Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon1

Yeah u would know alot about football duffleking!!

thewanderer

i have to agree with duffle nabs strength is mid-field and forward line. i would worry about their defence against cross,s strongest part of their team.

Maroon1

Why all the concern over nabs defence....cross defence arent great and are quite sluggish, i think they will really struggle to keep up with the nabs pacy forwards resulting in pulling and dragging from them and frees being awarded which should be easily converted by mccone, grugan and mcparland!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Maroon1 on October 13, 2011, 05:34:25 PM
Why all the concern over nabs defence....cross defence arent great and are quite sluggish, i think they will really struggle to keep up with the nabs pacy forwards resulting in pulling and dragging from them and frees being awarded which should be easily converted by mccone, grugan and mcparland!!

You're probably right there, I reckon this will be a lot closer than people think and the Nab forwards are going to be too quick for us, particularly our FB line which has been dodgy for years.  I think we will win but if the Nab are close with 5 to go I reckon they'll nick it. 

DuffleKing

Maroon1

So duffleking your clubs defence must be top drawer given the fact they arent even in the final.....yeah they must be real tight, there isint much passes them!!  loser!

Goats Do Shave

If Gavin McParland can get enough ball He'll give Paul Kernan a torrid time in fairness.

RealSpiritof98

Maroon1 Baboon1 would you chill out ffs, you can squabble with your parish neighbours all you want over whos the best in cill clowna but this is a discussion thread and duffleking was merely giving his opinion on your defence which you can agree or disagree. A solid comeback of proof of holding a good granemore forward line in the semis might have been a bit classier.

ogshead

Quote from: Maroon1 on October 14, 2011, 08:34:52 AM
So duffleking your clubs defence must be top drawer given the fact they arent even in the final.....yeah they must be real tight, there isint much passes them!!  loser!

Your gonna get a shock on Sunday... the upside is that we might never hear from you again after Sunday!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 14, 2011, 07:14:17 AM
Lol. Good man bc

I just call it as I see it duffle, I always have.  I am not sayiing we're not favourites but Ballymacnab will be very hard to beat. 

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 14, 2011, 09:57:19 AM
Lol. Good man bc

I just call it as I see it duffle, I always have.  I am not sayiing we're favourites but Ballymacnab will be very hard to beat.

So who ARE the favourites then?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 14, 2011, 10:47:05 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 14, 2011, 09:57:19 AM
Lol. Good man bc

I just call it as I see it duffle, I always have.  I am not sayiing we're favourites but Ballymacnab will be very hard to beat.

So who ARE the favourites then?

Changed

Maroon1

Ogshead do i detect a wee bit of jealousy on your behalf there, maybe the fact the the we are in the final and not u,  the fact that the 'wee' country team up the road who u used to beat time and time again at underage level and laugh at are now in fact better than u, would i be right in saying that?

Ok u won a final a few years ago, whoppy do, about time given the pick that u have but unforntunately for u it will be a long time before u win another...so hold onto your memories my good friend, 2009 has been and gone, probably be another 17years plus looking at your curent crop!!;-) ;-)

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Maroon1 on October 14, 2011, 11:08:00 AM
Ogshead do i detect a wee bit of jealousy on your behalf there, maybe the fact the the we are in the final and not u,  the fact that the 'wee' country team up the road who u used to beat time and time again at underage level and laugh at are now in fact better than u, would i be right in saying that?

Ok u won a final a few years ago, whoppy do, about time given the pick that u have but unforntunately for u it will be a long time before u win another...so hold onto your memories my good friend, 2009 has been and gone, probably be another 17years plus looking at your curent crop!!;-) ;-)

Of course the Ogs are jealous, every club, including my own, wants to be in the final but thanks to some fine performances and a kind draw, its Ballymacnab who have made it this year.

What that doesn't change however is that that many people, including myself, hold the genuine belief that Crossmaglen will win this match comfortably. Now I will be delighted to be proved wrong but I suspect that on Monday you will wishing you'd carried yourself with a little more grace.

Or in short, wise up and stop embarrassing yourself and your club.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Maroon1 on October 14, 2011, 11:08:00 AM

You really are a moron.