Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pearseog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2011, 05:41:50 PM
Aye and they played with a cabbage too, 25 aside and there were hills on the pitch

Sounds good, the nab could have been doing with 10 extra players today!
O'Neills Therapist

fitzroyalty

What a disappointing result. I can sympathise with the Nab because they did to us in the QF what Cross did to them today today - simply froze on the occasion and didn't play to their potential.

The Nab were never in it. In the first half they'd about a handful of scoring chances and took only one. Cross with a strong enough breeze had plenty and took nearly all of them, showed no mercy. The second half was more of the same. Left early.

On an aside that puke making constant announcements over the tannoy gave me a right headache listening to him read every word out from the programme  >:(

ogshead

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 16, 2011, 06:00:13 PM
What a disappointing result. I can sympathise with the Nab because they did to us in the QF what Cross did to them today today - simply froze on the occasion and didn't play to their potential.

The Nab were never in it. In the first half they'd about a handful of scoring chances and took only one. Cross with a strong enough breeze had plenty and took nearly all of them, showed no mercy. The second half was more of the same. Left early.

On an aside that puke making constant announcements over the tannoy gave me a right headache listening to him read every word out from the programme  >:(

I can remember a couple of years ago they kept making announcements while the ball was in play or when players were taking free kicks... very irritating!!

bennydorano

Congrats to Harps Minors, 5th Minor title in 9/10 years, that's good going, especially pleasing in that 3 of those teams won little or nothing at various underage levels before winning the minor title.

Thought today's final scoreline of 3.11 to 12 was very flattering to us tbh, we played pretty poorly overall.  I suppose it's the sign of decent side that we can win while playing poorly.  I've often thought the Ogs raise their game at the sight of us and we tend to be very wary when we play them even when we have a superior team.  Some great performances from young Rory McGrath, Shea Grimley and Conor White, but overall very disjointed, plenty to work on and a lot more required if we are to make any impact in the Ulster minor.

armaghniac

There were questions about the Cross midfield, McKenna got MOM. With the ball not passing midfield 'Nab couldn't use their forwards. I'd have given the 'Nab goalie MOM!
As for records, goals aside no team managed more than 16 points in an Armagh final before today.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

crossfire

Quote from: Maroon1 on October 13, 2011, 05:34:25 PM
Why all the concern over nabs defence....cross defence arent great and are quite sluggish, i think they will really struggle to keep up with the nabs pacy forwards resulting in pulling and dragging from them and frees being awarded which should be easily converted by mccone, grugan and mcparland!!

:) :)

ogshead

Quote from: crossfire on October 16, 2011, 08:04:28 PM
Quote from: Maroon1 on October 13, 2011, 05:34:25 PM
Why all the concern over nabs defence....cross defence arent great and are quite sluggish, i think they will really struggle to keep up with the nabs pacy forwards resulting in pulling and dragging from them and frees being awarded which should be easily converted by mccone, grugan and mcparland!!

:) :)

I think that is the last we hear from Russell Grant and his prediction!!

Armaghgael

If in doubt.......take man and ball!

BerfArmagh

Bit of an annihilation today, The nab were just completely out of their depth. A great achievement reaching the final, but they were lambs to the slaughter, cross were very clinical, should be a good game against the Galls.... Well done to the harps minors

illdecide

Very impressed with Cross today...just when u think Cross are labouring along and are there for the taking they just wipe the floor with you. Whats bred into them lads from they're no age at all is impressive, the winning mentality and the right attitude is what wins them men the titles they've won. Grugan and McParland never got a sniff today as they had men hanging out of them and were not allowed the freedom and space they have been getting in the previous rounds, McKenna and Hanratty in the middle lorded it and when Cross got a chance they took it...i feel a bit for the Nab guys as the shoe was on the other foot not that long ago and it's not a nice feeling, that defeat will either galvanise them and make them even more hungry to come back next year and prove that they're not that bad or they will crumble and fall away???

Milltown you're barking up the wrong tree if u think that crying to BCB will work and that the Cross men will heed your tactic's of writing of St Galls ;) :D. Should be a good game...looking forward to that and hopefully the City men will get a we taste of what Cross dished out today :o
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on October 16, 2011, 09:59:59 PM
Very impressed with Cross today...just when u think Cross are labouring along and are there for the taking they just wipe the floor with you. Whats bred into them lads from they're no age at all is impressive, the winning mentality and the right attitude is what wins them men the titles they've won. Grugan and McParland never got a sniff today as they had men hanging out of them and were not allowed the freedom and space they have been getting in the previous rounds, McKenna and Hanratty in the middle lorded it and when Cross got a chance they took it...i feel a bit for the Nab guys as the shoe was on the other foot not that long ago and it's not a nice feeling, that defeat will either galvanise them and make them even more hungry to come back next year and prove that they're not that bad or they will crumble and fall away???

Milltown you're barking up the wrong tree if u think that crying to BCB will work and that the Cross men will heed your tactic's of writing of St Galls ;) :D. Should be a good game...looking forward to that and hopefully the City men will get a we taste of what Cross dished out today :o

Look Cross have won so much and are current All Ireland Champions, they are a great team, no crying from me at all. We haven't beat them and after last year I'd say we are still way behind them.

We only managed to beat Lamhs by 3 in the county final so again I'm not trying to blow smoke up BCB arse. Do you think it will be a big surprise if Cross win?

Besides nothing is won on a discussion board FFS ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

illdecide

Milltown i'm only winding u up FFS...take a chill pill

AFS

Very sorry display from Ballymacnab. Outside of their outstanding keeper, they hadn't a single player that showed up on the day. A real pity for a club that evidently put in a lot of work around the place in preparation for the day.

Not that it would have made a blind bit of difference to the result, but if the Nab had've been set up a bit cuter they could've kept the score down a bit. They should've crowded the middle and their defence playing into that breeze in the first half. Instead they naively went man to man in defence and left their best players scratching their holes while the game was played up the other end of the pitch. Cross were out of sight before the Nab players had time to catch a breath.

Cross won their four championship games this year by an average of 16 points. I hope they win the AI to mollify that pretty depressing statistic at least a bit.

illdecide

I thought the only 2 Nab players that came out of the game with a we bit of pride was the goalie and their no 7 (baldy guy "Beagen" i think his name)