Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Against the Breeze

Diesel Smuggler...

"like pearse ogs, crossmaglen, dromintee harps etc with county players wont (and correctly so) play without their county men so i cant see where the fixtures committee would find adequate dates for playing off a league basis county championship whenever they are having problems sorting out the current set-up!

Sorry I cvant work the Quote Icon but when has this being the case with these clubs you have mentioned?

diesel-smuggler

against the breeze if you would bother to read back to pints proposals to a new championship format you will see that he is suggesting championship be played on a league basis therefore ensuring that more fixtures will come into effect than what we are already playing with!

the county managements refusal to let county players play with their clubs is hard enough on clubs during a league campaign at present but where are we going to find the time to fit in a league basis championship structure when the fixtures committee are pressed enough as it is!

twotwocharlie

Let's not spoil a good week for all footballing clubs in S. Armagh (bar Cullyhanna).  Lets leave Ronan Quigley alone~they all do their best!  Well done the blues!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on July 31, 2007, 05:32:45 PM
against the breeze if you would bother to read back to pints proposals to a new championship format you will see that he is suggesting championship be played on a league basis therefore ensuring that more fixtures will come into effect than what we are already playing with!

the county managements refusal to let county players play with their clubs is hard enough on clubs during a league campaign at present but where are we going to find the time to fit in a league basis championship structure when the fixtures committee are pressed enough as it is!
:-\
If you would read back you would see that I am not proposing that and already said that in a previous post.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: Uladh on July 31, 2007, 04:00:16 PM

i've heard two credible rumours.... Grimley won't be leaving cavan ....

Well he looks pretty comfortable in his CN reg Passat ::)

PofG I guess you are arguing that the championship should be based on league performance as Silverbridge would be re-graded into the Senior Championship, but lets face it if your club can't beat St. Peters in the Intermediate, why should they be in the Senior Championship?  Granemore lost to Killeavey by a goal when they were seemingly unstoppable in Division 2, hardly a mis-match!

O'Neills Therapist

stew

Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 31, 2007, 09:29:39 PM

Is there something you would like to say Joe instead of just implying?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

If beefer is anywhere near the county set up I will have to seriously consider my allegiance to Armagh............................ I may end up having to support Tyrone or dare I say it even Dow...........................never mind. I hope JM does not even get an interview.

The last thing we need is some clown trying to send space age subliminal messages to players that don't respect him let alone take the time to absorb and understand the zen shite he would be trying to instill in them. We are Armagh men, forget sophistication and existentialism and lets get the best 15 players on the field and get them as fit and as prepared as possible and maybe mix in a plan B if we need to make the odd aul adjustment during the game.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Smokin Joe

Quote from: stew on August 01, 2007, 03:17:25 AM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on July 31, 2007, 09:29:39 PM

Is there something you would like to say Joe instead of just implying?

Yes, he is driving a Cavan reg Passat.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: 02 on August 01, 2007, 01:06:04 AM
PofG I guess you are arguing that the championship should be based on league performance as Silverbridge would be re-graded into the Senior Championship, but lets face it if your club can't beat St. Peters in the Intermediate, why should they be in the Senior Championship?  Granemore lost to Killeavey by a goal when they were seemingly unstoppable in Division 2, hardly a mis-match!

no I'm not arguing the bridge should be re-graded, the bridge are in the right championship for them at this time and it's a pity not all clubs where as honest with themselves.  I reject the notion that I can't comment on something unless there's something in it for the bridge!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

diesel-smuggler

pints we will have a bit of craic here and a debate on championship
in your opinion what clubs in the senior and intermediate championship are not being honest with themselves and who do you think should downgrade?

el_cuervo_fc

illdecide

Hey pints did you read the Irish News this morning? more people complaining about refs. JP Gallagher says he will never play GAA again because of the abuse refs give him WTF, i always thought it was the other way around.
anyway he is calling for refs from neighbouring counties to referee the games and visa versa. He must be a right tool bucket to call it a day because some refs said something about his hair or his apperance or prob his white boots :D :D.

Sure we have all said that refs from other counties should be doing the big games particulary the championship matches.....
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Final Whistle

Not a toolbag at all. He is talented as f**k but you Armagh ones don't realise that the Tyrone league is played on a much higher intensity level than your games. I regularly catch an Armagh league game on a friday night or sunday at 2pm then race to wherever my club are playing in Tyrone. We have complete loopers refereeing our games that want to be the centre of attention and have personal gripes with players!!! Not the right way to do things.

laceer

Quote from: illdecide on August 01, 2007, 09:03:45 AM
Hey pints did you read the Irish News this morning? more people complaining about refs. JP Gallagher says he will never play GAA again because of the abuse refs give him WTF, i always thought it was the other way around.
anyway he is calling for refs from neighbouring counties to referee the games and visa versa. He must be a right tool bucket to call it a day because some refs said something about his hair or his apperance or prob his white boots :D :D.

Sure we have all said that refs from other counties should be doing the big games particulary the championship matches.....

don't think it's his hair or boots he's getting abuse about - "you diving soccer bastard" was one delightful speak from a referee to gallagher.he says it's happening regularly as well.from what i know of him he's a gentleman on and off the field and a great player as well.tyrone is full of mini hitler referees..they're going to be the main attraction/talking point in any game they referee.