Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

I definitely think the championship needs changed.  Having division 1 teams playing in the intermediate championship and division 2 teams in the senior championship is a joke, does it happen anywhere else?  I'd like to see it on a league basis.

with 45 clubs playing league football, would it not be more sensible to have three divisions of fifteen, with three up and three down? that way you could run it paralell with the senior junior and intermediate championships?
I wouldn't mind seeing something like that done though 28 league games is to much, 14 wouldnt be enough. 

I still think the biggest problem we have though is referees!  :-\  Am I getting grumpier or are they getting worse?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

full back

Correct pints, they are getting worse & one of the worst is very close to home ;)

illdecide

Yeeeaaaahhhhhoooooo :D

Stop complaining about the refs they're the best in the land ;) :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

pintsofguinness

Quote from: full back on July 31, 2007, 03:32:18 PM
Correct pints, they are getting worse & one of the worst is very close to home ;)

Maybe so fullback but it is alarming how many games I've seen this year that the referee's incompetence has affected the outcome of the game or, if the game had to be tight, would have affected it. 

Don't worry illdecide we'll try and not break your record of 4 days!  ;)

full back

Is there a break after this Friday in the ACL?

Any clubs nominate someone different for the Armagh job or is it the usual suspects (2 Rafferty's & PG)

David McKeown

QuoteMaybe so fullback but it is alarming how many games I've seen this year that the referee's incompetence has affected the outcome of the game or, if the game had to be tight, would have affected it

Have to agree with you Pints I think two of our last three games have gone against us because of some very poor refereeing and its probably going to mean the difference between staying up and going down.  Mind you still havent seen a ref as bad as the one who sent off an opposition player last year for square ball.   ???
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Uladh

Is there defo a nomination process for the clubs? if a club nominates a complete tool, do they still get an interview?

i've heard two credible rumours.... Grimley won't be leaving cavan and moran & beefer are running a very hard campaign for the job.

who else is there beyond the usual suspects....

diesel-smuggler

pints i would have to disagree with you with having the championship on a league basis!

im basing my judgement on the county team managements refusal to let players play with their clubs during the ulster and all-ireland series! clubs like pearse ogs, crossmaglen, dromintee harps etc with county players wont (and correctly so) play without their county men so i cant see where the fixtures committee would find adequate dates for playing off a league basis county championship whenever they are having problems sorting out the current set-up!

im happy enough with the current system for championship! if clubs struggle to win the intermediate championship then they shouldnt be given the right to senior chamionship status just because they play in division 1. any clubs who get defeated in round 1 or 2 of their perspective championship grades each year should ask to be regraded to the lower grade!

im sure its no fun for clubs in the senior or intermediate championship who get beat in the first round year after year who still try and compete in the same grade the following year only to be beaten!

if you look at the finalists in the intermediate chamionship this year whitecross got promoted to division 1 last year and cullaville got promoted this year so division 1 football has obviously brought them on. two years ago granemore won the intermediate championship and got relegated to division 3 in the same year (i think) at the end of the day it is the luck on the draw and the performance on the day!

diesel-smuggler

uladh as far as i am aware clubs have been given nomination forms where the person nominated by the club has to personally sign it!

so i would imagine this would cut out the bullshit of clubs nominating tools like joe bloggs and pj connolly!

Uladh

Thanks for clearing that up Ard mhacha abu

diesel-smuggler

oh you are so wrong!

and the next time i see you at a match or in carrickcruppen i will gladly point out to you who i am!

anportmorforjfc

what age group play in the donal powell cup

illdecide

Don't worry illdecide we'll try and not break your record of 4 days! 

Whats that about Pints?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

pintsofguinness

Quotepints i would have to disagree with you with having the championship on a league basis!
I actually meant that the grading be done on the league position of the clubs though your point about county players is still relevant. 

im happy enough with the current system for championship! if clubs struggle to win the intermediate championship then they shouldnt be given the right to senior chamionship status just because they play in division 1.
A club shouldn't be given the right of a championship status because they've a history there.  How long will Ballymacnab and Granemore be in the senior championship and would you consider them "senior" clubs?  They may have won the intermediate but they're poor division 2 teams.  It doesn't make sense.   

Quoteany clubs who get defeated in round 1 or 2 of their perspective championship grades each year should ask to be regraded to the lower grade!
Aye that'll happen.   

QuoteDon't worry illdecide we'll try and not break your record of 4 days! 
Your complaining about ronan quigley.

diesel-smuggler

pints it is all about swallowing there pride and being honest about themselves!

ballymacnab and granemore are both progressive clubs and have been deservant of their intermediate championship success i would say however that they wont be getting carried away with senior status and will regrade in a couple of years time!

let them enjoy there moment but only themselves will know when the time is to regrade!