b-league?

illdecide

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on August 01, 2007, 03:58:56 PM
ill decide or winsamsoon any of you lot playing in cruppen tonight in the b-league?

Yes Diesel, i will. who do you want took out :D

diesel-smuggler

what position do you play?
oh! take a tenner with you! you can buy a ticket for our development draw off me! haha!

Uladh

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 01, 2007, 03:34:26 PM
It really is wonderful now that everyone is criticising the referees things are all rosie in the garden but when a few of the clans boys were stating this point 2 months ago they were called whingers. Brilliant  :D ;)

How many posters does it take to constitute "everyone"?

illdecide

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on August 01, 2007, 04:49:40 PM
what position do you play?
oh! take a tenner with you! you can buy a ticket for our development draw off me! haha!

I'll decide what position to play in when i get up there, because i pick the team ;) :D.

Gotta go and catch my train or i'll be at no match

pintsofguinness

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on August 01, 2007, 08:41:22 AM
pints we will have a bit of craic here and a debate on championship
in your opinion what clubs in the senior and intermediate championship are not being honest with themselves and who do you think should downgrade?

Well I was thinking the senior championship should be made up of division 1 clubs and I'd like to see a bigger division 1, look at the top of division 2 this year, the top teams are far too strong for the rest and there's 3 or 4 teams that could cope easily with division 1.  (Before you start 02 you can leave the bridge in division 2 if you want)
Does it make any sense division 2 teams play in the senior championship while division 1 teams play in the intermediate?  Look at Granemore, ok they won the intermediate but will they ever matter in the senior championship?  Will Ballymacnab ever matter in the senior championship?  It's ridiculous.
Whitecross and Cullaville should be in the senior, particularly whitecross, isn't this their second or third year in division 1?
I can't really comment on the lower divisions and Junior championship.   
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?