Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

Quote from: Hank Everlast on July 24, 2007, 01:40:37 PM
Gregory and owen loughran only came out to tullysaran for a while at under 16 but it was only for a brief period of a month or so... not sure why or what the circumstances were with that.

I don't think your right here hank, Owen might have been out to the Saran but def not Gregory he's been with Ogs since U-14 played in the all-ireland feile final with him.

mooncatiii

Quote from: illdecide on July 24, 2007, 01:22:52 PM
I always was under the impression that when the Mac's and Oisin and the rest of their clan retired that other clubs in Armagh would have a fantastic chance of de-throning them. But in the name of F**k where do Cross get these teams from and more importanly what can the rest of us do about it.

There def is a fear factor when teams play Cross and it's only getting worse the longer their dominance continues, whether or not they can produce players of the same quality as the Mac's and Oisin is open for debate but the more they keep winning at Minor and U21 the less chance the rest of us have. Unfortunatly BC1 is correct i can't see anyone breaking their dominance any time soon.

Topgun has a point too that the likes of Lurgan and Armagh teams have too many distractions (soccer, rugby, a pub every second door in the town, women and rioting/hooding). If you live in south Armagh and you want to be involved in sport and you don't want to shame your family you play GAA it's that simple

another factor certainly around lurgan is that IMO there is an overload of clubs i.e within a 5 min drive of lurgan town centre you have st peters, clann eireann, clan an gael, st pauls, eire og with wolf tones slightly outside the town.  im not saying this is bad thing as it means alot of people will get playing alot more football but from a competitive point of view if you had an all lurgan team made up of 15 from say st peters clan eireann clan na gael st pauls and eire og it would certainly rival cross.

i no this will never happen with all the politics between th clubs in lurgan but if it did happen it would definitely be a strong team
shazam

illdecide

THERE IS NO DOUBTING MOONCATIII THAT IF THAT HAPPENED CROSS WOULD NOT BE GOING FOR 10 IN A ROW (OR 11, OR 12, I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY IT IS ALL I DO KNOW IS ITS TOO MANY). THEN YOU HAVE THE PROBLEM OF KEEPING EVERYONE HAPPY, THERE IS SARSFIELDS, WOLF TONES, EIRE OG, CLAN NA GEAL, ST PAULS, CLANN EIREANN, ST PETERS ALL THESE TEAMS COME FROM LURGAN AND THERE ABOUTS. WE ALSO HAVE PEOPLE IN LURGAN WHO PLAY FOR ST MARYS (AGHAGALLON) AND ST MICHAELS (MAGHERALIN) ANTRIM AND DOWN CLUBS RESPECTIVELY.

NOW YOU DO THE MATHS, ADD UP ALL THE TEAMS INCLUDING SUBS AND X2 AND YOU HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM. IT JUST WOULD NOT WORK!!!!

I DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS EVER ANY POACHING GOING ON IN SOUTH ARMAGH LIKE GOING TO SCHOOLS AND TAKING THE BEST TALENT TO YOUR CLUB WHEN THEY ARE CUBS ARE TRANSFERING OLDER MORE ESTABLISHED PLAYERS TO YOUR CLUB TO MAKE THEM STRONGER BUT IT DOES NOT HAPPEN IN LURGAN.

WHAT ABOUT "LURGAN GAEL'S" ALL IRELAND CHAMPIONS :D :D 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 ETC ETC ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

topgun

i think it could be time for the county board to seriously think of new league systems, try and improve the quality of club football overal in armagh, maybe an investigation into the kerry setup were u have a senior championship that is competed for on a club and divisonal basis, may be the way forward
a prophet is not recognised by his own

mooncatiii

Quote from: illdecide on July 25, 2007, 01:20:51 PM
THERE IS NO DOUBTING MOONCATIII THAT IF THAT HAPPENED CROSS WOULD NOT BE GOING FOR 10 IN A ROW (OR 11, OR 12, I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY IT IS ALL I DO KNOW IS ITS TOO MANY). THEN YOU HAVE THE PROBLEM OF KEEPING EVERYONE HAPPY, THERE IS SARSFIELDS, WOLF TONES, EIRE OG, CLAN NA GEAL, ST PAULS, CLANN EIREANN, ST PETERS ALL THESE TEAMS COME FROM LURGAN AND THERE ABOUTS. WE ALSO HAVE PEOPLE IN LURGAN WHO PLAY FOR ST MARYS (AGHAGALLON) AND ST MICHAELS (MAGHERALIN) ANTRIM AND DOWN CLUBS RESPECTIVELY.

NOW YOU DO THE MATHS, ADD UP ALL THE TEAMS INCLUDING SUBS AND X2 AND YOU HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM. IT JUST WOULD NOT WORK!!!!

I DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS EVER ANY POACHING GOING ON IN SOUTH ARMAGH LIKE GOING TO SCHOOLS AND TAKING THE BEST TALENT TO YOUR CLUB WHEN THEY ARE CUBS ARE TRANSFERING OLDER MORE ESTABLISHED PLAYERS TO YOUR CLUB TO MAKE THEM STRONGER BUT IT DOES NOT HAPPEN IN LURGAN.

WHAT ABOUT "LURGAN GAEL'S" ALL IRELAND CHAMPIONS :D :D 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 ETC ETC ;)

i no it would never work now with all the politics but doubt if there is a town in the country that has as many teams playing out of it as lurgan has. 

i realise this will never happen but if u had say two r three teams out of the 7 armagh teams u r still looking at a very strong side,  i would like to see the team if some1 actually got the time and sat down and selcted a team from say st peters clan eireann clan na gael st pauls eire og an wolft tones!
shazam

Goats Do Shave

I reckon Cross would still beat them....

mooncatiii

im not sayin they wouldn't beat them but if this was the way the teams had been cross would most definitely not have won 11 championships in a row! 

but my point is even with all the distractions of soccer and drink etc etc around lurgan there is alot of very talented footballers who if they all played on the same team would be a match for any team
shazam

full back

Quote from: mooncatiii on July 25, 2007, 02:27:44 PM
im not sayin they wouldn't beat them but if this was the way the teams had been cross would most definitely not have won 11 championships in a row! 

but my point is even with all the distractions of soccer and drink etc etc around lurgan there is alot of very talented footballers who if they all played on the same team would be a match for any team

Good point ::)

armaghniac

Sure within a 10 minute drive of Cross' centre you have Culloville, Silverbridge and Naomh Malachi, can Cross draw on players from these when playing the Lurgan superteam? Mind you Pints would not approve!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

el_cuervo_fc

sure why not just create 3 teams, north, mid and south.   plenty of people competing for places there.    ;)

illdecide

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on July 25, 2007, 04:11:27 PM
sure why not just create 3 teams, north, mid and south.   plenty of people competing for places there.    ;)

Why not put all 3 together and call them Armagh ;) :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

holylandsniper

QuoteSure within a 10 minute drive of Cross' centre you have Culloville, Silverbridge and Naomh Malachi, can Cross draw on players from these when playing the Lurgan superteam?
No Cross wouldnt agree, shur they wont want to be tapping into neighbouring clubs looking players... would they? ???

brokencrossbar1

QuoteNo Cross wouldnt agree, shur they wont want to be tapping into neighbouring clubs looking players... would they?

It is a fantastic network system that we have developed to spy on all the talent coming through the local primary schools.  Instead of our senior players sitting and whinging about things they head off to the local primary school and coach the young players during the week.  What this does is that it encourages the young kids subliminally to want to be like Aaron Kernan or Oisin McConville.  It also means that we can clock the young ones at an early age and start putting mind controllingpotions in their Ribena at lunch time to make them want to play for Cross.

Then when we have them in our grasp we full the full of weird beliefs that would not be out of place in Waco, things like they are good footballers and they can be the best in the county some day if they listen to our mantras enough. 

Then when they are good enough they can join the inner circle of the sect, this normally is only seen in public on match days.  Unfortunately some of the young ones are not good enough to get into this circle so rather than letting other teams get them , we cook them on an open fire and eat them, unless they are being fed to Francie and JD who eat them alive.

Once we have completely indoctrinated them they learn the chant "champions, champions, champions" but that is only after years of work that this can happen.

pintsofguinness

BC
QuoteIt is a fantastic network system that we have developed to spy on all the talent coming through the local primary schools.
I thought it was the underage county development squads that are your system.
What would any of yous think about a small club working hard with their young and when some of them make these underage development squads they are targetted by the much larger neighbouring club who use their "big names" to try and coax them away?

And bc will be on here in a few years with the line "they've played with us from underage..."

Topgun
Quotei think it could be time for the county board to seriously think of new league systems, try and improve the quality of club football overal in armagh, maybe an investigation into the kerry setup were u have a senior championship that is competed for on a club and divisonal basis, may be the way forward
The county board to think seriously about a new league system?  Are you serious? They can hardly manage to gather the weekends results together.
Most of the teams in division one go out at the start of year with the aim to avoid relegation, I'm not sure how you'd change that.  The championship set up is a bit of joke, teams in intermediate that shouldn't be, teams in senior that shouldn't be and so on. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

twotwocharlie

diesel there is not a club in armagh that wouldn,t take c c . but thankfully he,s only 21 and will see out the present management by quite a few years. what i don,t understand is he played the previous year with no problems.