Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

I'd have to agree with you benny.  we weren't at the races at all today.  It must be the worst we've played all year.  Maybe It'll give us the good kick we need.

stew

I am delighted with the news of a win over the Ogs, I just got off the phone with a former Ogs player and he was disgusted at the Ogs performance.
The Harps need all the wins we can get these days so well done boys. Rufus I look forward as ever to the report.  ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Goats Do Shave

Middletown never showed v Ballyhegan. :-\

Hank Everlast

Have been at a few ogs matches this year and seems like they play better without their county men! Thought Gerard Mc Donagh was first class at full forward for the Harps.

illdecide

Clans beat Porty by 3 or 4pts yesterday, the first half was a shocker which showed on the scoreboard Porty 0-4 Clans 0-2. The second half was much better from both sides some lovely points, Carville and Brian Mallon scored 2 cracker points each and Bumpy and Diarmaid likewise.
Clans def on their second half display should start to climb the table (hopefully) as for Porty well if they don't win the next 7 or 8 matches they will be where they belong. It's funny that after that match yesterday the banging on the changing room walls and singing that we heard in Maghery after the championship match was missing (maybe they forgot) ;) :D

well i'm sure we'll be swamped later by their posts (not), is it just me or has all the Porty lads gone AWOL from the board recently.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fcuksake

I thought the Harps played well yesterday and fully deserved the 2 points. Glad to see Harps line out at full strength with the exception of collie holmes.

I was dissapointed with the Ogs challenge. I have to disagree with the earlier poster in relation to the ogs being abetter team without the county men. IMO i thought both Andy Mallon & Paul Duffy played well.

Harps should have went in 5/6 points up at the interval. Paedar Toal & Kevin Kelly kicked great scores in the closing minutes. Did Joe Quigley score 4 or 5 points yesterday?

Noticed the Cross management at the game yesterday. they wont be to worried  now.

Anyway congrats to the players yesterday, hopefully this will give them a bit of encouragement to string a few victories together and climb the table.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: fcuksake on July 23, 2007, 09:44:17 AM
I thought the Harps played well yesterday and fully deserved the 2 points. Glad to see Harps line out at full strength with the exception of collie holmes.

I was dissapointed with the Ogs challenge. I have to disagree with the earlier poster in relation to the ogs being abetter team without the county men. IMO i thought both Andy Mallon & Paul Duffy played well.

Harps should have went in 5/6 points up at the interval. Paedar Toal & Kevin Kelly kicked great scores in the closing minutes. Did Joe Quigley score 4 or 5 points yesterday?

Noticed the Cross management at the game yesterday. they wont be to worried  now.

Anyway congrats to the players yesterday, hopefully this will give them a bit of encouragement to string a few victories together and climb the table.

I cant see the cross management coming away with anything useful from that match yesterday. 

charlie stubbs

anyone a list of weekend results

full back

Normally they are up on Orchard County by now, but still no sign of them Charlie

David McKeown

Annaghmore v Saint Michaels

Annaghmore can feel slightly aggrieved as they fell to their second straight one point defeat at home to Saint Michaels this past weekend.  Annaghmore started brightly with the opening score coming from an Owen McCormack free.  Saint Michaels levelled the match shortly afterward however it was Annaghmore who were getting on top around the middle of the field and scores from Seamus McConville and Martin Tennyson helped them to open up a 0-3 to 0-1 lead after 15 minutes.  This lead though seemed to spark the men from Newtownhamilton into life as they scored an unanswered1-3 in a 10 minute purple patch.  Credit though to Annaghmore who did not let their heads drop and by the time Owen McCormack scored his second point to cut St Michaels lead, Annaghmore were back on top.  Gavin McGilly restored parity to the score sheet with a fine goal on the turn just before half time.

The second half again started brightly for Annaghmore as Shane Smith scored with the first attack of the half.  At this stage Saint Michaels were looking ragged and their frustration began to show and although they managed to draw level again, it did not last long as Owen McCormack restored the home side's lead.  Things then seemed to go from bad to worse for Saint Michaels as they had their full forward red carded for striking off the ball.  This though seemed to fire Saint Michaels as they once again drew level.  At this stage the tensions were rising and the dismissal of first Daniel McCormack and then Gavin McGilly for a seemingly innocuous incident only added to the drama.  Despite being a man down Annaghmore once again took the lead through Shane Smyth and as full time approached and Saint Michaels had another man dismissed for what appeared another innocuous tackle, it looked like this might be the winning score.  However Saint Michaels had other ideas and they were able to draw level six minutes into injury time after the referee moved a free kick fully 30 yards from the sideline to right in front of the posts.  The reason for this move is somewhat unclear as no one was cautioned for any offence.  Despite having already played 36 minutes the drama was not to end there and after winning a 45, 9 minutes into injury time, the responsibility fell to the Saint Michaels goal keeper to try and winning the game for his side.  If he was feeling the pressure he didn't show it as he coolly slotted the ball between the posts.  The game though still didn't finish at this point and although Annaghmore had one last attack they were unable to break through the Saint Michael's rear guard. As a result Annaghmore once again missed out by the narrowest of margins as the game finished Annaghmore 1-7 Saint Michaels1-8.

Annaghmore Scorers

G McGilly 1-0, Owen McCormack 0-3, Shane Smith 0-2, Seamus McConville and Martin Tennyson 0-1 each
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: illdecide on July 23, 2007, 08:46:41 AM
Brian Mallon scored 2 cracker points

Alas, some good news!

How did he play?

winsamsoon

To be honest goats he came on and looked a wee bit unfit, but this is obviously to be expected. Howeve every time he got the ball he looked dangerous, scoring his points from long distance. It is great news that Brian is back because he is the kind of player that can create an opening in any  defence. This is what Armagh have been lacking this year, a real cutiing edge. I just hope all goes well for him on the road back.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

lurganblue

well done to the clans lads. back to the road to avoiding relagation. 4 points next weeked isnt impossible and thats obviously what you'll be after. who played well yesterday?

Louis the Red

Anyone got the updated tables?

illdecide

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on July 23, 2007, 11:31:48 AM
Quote from: illdecide on July 23, 2007, 08:46:41 AM
Brian Mallon scored 2 cracker points

Alas, some good news!

How did he play?

I agree with WSS, he made a diffrence when he came on at half time (it's hard to beat a bit of quality) and as i said he scored 2 nice points although he does look a bit on the heavy side (eating to much of his Da's beef :D)

By the way Mr Hearty wasn't to bad yesterday, he was fair enough with both teams
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch