Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Spiritof98 on June 28, 2007, 08:50:45 AM
el curvo, were you at it, Ballyhegan must have improved seriously, remember the Harps bating them out the gate last year. Thought the Ogs B, sorry development squad had this one in the bag.

Thats because I was playing!!  :D

We've a lot of young fellas coming through & enjoying playing B football. It's Chalie McKeever's second year over the same group & he's introducing a lot of the younger fellas to senior football.

I think this team beat the Ogs in the B league this year also.

Candyman

where was the match played lastnite?? would have loved to have watched it, where the 2 mckeever twins playin???

full back

Quote from: topgun on June 26, 2007, 04:03:16 PM
Quote from: full back on June 26, 2007, 03:53:17 PM
It's not just teams in Armagh that have problems stopping Cross
To use them as an example is wide of the mark

sit you down

they are going for i dont no exactly 11/12 in a row this is a disgrace armagh football needs a strong competitive senior championship, for the benefit of both the county team and club football across the board

What a load of balls topgun.
Its a disgrace that Cross are going for x amount of titles in a row ::)
I suppose its a disgrace that they won 4 AI club titles in that period as well, the country need a competitive senior club championship ::)

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Candyman on June 28, 2007, 10:02:43 AM
where was the match played lastnite?? would have loved to have watched it, where the 2 mckeever twins playin???

I wasn't at it & waiting to hear the team, but Mark is ineligible as he played for the seniors this year.

Shane however, has been lining out centre half forward for the B's all year. & Playing very well (When he does the simple thing!!!)
- Could do with him in the seniors (If he'd stay committed)!!

mackers

As a lurker for a year or so now, I have read pints' comments on the St Pat's v Silverbridge melee. I was at the matches as a neutral with a "loose" connection to St Pat's (i.e. the in-laws) and ]fully agree with him on the thuggish behaviour of some the Cullyhanna boys was unacceptable and I also can't believe a right-minded committee could re-instate Casey as manager.  But I feel that it's fair to also draw people's attention to the fact that the Silverbridge no.12 tramped on two defenceless Cullyhanna players as they lay on the ground in the first match, seriously injuring both of them (one of them was a lad that I believe he spent a lot of time travelling up to college in Belfast with). And from where I was sitting in the second match the Silverbridge fans were all too keen to join in the fun on the pitch also.  So this notion that he's portraying that all the thugs were on the St Pat's side is laughable.

Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Spiritof98

Sunningdale for slow leaners ??? ???wtf
I'll go back if Marsdens back

David McKeown

Annaghmore drew with Tir Na Nog in the B league last night.  Tir Na Nog lead for most of the match despite playing against the wind in the first half.  However the wind died down in the second half and Annaghmore finished the stronger requiring Tir Na Nog to score with the last kick of the match to salvage a draw.  Probably a fair result even though Tir Na Nog came close with a number of goal chances.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

illdecide

Quote from: David McKeown on June 28, 2007, 11:23:51 AM
Annaghmore drew with Tir Na Nog in the B league last night.  Tir Na Nog lead for most of the match despite playing against the wind in the first half.  However the wind died down in the second half and Annaghmore finished the stronger requiring Tir Na Nog to score with the last kick of the match to salvage a draw.  Probably a fair result even though Tir Na Nog came close with a number of goal chances.

Where would you get up to date league tables for the B's so we can see who will go through???? The B tables would not be up to date the way the senior tables are but surly someone somewhere has them????
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Blue is the colour

Quote from: CelticWater on June 27, 2007, 10:50:26 PM
Any word on Dromintee v Culloville in the B's? who played well? Thinkin of making a return for Dromintee!
Culloville bet Dromintee by 6pts i tink, Culloville were always in control & Dromintee neva looked as if they would come back at any stage.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mackers on June 28, 2007, 10:55:13 AM
As a lurker for a year or so now, I have read pints' comments on the St Pat's v Silverbridge melee. I was at the matches as a neutral with a "loose" connection to St Pat's (i.e. the in-laws) and ]fully agree with him on the thuggish behaviour of some the Cullyhanna boys was unacceptable and I also can't believe a right-minded committee could re-instate Casey as manager.  But I feel that it's fair to also draw people's attention to the fact that the Silverbridge no.12 tramped on two defenceless Cullyhanna players as they lay on the ground in the first match, seriously injuring both of them (one of them was a lad that I believe he spent a lot of time travelling up to college in Belfast with). And from where I was sitting in the second match the Silverbridge fans were all too keen to join in the fun on the pitch also.  So this notion that he's portraying that all the thugs were on the St Pat's side is laughable.

