Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: qub la la la on July 26, 2007, 10:57:52 AM
Quote from: Uladh on July 24, 2007, 12:00:22 PM
That is some beating. i'm assuming harps minors are probably of a decent standard too. are tullysarran the only realistic competition for cross for the minor championship?

I think cruppen beat cross at some stage this year...
cullyhanna are very strong at minors too
I've noticed you commenting a few times on Cruppen, I take it you're from there, even though you wouldn't tell us.
And to think when you joined the board you were slagging of the bridge for being an intermediate side  :D
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

upthecrups

Quote from POG
"I've noticed you commenting a few times on Cruppen, I take it you're from there, even though you wouldn't tell us.
And to think when you joined the board you were slagging of the bridge for being an intermediate side  :D"

Don't know who QUB is but surely the bridge are an intermediate side because they participate in the intermediate championship.
Cruppen are competing in the Senior championship therefore they'd be classed as a senior side.
Don't know - maybe i'm biased :-\

mooncatiii

Quote from: full back on July 26, 2007, 10:33:10 AM
It's a stupid point moonman.
Because Cross are so dominant, you want the Lurgan clubs to join up to give them a game ::)
What about when Clans had their success in the 80's? Maybe South Armagh clubs should have joined up to give them a game?
Fcuk, I cant wait to the holidays are over ;)

f**k up, i was not sayin anything against the successes of cross , the talk was about how come cross produce so many talented players, what i said was "lurgan" not north aramgh but LURGAN have produced alot of quality players but have been split over 4r5 teams that r so close to each other! i never mentioned creating a team combined of all of them!  so quit tryin to make an argument out of nothin u dick and get back to the field and pick a few spuds
shazam

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from mooncati

"another factor certainly around lurgan is that IMO there is an overload of clubs i.e within a 5 min drive of lurgan town centre you have st peters, clann eireann, clan an gael, st pauls, eire og with wolf tones slightly outside the town.  im not saying this is bad thing as it means alot of people will get playing alot more football but from a competitive point of view if you had an all lurgan team made up of 15 from say st peters clan eireann clan na gael st pauls and eire og it would certainly rival cross.

i no this will never happen with all the politics between th clubs in lurgan but if it did happen it would definitely be a strong team"

I think you're sort of suggesting it here mooncatiii

mooncatiii

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on July 26, 2007, 01:25:21 PM
Quote from mooncati

"another factor certainly around lurgan is that IMO there is an overload of clubs i.e within a 5 min drive of lurgan town centre you have st peters, clann eireann, clan an gael, st pauls, eire og with wolf tones slightly outside the town.  im not saying this is bad thing as it means alot of people will get playing alot more football but from a competitive point of view if you had an all lurgan team made up of 15 from say st peters clan eireann clan na gael st pauls and eire og it would certainly rival cross.

i no this will never happen with all the politics between th clubs in lurgan but if it did happen it would definitely be a strong team"

I think you're sort of suggesting it here mooncatiii

no im sayin if it was the case it would rival cross but i am in no way suggesting it should happen!  what i was sayin was that there was an overload of clubs around lurgan!  but maybe that is too much for u take in, jeesus u lads must have an IQ the same as your shoe size! 
shazam

illdecide

Moon being a Clans man i think your pissing against the wind here my friend and by the sounds of things your to easy wound up. I know what your saying and its true but thats the way it is.

every dog has it's day, we had our's in the 70's and 80's. Remember clans won 3 Ulster's in a row. and now Cross are dominating (10 fold of what we achieved), there will come a time when the power will shift to somone else and then again and again. Just deal with it ;)

What club do you represent?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Quote from: mooncatiii on July 26, 2007, 01:16:38 PM
Because Cross are so dominant, you want the Lurgan clubs to join up to give them a game ::)
What about when Clans had their success in the 80's? Maybe South Armagh clubs should have joined up to give them a game?

