Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topgun

Any opinions on how many of JKs sons will be playing against Derry on Sunday heres my team

1 Hearty

2 Mallon            3.Donaghy                   4.McNulty   

5. Kernan          6. McGeeney              7. McKeever

8.Toner
                                                                       9. McGrane

10. O'Rourke      11. Marsden                 12. Toal

13 McDonnell      14. Mackin                   15. McConville
a prophet is not recognised by his own

Uladh

Tha looks like a decent team mackers but in reality the same 15 will play on sunday as played against donegal.

muldoon could be a bit of a problem child for armagh this week. i don't see an obvious candidate to pick him up.

topgun

armagh will just have to stop decent ball goin into him, donaghy is six foot cant let him clean catch, i think mckeever might have to pick bradley up, and we need to find scoring half forwards

winsamsoon

Muldoon is a pockle, he had one decent year and then hit the wall. Any high ball that goes into him should be 50 -50. Bradley is no were near match fit and with all that suspension shite hanging over him wll not want to know if kept to a minimum early on. Bradley is a good onethough and will warrant some attention. But lets be honest going on the performances of Derry this year in the championship Armagh should beat them comfortably. But we all know that they won't and they will struggle. Further Highlighting the fact that  Armagh won't win the all Ireland, although no teams are really standing out at the moment.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

lisdoon1

Top gun, Have you the slightest notion on football?

topgun

lisdoon1, ull find i do, donagy is six foot and wont let muldoon catch clean ball, andy mallon is very quick and an excellant man marker but lacks a bit of upper body strenght,  mckeever marked Stephen O'Neill very well a few years ago in an all ireland semi, that makes me think he might get the task of marking bradley, although enda is capble aswel. bradley is a class act and last week will have brought him on a good bit, remember form is temporary, class is permanent. with clarke out injured someone has to help mcdonnell (who from a derry point of view would hve to be picked up by lockhart), armagh play well with and are suited to having a target man on the edge of the square, mackin is more mobile than loughran, and has plenty of experience playing there, veron would do a job but he is awesome at coming on to the ball,  the half forward line that started against donegal, wont get the scores we need, toal will score from distance and his workrate is very good, he is an option for freekicks from the right hand side. a

Uladh

Quote from: topgun on July 03, 2007, 06:12:47 PM
lisdoon1, ull find i do, donagy is six foot and wont let muldoon catch clean ball, andy mallon is very quick and an excellant man marker but lacks a bit of upper body strenght,  mckeever marked Stephen O'Neill very well a few years ago in an all ireland semi, that makes me think he might get the task of marking bradley, although enda is capble aswel. bradley is a class act and last week will have brought him on a good bit, remember form is temporary, class is permanent. with clarke out injured someone has to help mcdonnell (who from a derry point of view would hve to be picked up by lockhart), armagh play well with and are suited to having a target man on the edge of the square, mackin is more mobile than loughran, and has plenty of experience playing there, veron would do a job but he is awesome at coming on to the ball,  the half forward line that started against donegal, wont get the scores we need, toal will score from distance and his workrate is very good, he is an option for freekicks from the right hand side. a

It was all going well til that

Armagh Exile

Anyone know the score of the Madden v St Enda's MFC game which took place last night at Madden?

twotwocharlie

topgun . mackin will fumble ball after ball  .re donegal game last attack and he drops the f**king ball. enough said.

illdecide

i think big Joe will play the same team as b4.

Hearty :'(
McNulty
Donaghy
Mallon
A Kernan
McGeeney
C McKeever (Pints mate)
McGrane
Toner
P McKeever
S Kernan (another one of pints mates) :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
O Rourke  :'(
McDonnell
Mars bar
McConville
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

David McKeown

Our game with Cruppen is off this Friday because of a wedding (I think)
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

winsamsoon

Some poor hoor is getting hitched. Was there not a ruling made by the county board setting out the conditions with which games could be called off. I don't remember seeing a wedding as one of the valid reason. ??? 8) :o :( >:( ;D :D ;) :)
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

full back

Quote from: Armagh Exile on July 03, 2007, 08:32:59 PM
Anyone know the score of the Madden v St Enda's MFC game which took place last night at Madden?

Heard Madden won, didnt hear score

pdown79

Tir Na Nog play maghery tonight in what could turn out to be a crucial match! I personally think that if we dont win tonight then we will get relagated as there is no play-off format this year and this has been our saviour in the last few years. We have a few players back from injury and suspension so hopefully we can put a couple of points on the board because we certainly need them! wont be easy though, maghery have a few good footballers and their forward line seem to be flying! but its a derby game and with us being at home, i think we'll win!

corn02

Illdecide you obviously are a man who loves seeing scores and doesn't appreciate all aspects of the game, this is the only reason you put that unhappy smiley beside O Rourke.