Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh Exile

Win,
Did the referee see the alleged action by the Whitecross player?  And if so, what action did he take?
Was this incident as bad as has been alleged?

Sidelined

From what I heard it wasn't such a big deal. The Whitecross player grabbed his own lunch box and with everything inside the shorts he jiggled at the Clan's bench, who were their usual whinning selves. Still it is not something to condone.
But is it just me or is it the further north in Armagh you go the bigger cryers the team usually are?

winsamsoon

sideline and full back this is a message baord for local sport, yes? so we are merly raising local sporting issues. There would  no whinning done if referees would do the fukcing games correctly. Our lads train every bit as hard as any other team and would simply request a fair crack of the whip. I know referees make mistakes and this just has to be taken on the chin and move on. However there is blatant cheating going on. I wouldn't expext you two guys to undersatnd it becasue you don't witness it week in week out. If i were reading posts continually highlighting this i would probably feel the same as you guys. I would be convinvced that the team in question must not be entirely innocent, which we are not but i can tell for a team to receive 6 red cards in 4 games in a disgrace. This kind of thing is unheard of in Armagh football, not even division four has experienced this and things are a lot loser down there concerning discipline. It has got to the stage where our team is actually demoralized going out onto the field becasue we know we are playing 16 men every week.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Uladh

Interesting that when incidents occur in club matches, new posters appear to refute everything. speaking last night to a fella at the match, who was in the firing line so to speak, and the whitecross player had his lad out all right. people at the game were disgusted and more than 2 or 3 fathers of children present went looking for the player after the game.

Shocking carry on and as someone pointed out, its an issue for our brand new friends in the psni.

Uladh

Where do you think this has originated?

is it all a big conspiracy?

do you think that various referees at various referee meetings over the course of the last two years telling each other in whispered tones the amount of abuse they got last week from the clans has any bearing on prejudicing officials before they get out of the car?

full back

I didnt see the 6 red cards, so I cant comment on them.
But can someone tell me that all 6 were incorrect?
All of the referees cant get it wrong. Perhaps referees are starting to apply the rules & it affects Clans more than other teams ie f**king the ref off etc
I have sympathy for the Clans now, in that it is going to be a hard reputation to get shot off, where referees are concerned

pintsofguinness

QuoteI didn't say whitecross were hard hitting i said south Armagh teams in general are renowned for being hallions on the field. From a north Armagh perspective anyway.

I was understanding your position until then.

What were these 6 reds for?
1 yous said yourselves was deserved against whitecross
1 was for acting agressively towards a ref - we've player serving suspension for the same thing

2 more in the championship for fighting?

what else?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

illdecide

Quote from: Uladh on June 22, 2007, 12:59:45 PM

Where do you think this has originated?

is it all a big conspiracy?

do you think that various referees at various referee meetings over the course of the last two years telling each other in whispered tones the amount of abuse they got last week from the clans has any bearing on prejudicing officials before they get out of the car?

Uladh, as i said before a few pages back how can a ref justify before a game (and his first time refeering the clans) saying if a certain player opens his mouth he will send him off. Its obvious that either he went and watched us playing and seen/heard this certain player giving out or other ref's have been saying to him watch out for that w****r ?????? he's a slabber get him off.

When J Slevin was approached after the Bawn game by one of our players, our player said to him "you's ref's are going to put our team out of business (you know what i mean) and his answer to that was "wouldn't that be great"

Another quote from ref K McNeice "i'm sick of you's Clans men" and then went on to book many players afterwards whilst smiling in the process.

It was talked about the other night and the Clans have several players on the wrong side of 30 who refuse to play on after this year due to the standard of refeering towards the Clans, when quite clearly these men could carry on for another few years.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 22, 2007, 01:29:12 PM
QuoteI didn't say whitecross were hard hitting i said south Armagh teams in general are renowned for being hallions on the field. From a north Armagh perspective anyway.

1 was for acting agressively towards a ref - we've player serving suspension for the same thing

what else?

3 reds were deserved and 3 were not: that simple

the 2 clowns sent of in the championsip for fighting (deserved)
the player against Whitecross for 2 yellas (Deserved)
The other guy who was sent off against Whitecross was angry about a free given against him, that happens every game with every team. Remember the ref admitted he was wrong!!
And the other 2 were sent off for nothin short of being biased after the Bawn game.

And i do agree with Full back this is only gonna get worse because the more it's talked about by ref's the worst its gonna get.

armaghniac

Illdecide, this is slander, I suggest you edit your post. Moderator I suggest you remove it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laughinpaddy

Quote from: illdecide on June 22, 2007, 02:27:02 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 22, 2007, 01:29:12 PM

what else?

3 reds were deserved and 3 were not: that simple

the 2 clowns sent of in the championsip for fighting (deserved)
the player against Whitecross for 2 yellas (Deserved)
The other guy who was sent off against Whitecross was angry about a free given against him, that happens every game with every team. Remember the ref admitted he was wrong!!
And the other 2 were sent off for nothin short of being biased after the Bawn game.

And i do agree with Full back this is only gonna get worse because the more it's talked about by ref's the worst its gonna get.

P.S. remember our semi final against Dromintee 2 years ago when a certain bookie in Armagh took a £3000 bet on Dromintee to beat the clans.  :o :o

Thats just pure and utter nonsense, how can this be proved?
Just because Dromintee, who two years ago were probably the 2nd best team in the county, defeated the clans who were in division 2 two years ago, does not give evedience that the game was refereed unfairly! for financial gain.  if that were the case then why was there not an inquiry into it at the time?
pure and utter speculation.
I ain't gettin on no plane!

illdecide

Maybe that was a bit over the top :'(. And it will never be proved ::). So i was prob wrong to state names :-\, there you go!!

Sorry for ruffling a few feathers there :D :D

Uladh

Full back & laughin paddy ... get your quotes edited there for the sake of the board.

Thats a laughable accusation anyway illdecide, you were beaten fair and square. i suppose mckee missed the three frees in the last 2 minutes, any of which would've given you a replay?

full back

As I said before, the lads from Lurgan have a complex
Us against the world & all that - wonder will any players get sent off on Sunday because of referees being bias against the Clans?

umgolaarmagh

Jesus Christ never seen so much crying over referees

The storys are that convincing that Hollywood might be interested in producing a film

Die Hard 5 - Relegated again!!!