Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

The Bawn's pitch is new so i expect the drainage to be good and it is on high ground so i don't expect the rain to affect that match. Surely the rain has to stop some time :'(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

lads that's not rain that's a monsoon season we get more and more like India everyday  :) popadoms anyone.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

diesel-smuggler

would be good if pitches could be inspected around 3 or 4 o'clock if this heavy rain persists! forecasts suggests that this weather will continue for the rest of today but sure who is to know????

if pitches where inspected and reported on here then that way anyone wishing to travel to games tonight would know in advance whats games are on or off

only a suggestion!!

most new grounds now have excellent drainage in place to deal with torrential rain that we had over the last 2 days - our pitch was in great condition last night. maybe the water service should get prunty to do the storm drains round belfast!  :D  ;) :D ;) :D ;)

Shooter

Even if it does stop raining for a few hours will it really make much of a difference?

Armagh Exile

According to the League Regulations any club which has a doubt about the playability of their pitch must have it inspected by a referee or independent member of the County Board.
This must be done FOUR hours prior to the starting time of the game.

full back

Was there a rule brought in that if your own pitch isnt playable the opposing team can stage the fixture at their ground?

diesel-smuggler

winsamsoon - i hope your not jade goody in disguise coming out with those rascist remarks towards the members of the indian community! hahaha

High Catch

Are the County players available for their clubs tonight?

Candyman

Vernon and Toal playing for Harps with Lavery and Forker also playing for maghery..... unsure about any others!!!

diesel-smuggler

full-back yes that rule is in place providing after an inspection by an independent member of the competitions controls committee the secretary of the home club must contact the secretary of the county board and the secretary of the fixtures committee and then they will determine whether or not the fixture will be reversed!

i am presuming off course that this can only occur during the first round of the league fixtures! could be wrong though

diesel-smuggler

candyman find that hard to believe as we where not allowed to play paul keenan on tuesday night!

Candyman

as they say... from the horses mouth!!! (Harps obviously but cannot confirm 100% about maghery lads) ::)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: twotwocharlie on June 15, 2007, 09:23:09 AM
killeavy v st pats tonite. both will probably will be playing div 1 football next year.
st pats look good for imd championship.
Aye and the rest of us hope to avoid relegation.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

full back

Quote from: twotwocharlie on June 15, 2007, 09:23:09 AM
killeavy v st pats tonite. both will probably will be playing div 1 football next year.
st pats look good for imd championship.

'Cruppen & the 'Bridge might have something to say about the league & I would say the Blues, Whitecross & the Tones would beg to differ about the Championship

winsamsoon

Jade goodie  :) diesel smuggler i liked that one. I think in a way we are all racist according to the world today you can say nothing. lies craic.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.