Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Are the championship games to go ahead as scheduled now?

Uladh

el_cuervo_fc

They were down for the weekend of 20th - 22nd july.  but they've been put back a few weeks now.  no official date :(

full back

Why have they been put back now?
County Board are a f**king joke. Postpone games if Armagh progress, postpone games if Armagh dont progress-WTF do they want?

el_cuervo_fc

I dunno what the reason was.  we were told ours will not be for another few weeks now.   I definietly thought the county board would have liked to get it sorted instead of dragging the thing out

Spiritof98

Allowing time for the county players to integrate back into the clubs was 1 reason I heard today. Such shite.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Uladh

Sure whats the panic to play the championship now?midlde of august would be plenty of time

armaghniac

QuoteAllowing time for the county players to integrate back into the clubs was 1 reason I heard today. Such shite.

Why? As Uladh says there should be no massive panic to play the championship now. The county players have given great service in long hard seasons over the years, in this case giving them a couple of weeks off seems perfectly appropriate. Other players won't really have been expecting to play in July as the county qualifier games were so close together, unless they expected Derry to beat Armagh, in which case they should be celebrating skinning the bookies. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

illdecide

Who would be favourites to get relegated this year from the first Division, Porty look doomed and the second spot should go to ...................
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fcuksake

Quote from: Uladh on July 10, 2007, 04:30:15 PM
Sure whats the panic to play the championship now?midlde of august would be plenty of time

that would gave Cathal time to serve his suspension ;)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: illdecide on July 11, 2007, 12:26:33 PM
Who would be favourites to get relegated this year from the first Division, Porty look doomed and the second spot should go to ...................
culloville
Though I'd love to see clanns go down  :P
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

armaghniac

Armagh's exit doesn't help Culloville's case, as they have no county players but their opponents will now have their county players back.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

fcuksake

Quote from: illdecide on July 11, 2007, 12:26:33 PM

now that the county are out of the race for sam, Harps and Clans will have their county men back, so i would expect both to climb the table, with Cullaville & whitecross maybe fighting it out.

I think 15 pts would be sufficient to remain in div 1 next year.

Harps have only 8 games left. 5 at home 3 away

home V cross, cullaville, maghery, whitecross & portydown
away V ogs, dromintee & cullaville

to be honest I dont expect to get much from the away games , but we could win 4 of our 5 home games (cross excluded) i think that should keep us up. (I hope) ???
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Uladh

Quote from: fcuksake on July 11, 2007, 12:27:30 PM
that would gave Cathal time to serve his suspension ;)

As was pointed out, O'Rourke doesn't start for the droms any more anyway so i doubt if that'll have a major impact on things.

The club championship doesn't have much appeal this year. maybe its the inevitability of te result. personally, i'm more excited about the prospect of the closing stages o the derry and tyrone championships.

brokencrossbar1

QuoteThe club championship doesn't have much appeal this year. maybe its the inevitability of te result. personally, i'm more excited about the prospect of the closing stages o the derry and tyrone championships.

Maybe this is a year that the breakthrough will happen.  I haven't seen any of the teams this year but surely there has to be someone out there who can seriously challenge Cross. 

Obviously Og's beat them in the League and would fancy themselves in the championship if the met Cross.  Have Dromintee gone back that much?

Any possible dark horses, or is it simply going to be another run in for the boys?

In regards to the championship being delayed for a few weeks, this is the first year in a long time since Armagh were out this early.  The reality is that the Ulster Club does not start till October and there are only 3 rounds of senior games to complete in a period of about 12 weeks so there is no point starting it till the county players have readjusted to the club team, and maybe make them better equipped to challenge Cross.