A lurker for a year or so but you only feel the need to comment now?
THuggish behaviour of some Cullyhanna boys?  Hilarious!  It was one or two bad apples was it?
Silverbridge's number 12 stood on one player in the first game, offered his immediate apology and contacted him after the game to apologise again and inquire about him.  I'm led to believe it was accidental though if it wasn't he was totally wrong.
I'd love to know who the second player was?  If you're going to say Ciaran McKeever, don't bother, you're wrong and I've been through this with someone before who, similar to you, had about 5 posts on the board and went away when I challenged his nonsense.
If you want to talk about thuggery in the first match why don't you talk about Ciaran McKeever, in the first 30 seconds, sprinting 20 yards to run into the back of young Eugene Byrne (a minor at the time)!
Or you could mention Hoey being sent off after only being on a minute for hitting Gerard McGarvey (another minor at the time!) a thump in the balls?  Or was that more thuggery from the second game...I can't remember now...

And as for the silverbridge fans in the second match.  Um What did they do exactly? I don't recall any real reaction.  The only bridge men who reacted in the stand were the two who ran to shut the gates onto the field (after they were abandoned by the so called
stewarts).  I do recall the subs reacting when cormac McAvoy who was on his knees in front of the stand with the managers shirt to his face trying to stop the blood being attacked and his attacker then standing on the wire clearing his throat into the stand.  I wonder what some of his own club mates who were on the receiving end of his phlem thought of that.  Thankfully the subs, with encouragment from more senior club men, then showed as much maturity and dignity as our boys on the field. 
And tell me Mackers what you would have done if you seen lads from your club at 18, 19 and 20 years of age (like most of our boys that day) being assaulted in the manner they were?  I didn't think either sets of supporters could be faulted for their actions.

Cullyhanna were a disgrace that day and as far as I'd be concerned it was one of our clubs proudest.  None of your allegations will take away from that.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

diesel-smuggler

would love to know what is going on in the fixtures committee?

about 6 weeks ago cruppen called off a game against st.peters as a mark of respect to the death of a former player brian o'reilly, and had arranged to play them this friday night both clubs agreed and the fixtures committee had been informed.

then all of a sudden killeavey and st.peters agree to bring forward there game from sunday night til friday night and the fixtures committee agreed to this whenever we have agreed to play st. peters a couple of weeks ago!

STRANGE! leaving us behind in our fixtures by 5 games now!

mackers

Pints, I can honestly say I don't care enough about Cullyhanna to get into a slanging match with you, but there were several men on the field on the second day in suits fighting (in their suits as there was a Bridge wedding on that day). And yes the other victim of your No 12 was Ciaran McKeever, he tried to take the young lad out of it in front of me in the stand and when he was on the ground he was stamped on. Now you may say that he deserved it and fair enough, but what happened the other Cullyhanna lad was inexcusable. I had my 6 year old son at the match and NOTHING of what went on that day was pretty.
My reading of what happened the second day was that after the Bridge started to pull away in extra time your No 12 knew what was going to happen next, signalled to your bench that he was "injured" and when the Cullyhanna lads saw what was happening they wanted to get him before he went off. What happened after that should be an embarassment to the Cullyhanna club, and I know from speaking to a number of decent Cullyhanna men (there are some!) they think it is.

twotwocharlie

was at the game in question pints has it spot on.mackers  how do you sleep at night with your blinkers on.

mackers

twotwo, how many times have I to criticise the Cullyhanna men in my posts before you realise I have no blinkers. I was at the game as a neutral, I'm one of those dreaded "county first" men. No major loyalty to any club.
Your fascination with Silverbridge, however, has been questioned by Pints on previous pages.

full back

Been through all of this before
If you have been a lurker for so long mackers, why decide to bring it up now?