Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

I have said this before and I will say it again...referees do not win/lose games for teams.  They are an easy scapegoat for teams who through their own shortcomings are not coming up to scratch.  Cross have been on their fair share of bad decisions and good decisions but you find that over a period of time they even out.

Clans have a bad reputation for being a crow d of cryers on the field, with some moreso than others.  Maybe the ref should not single out players but there is nothing wrong with him stating in general that back chat will not be tolerated.  As someone who has been on the wrong side of many refs decisions I know what is like to have to bite my lip and get on with it.  Sometimes I don't and if i pay the price then so be it.

Before people blame refs look inside your own camps and you will see the reasons for failure and also if refs have a bias against your team you may also see the reason why.

illdecide

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 22, 2007, 03:47:19 PM
I have said this before and I will say it again...referees do not win/lose games for teams.  They are an easy scapegoat for teams who through their own shortcomings are not coming up to scratch.  Cross have been on their fair share of bad decisions and good decisions but you find that over a period of time they even out.

Clans have a bad reputation for being a crow d of cryers on the field, with some moreso than others.  Maybe the ref should not single out players but there is nothing wrong with him stating in general that back chat will not be tolerated.  As someone who has been on the wrong side of many refs decisions I know what is like to have to bite my lip and get on with it.  Sometimes I don't and if i pay the price then so be it.

Before people blame refs look inside your own camps and you will see the reasons for failure and also if refs have a bias against your team you may also see the reason why.

BC1 you are correct in what you are saying to a certain point, we have slabbers in our team who i would like to thump never mind the opposition (or refs) and it is true that them 3-4 guys ruin it for the rest of us and give us a bad name throughout the county. And if we sat here long enough you guys could name the same 3-4 men who year after year continue their slabbering and crying. But that will be changing very very soon but what i'm getting at is the rest of us will have to suffer in the meantime.

Anyway enough about refs for now, even i've got fed up with it. Wouldn't it be some craic if i got sent off on Sunday (if selected)

Good luck over the weekend everyone who has a game (except Cross, because we need the luck for that one)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armagh leg-end

are the county players playing for their clubs this weekend?
Ard Mhacha Abu

winsamsoon

Pint understands were i am coming from when i said about the rougher fooball being played in South Armagh so you would think there would be more cards shown in South Armagh but we have six in four games. Do you see all you guys who continually mouth about the clans bringin it on themselves. Well i never once claimed we were totally innocent or the 6 reds were all unjustified. Referees are coming into our games with a bias. They should enter each game with an open mind and start it as if from scratch. The same happens with the county team when they have the misfortune of getting john Bannon. The man never gives free kicks to Armagh and he punishes them for tackles which are legal you all know this. The issue of Mc Kee, and personally i couldn't care less if it is slander he did the deed and that is a fact, I still haven't heard a reason for the penalty Dromintee got. I am not speaking of this topics again because i too feel it has gone on long enough.  But watch this space for a referee getting laid out like a dusty rug some sunday.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Armagh Exile

The two Clans men sent to the line on Wednesday night got two straight Red cards therefore they will be out for a month each at least.

corn02

f**k yous Clans ones are fairly living up to your cry baby reputation, the game was thrown haha yeah right catch a grip you morons.

twotwocharlie

too many players watching the premiership and them shower of crying cnuts. gaa it's a mans game so shut the fcuk up and get on with it.

pintsofguinness

QuotePint understands were i am coming from when i said about the rougher fooball being played in South Armagh so you would think there would be more cards shown in South Armagh but we have six in four games.
What? I did not say that, I said I was understanding your position until you brought that nonsense about south armagh teams being rougher into it.  To make such a statement is just silly! 

Referees are atrocious at the minute.  It's hard to believe that some of them don't go out with a bias. 

BC
QuoteI have said this before and I will say it again...referees do not win/lose games for teams.
THat's silly too bc, of course referees can cost games.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armagh Exile

Any results of tonight's League games?

Armagh Exile

Division Two Result
Ballymacnab 1-7
Granemore 1-10

corn02

Harps 1-10 Dromintee 10  , Swift superb.

Aghdavoyle

No complaints from us tonight, our lads just weren't good enough. easily our worst performance since the first day of the season. that said, only a soft goal was the difference in the end

say nothin

Harps 1-10
Dromintee 1-10

Agree with ye on the goal, but why was Cathal O'Rourke left on the bench until h-time ???

7 attempts 7 points (6 frees) - Dromintee missed a couple of handy frees in the 1st half which I'm sure he would have pointed. saying that I have to congratulate Harps tonight, who I thought played with a bit of heart.

Gerard McDonagh at FF won every ball, while swift commanded the middle and knocked over an excellent point. I thought the defence worked hard with Jungle and Marty Gill either winning or breaking every ball in the 2nd half, and also chucky morris must have covered every blade of grass. Joe Quigley was back to his usual selve.

Harps seemed to want to win the 50/50 ball more.

Thank god for 2 needed points ;D ;D

Bring on the Bawn on Sunday

say nothin

Also

Ogs destroyed Tir na nOg (10 points or so)

twotwocharlie

anyone know if silverbridge were playing last nite