Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ogshead

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 11, 2012, 10:11:28 AM
Jersey design has been awful since 2001 so we should be well used to it.

Bring back the collar.

I was not at the match but from the pictures the jersey looks more or less the same as the last one

Applesisapples

Quote from: ogshead on January 11, 2012, 11:44:47 AM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 11, 2012, 10:11:28 AM
Jersey design has been awful since 2001 so we should be well used to it.

Bring back the collar.

I was not at the match but from the pictures the jersey looks more or less the same as the last one
Its a shit colour of Orange, too light.

AFS

People used to complain that the last one was too dark, and looked almost red. Hard to please every one.

Applesisapples

Quote from: AFS on January 11, 2012, 05:54:41 PM
People used to complain that the last one was too dark, and looked almost red. Hard to please every one.
Certainly is but the last two jerseys have strayed from the traditional orange, this could be to do with the need to register a colour which other counties or clubs can't use. As an aside it's a pity the Morgan logo jersey worn by the team is only available to fans with connections. It's better than the replica.

Orior

What annoys me is the blue and orange combination.

I much preferred when it said Morgan Fuels in black or white font.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Haven't seen any word on this game anywhere on the Armagh threads, Middletown play Effin in the inter club hurling semi final this weekend. Best wishes on their match and i hope they do well. Up against a tough Limerick team but Middletown have certainly come on in recent years and this can only be good for Armagh hurling.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

fitzroyalty

I take it Middletown and Keady will both be senior next year? Who'll be intermediate in Armagh then? No one? Good luck to them anyway.

Applesisapples

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 21, 2012, 02:18:04 PM
I take it Middletown and Keady will both be senior next year? Who'll be intermediate in Armagh then? No one? Good luck to them anyway.
Cuhullains probably.

Milltown Row2

Middletown doing well, winning the first half, 1-9 to 0-5.

Strong breeze to play against in second half though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rufus T Firefly

Apologies, but I've just seen this comment.

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 09, 2012, 03:00:10 PM
I'd be more worried about the performance, so much for the return of the prodigal.

I'd hazard a guess that if you're going to make a judgement about the 'prodigal' on the basis of the first match - a McKenna Cup game with half a team - then it's likely your opinion of the prodigal had already been formed, irrespective of any football played.

Kid Twist

How did Middleton game finish up?

onefaircounty

Milltown Row2

Won by 6 or 7, scored two goals in second half inside a minute which won it for them. Croke Park here they come

ogshead

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 22, 2012, 02:28:33 PM
Middletown doing well, winning the first half, 1-9 to 0-5.

Strong breeze to play against in second half though

Well done Middletown today!! great stuff!! To answer an earlier question... Keady and Middletown play for the right to enter the Ulster Senior Club Championship as well as win the Armagh Senior Championship but Cuchulianns are still able to compete in this as well. Difference is that if successful they can only enter Ulster Intermediate club Championship

Applesisapples

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on January 22, 2012, 02:43:41 PM
Apologies, but I've just seen this comment.

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 09, 2012, 03:00:10 PM
I'd be more worried about the performance, so much for the return of the prodigal.

I'd hazard a guess that if you're going to make a judgement about the 'prodigal' on the basis of the first match - a McKenna Cup game with half a team - then it's likely your opinion of the prodigal had already been formed, irrespective of any football played.
Quite the reverse, I have no issue with Paul Grimley, just the hype that surrounded his failure in the past to secure the main job. I will judge him and his influence on the way the team evolves this year. But a crucial indicator for me would be the return of Stephen Kernan to the panel given his form for Cross.