Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 21, 2012, 10:37:50 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 20, 2012, 09:23:54 PM
Fitz you can bet as long as your arse hole looks down the teams needed to get the vital Pt's will do so, there will be a few teams not showing and a few W/O's handed out. However, anyteam that's in the position of waiting on other teams failing (Clans and Clann Eireann) have only themselves to blame for being in that position.

I'm sure you'll agree on that...
100% correct there. Still doesn't make it right though - Makes it harder to take! as long as these things aren't forgotten in the long run I suppose lol

Think Clans and Clann Eireann were officially relegated today anyway! With St Paul's and possibly St Peter's to replace them... How times have changed  :o

In these days of austerity, and with a view to producing a team that could challenge for Div 1 and the championship, which of the 4 teams above would be the most likely to merge?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

naka

two camlough teams in division 1 next year
derbys will be a bit of fun

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Orior on October 22, 2012, 01:07:37 PM
Fitz you can bet as long as your arse hole looks down the teams needed to get the vital Pt's will do so, there will be a few teams not showing and a few W/O's handed out. However, anyteam that's in the position of waiting on other teams failing (Clans and Clann Eireann) have only themselves to blame for being in that position.

100% correct there. Still doesn't make it right though - Makes it harder to take! as long as these things aren't forgotten in the long run I suppose lol

Think Clans and Clann Eireann were officially relegated today anyway! With St Paul's and possibly St Peter's to replace them... How times have changed  :o

In these days of austerity, and with a view to producing a team that could challenge for Div 1 and the championship, which of the 4 teams above would be the most likely to merge?
None. I'd say teams would sooner fold than amalgamate in Lurgan.
Quote from: naka on October 22, 2012, 02:03:18 PM
When's the last time they played each other? Have shanes ever been division 1?

topgun

Now the leagues are wrapping up, does anyone think the new structures have been a success?
a prophet is not recognised by his own

fitzroyalty

Quote from: topgun on October 22, 2012, 09:59:15 PM
Now the leagues are wrapping up, does anyone think the new structures have been a success?
I think it's been good, Division 2 and 3 are going down to the wire in terms of who gets promotion - St Peter's, St Paul's, Keady and Middletown are all in with a shout for the two promotion places. Same for Division 3 I think there's a winner takes all game to see who goes up. Also a winner takes all match to see who stays in Division 2.
Division 1 was pretty hectic in terms of who would go down from the bottom half though that has now been sorted. The top half has been riddled with cnf's but I suppose that's to be expected with teams who have retained their status and have nothing else to play for.
The only complaint would be fixtures which have been a shambles but I'm sure that can be worked on and rectified for next year.

naka

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 22, 2012, 09:50:40 PM
Quote from: Orior on October 22, 2012, 01:07:37 PM

None. I'd say teams would sooner fold than amalgamate in Lurgan.
Quote from: naka on October 22, 2012, 02:03:18 PM
When's the last time they played each other? Have shanes ever been division 1?

they played in division 3 a few years ago
one game won each

DownFanatic

Tell me this. Carrickcruppen and Shane O'Neills - how come there are two clubs so close to each other in the same village?

armaghniac

QuoteTell me this. Carrickcruppen and Shane O'Neills - how come there is two clubs so close to each other in the same village?

Political split in the 80s.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DownFanatic

Quote from: armaghniac on October 24, 2012, 10:47:53 PM
QuoteTell me this. Carrickcruppen and Shane O'Neills - how come there is two clubs so close to each other in the same village?

Political split in the 80s.

What was club called before?

armaghniac

According to Shane O'Neills website, Carrickcruppen was founded as a breakaway from Shane O'Neills in 1944, the latter folded in 1967.

The "united" Carrickcruppen was a big team in the late 70s,early 80s when they won 3 championships.
Shane O'Neills was refounded in 1984.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on October 24, 2012, 11:16:11 PM
According to Shane O'Neills website, Carrickcruppen was founded as a breakaway from Shane O'Neills in 1944, the latter folded in 1967.

The "united" Carrickcruppen was a big team in the late 70s,early 80s when they won 3 championships.

United indeed, plus the odd Poyntzpass player or two.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Pragmatist

I am now convinced that the naysayers have been right all along. For years I tried to promote the idea that we can improve players' decision-making on and off the ball, their movement off the ball, their positional sense, their timing of runs and their abilities to adapt to different game plans and attacking options. The truth is that for 90% of players we cannot!!
They bring with them their own inbuilt cerebral limitations for these skills and we can labour for as long as we want and convince ourselves we see glimmers of hope, but the fact is that they will revert to type more often than not.
Just get them as fit as possible, as well-conditioned as possible and as technically proficient as possible and forget the rest.

bennydorano

Quote from: armaghniac on October 24, 2012, 11:16:11 PM

Where do Geraldines fit in this?

DuffleKing

Geraldines were Cruppen seconds. Formed in the 80s when cruppen were very strong to give more lads football. The usual story ensued... lads capable of playing senior football but not arsed with the training opted to play with geraldines then families preferred brothers playing together and suddenly Geraldines had a couple of promotions

beat_er_in

Hi Killeavy Minors are getting her handy?