Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2011, 05:06:11 PM
Ogs would have given ya's a better game, but sure we've done fcuk all for 5 weeks, think I'll take some of that 2/1 Paddy Power are offering on ya's ;)

I'm sure you will :P

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Final score 2-22 to 0-3. Embaressing is not the word.

Milltown Row2

Was Marron1 about?  He'll be away off to Hoganstand now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 16, 2011, 05:19:33 PM

Blackwatertown Shamrocks are happy their 121 year record of heaviest defeat in the senior championship final is now gone!
O'Neills Therapist

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: hardstation on October 16, 2011, 05:23:42 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 16, 2011, 05:19:33 PM
That may be because it is not a word.

Piss off, I have a hang over!

ogshead

Just checked county final scores from over the years... by far this is a record winning margin or losing margin, whichever way you want to look at it. Closest to it where Cross' victory over Clans in '96 by 14 points, followed by their victory over Madden by 13 in '98 and Clans over Maghery by 13 in '93.

ogshead

My error... I didn't even look at the first scoreline on the list!!

Quote from: ogshead on October 16, 2011, 05:29:18 PM
My error... I didn't even look at the first scoreline on the list!!

Yes still it was 23 points, the record is now 25 points - crazy - doesn't really say much for Armagh football, or maybe it just confirms the dominance of Cross!
O'Neills Therapist

DuffleKing

Couldn't fault the nab defence though...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 16, 2011, 05:32:08 PM

Couldn't fault the nab defence though...

Surprised they didn't throw in the towel at halftime. Cross should hammer us now after that result.

Favourites for the game and played like favourites should, Could be a Halloween Nightmare again for us against cross :(

TacadoirArdMhacha

As an historical aside, I'm not sure we can compare with Blackwatertown's horror show with today's result given that back then a goal outweighed any number of points I think. A goal wasn't worth a set value of points.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 16, 2011, 05:40:09 PM
As an historical aside, I'm not sure we can compare with Blackwatertown's horror show with today's result given that back then a goal outweighed any number of points I think. A goal wasn't worth a set value of points.

Aye and they played with a cabbage too, 25 aside and there were hills on the pitch