Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armagh leg-end

so with armagh playing on the 8th, and possibly playing on the next two sundays following, is the senior champsionship in armagh not going to be played to august?
Ard Mhacha Abu

maddog

Quote from: armagh leg-end on June 25, 2007, 04:47:03 PM
so with armagh playing on the 8th, and possibly playing on the next two sundays following, is the senior champsionship in armagh not going to be played to august?

Thats assuming we beat Derry...... ;)

fcuksake

If Armagh beat Derry on Sunday 8th, I think they would play their next match the following Saturday evening with the Ulster Final on the next day ???
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

diesel-smuggler

any results in the minor championship tonight?

cruppen beat middletown 2-11 to 0-10 in middletown! the old adage of a game of two halfs was used tonight! gale force wind blowing down the field favoured middletown in the first half, they led 0-7 to 0-2 at the interval.
in the second half cruppen had the wind and scored an impressive 2-9 to middletown's 3 points!

as regards cruppen being in the championship final - that sort of talk is utter nonsense and absurd! we take one game at a time and will be focusing on st.peters this friday night!

diesel-smuggler

full back - in response to your post regarding lads transferring to cruppen

the rooney's have lived all their lives in cloughreagh/bessbrook area but played for the bosco in newry because their father played for them! they are in the cruppen catchment area and want to join us! they went to school and grew up with alot of our players!

the only other player that joined cruppen was david kelly from clann eireann! david is married and has been living in camlough for the past couple of years, his in-laws are all cruppen people so he joined us this year! he has been a massive player for us so far this season!

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Minor Championship

Harps 5-11
Dromintee 2-5

Harps: As the score suggests they run away with the game but up until a period it was a rather tough and hard hitting affair, matters from a dromintee perspective got worse when their corner back/3rdmidfielder was straight redded for striking. It was all uphill from there and Harps finshed well.

Also,
Keady 3-11
Corrinshego 0-4
Its all about the Hurling.

Saran Man

Tullysaran minors beat Clan Na Gael tonight in fairly entertaining game in Davitt Park.  Sides were evenly matched in first half with Tullysara pulling away in the second.  Final Score Tullysaran 1-12 Clan Na Gael 1-7

diesel-smuggler

oliver plunketts beat st.peters 4-14 to 1-6

illdecide

Quote from: Saran Man on June 25, 2007, 11:39:15 PM
Tullysaran minors beat Clan Na Gael tonight in fairly entertaining game in Davitt Park.  Sides were evenly matched in first half with Tullysara pulling away in the second.  Final Score Tullysaran 1-12 Clan Na Gael 1-7

It wasn't a bad game with Saran def the better team, they deserved their win. Good crowd at the game and played in good spirits, the Saran have a fair chance of reaching the last four at least as they have some excellent footballers. My only concern about them is they are a bit on the small side and might struggle against some of the bigger teams but they sure as hell can play football and we wish them well in the rest of the tournament.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Not often the Clans are gracious in defeat illdecide - perhaps the referee's are onto something here  :P

Any word of the game from Sunday regarding not fielding?

Stranworst

Qub la la la, what do you think of your teams latest acquisition?

illdecide

Quote from: full back on June 26, 2007, 11:03:38 AM
Not often the Clans are gracious in defeat illdecide - perhaps the referee's are onto something here  :P

Any word of the game from Sunday regarding not fielding?

Well its like this FB you have to call a spade a spade, best team won. I will make that call all the time if we are beat by a better team i will say so, i read back several pages and it was a pure whining session about ref's. Like i said after this year when a certain group of players leave the team, things will change (regarding yapping at ref's etc etc)

Remember i did say Porty deserved to beat us in the senior championship as well.

I was asking the lads about this in the club last night and they did not know either, they said that Cross agreed to call the match off. so if thats the case i can't see us loosing the points if both teams agree not to play. But there's always to sides to a story and thats ours :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

diesel-smuggler

anyone read paddy heaney's article in todays irish news about referees?

seems every county has the same problems that we have!

topgun

All County B league imo the intentions are good, and to improve as a footballer you need to test urself against higher quality opposition, but imo the way forward is to create a reserve league with matches being played on the same day as the senior team, for example if all teams in their respective leagues/ divisions have two games on a sunday ie harps reserve team play their counterparts from crossmaglen at 1pm and the seniors play at 2 30pm, this imo would raise the standard of  football within each club and across the county, lord knows something has to be done.
a prophet is not recognised by his own