f**k up, i was not sayin anything against the successes of cross , the talk was about how come cross produce so many talented players, what i said was "lurgan" not north aramgh but LURGAN have produced alot of quality players but have been split over 4r5 teams that r so close to each other! i never mentioned creating a team combined of all of them!  so quit tryin to make an argument out of nothin u dick and get back to the field and pick a few spuds

No off course you didnt mention it ::)

"if you had an all lurgan team made up of 15 from say st peters clan eireann clan na gael st pauls and eire og it would certainly rival cross"

"realise this will never happen but if u had say two r three teams out of the 7 armagh teams u r still looking at a very strong side"

"but my point is even with all the distractions of soccer and drink etc etc around lurgan there is alot of very talented footballers who if they all played on the same team would be a match for any team"

" i am not saying this should happen my point was just that a team based on lurgan based players would have been a match for cross over the years"

What a f**king moron

mooncatiii

Quote from: full back on July 26, 2007, 01:37:25 PM
Quote from: mooncatiii on July 26, 2007, 01:16:38 PM

No off course you didnt mention it ::)

"if you had an all lurgan team made up of 15 from say st peters clan eireann clan na gael st pauls and eire og it would certainly rival cross"

"realise this will never happen but if u had say two r three teams out of the 7 armagh teams u r still looking at a very strong side"

"but my point is even with all the distractions of soccer and drink etc etc around lurgan there is alot of very talented footballers who if they all played on the same team would be a match for any team"

" i am not saying this should happen my point was just that a team based on lurgan based players would have been a match for cross over the years"

What a f**king moron

Ur the fuckin moron u cant seem to comprehend that i am talkin about the overload of clubs around Lurgan!  i never said that 1 club should be formed my point was simply that alot of taltented players come from the area and if was not for the many clubs then a few more honours may have come the towns way!  as i said there is obviously a definite connection with your shoe size and your IQ if u cannot understand!   

and to illdecide im from eire og, 
shazam

Loup Bandit

I think what Mooncat is highlighting is that there a lot of clubs in a close geographical catchment area, therefore dispersing the talent across more clubs.

On the other side of the coin, if Culloville, silverbridge and naomh malachi's were located slightly closer to Cross, then Cross may have lost out on a few players on the periphery of their parish.

mooncatiii

Quote from: Loup Bandit on July 26, 2007, 02:03:52 PM
I think what Mooncat is highlighting is that there a lot of clubs in a close geographical catchment area, therefore dispersing the talent across more clubs.

On the other side of the coin, if Culloville, silverbridge and naomh malachi's were located slightly closer to Cross, then Cross may have lost out on a few players on the periphery of their parish.

at last someone with a brain,  ;D  exactly what ive been tryin to get through to the rest here
shazam

full back

Well why the fcuk didnt you say it then - you should be studying for them repeats anyway ;)

qub la la la

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 26, 2007, 12:43:37 PM
I've noticed you commenting a few times on Cruppen, I take it you're from there, even though you wouldn't tell us.
And to think when you joined the board you were slagging of the bridge for being an intermediate side  :D

all i said was silverbridge are an intermediate club and will remain an intermediate club until they win the intermediate championship. going on championship performances in the last couple of years this may be a long way away....

Loup Bandit

Quote from: mooncatiii on July 26, 2007, 02:31:28 PM
Quote from: Loup Bandit on July 26, 2007, 02:03:52 PM

at last someone with a brain,  ;D  exactly what ive been tryin to get through to the rest here

No problem buddy!  ;)

mooncatiii

Quote from: full back on July 26, 2007, 02:32:31 PM
Well why the fcuk didnt you say it then - you should be studying for them repeats anyway ;)

i didn say it u misunderstood it which is hardly surprising,  and im long since left uni perched up behind desk with my air con blowing here! maybe u shud be getting ready to go sign on
shazam

full back

Quote from: mooncatiii on July 26, 2007, 02:41:29 PM
Quote from: full back on July 26, 2007, 02:32:31 PM

i didn say it u misunderstood it which is hardly surprising,  and im long since left uni perched up behind desk with my air con blowing here! maybe u shud be getting ready to go sign on

Air con!!! No way

Yawn
You are boring me now moonman