Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExcellentDriver

btw, I went to Uni with a fella from Ballymacnab. He's now working in Dublin. I also know the Mum of a few Ballymacnab Camogie Players.

Doubt they'd beat Cross, but who knows?
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

fitzroyalty

4-2 to Cross after 16 mins (BBC twitter).

Great win last night for the Nab. Hungrier team won. Felt after the first goal went in G'more heads dropped.

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 25, 2011, 06:58:01 PM
Pearse Og had a penalty in the first 2 mins but it was poorly struck. 2nd half just started and there is a lot of off the ball stuff happening from both sides. Cross leading 7-5 with 36 mins gone.

What's that mean? surely not. Not the form of Cross so Pearse Og's should be kicked out ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Scrappy enough game and the ref liked his whistle at times. Hearty denied Ogs in the penalty and at the start of the second half, without a goal they were on the back foot throughout.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armaghgael

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on September 25, 2011, 02:01:17 PM
Quote from: Shortso79 on September 25, 2011, 12:13:33 PM
Result from last Night

Ballymacnab 2-11 Granemore 0-11

Anyone at the match ?

A good second half display from Ballymacnab, well apart from the first ten minutes where they were 4 points down. The Ballymacnab full forward line was very dangerous. They seemed to win every ball that was put into them.

Grugans pass for the first goal was brilliant. Cut the defence right open.

The game was surprisingly clean given the rivalry. Fair play to Ballymacnab they were the better team on the night and fully deserved their victory

Granemore were the better team for 50 mins of the but to many boys didn't perform on the night for them with only 3 standing out for them
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

pearseog

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 25, 2011, 10:08:14 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on September 25, 2011, 09:44:24 PM
Scrappy enough game and the ref liked his whistle at times. Hearty denied Ogs in the penalty and at the start of the second half, without a goal they were on the back foot throughout.
The referee I thought was brutal. He gave the early penalty to Pearse Óg while he was in the centre of the field and in the second half he made what I saw was at least two calls in favour of Crossmaglen that shouldn't have been, one was for a Pearse Óg forward lifting the ball off the ground when (a) he didn't, and (b) he wouldn't have been able to see it but still called it, while late in the game a Cross player got a free for falling down on the ground when no one touched him and lifted the ball with his knees which meant the free should have been the other way. Not sure of his name, but if he's one of the better refs in Armagh I'd be worried to think what those not at the top are like.

My first time visiting the Athletic Grounds this evening and I have to say it is a nice, tidy set up but two things struck me. One was that the pitch was notably smaller than normal for an intercounty ground, especially its width. Another was that standing on the covered terrace opposite the main stand, the gap between the sideline and the fence is very small and ripe for a player to get easily injured especially that next to the grass is only a raised concrete slab and metal fencing which could be easily hit if a player slid out over or their momentum carried them to collide with it.

refs in armagh are just can't wait to give cross frees. that was a laughable decision. interestingly after the game he just sprinted straight down the tunnel. fast as he ran all night!

Throw ball

The referee I thought was brutal. He gave the early penalty to Pearse Óg while he was in the centre of the field and in the second half he made what I saw was at least two calls in favour of Crossmaglen that shouldn't have been, one was for a Pearse Óg forward lifting the ball off the ground when (a) he didn't, and (b) he wouldn't have been able to see it but still called it, while late in the game a Cross player got a free for falling down on the ground when no one touched him and lifted the ball with his knees which meant the free should have been the other way. Not sure of his name, but if he's one of the better refs in Armagh I'd be worried to think what those not at the top are like.

My first time visiting the Athletic Grounds this evening and I have to say it is a nice, tidy set up but two things struck me. One was that the pitch was notably smaller than normal for an intercounty ground, especially its width. Another was that standing on the covered terrace opposite the main stand, the gap between the sideline and the fence is very small and ripe for a player to get easily injured especially that next to the grass is only a raised concrete slab and metal fencing which could be easily hit if a player slid out over or their momentum carried them to collide with it.

Seemingly Down thought this before the championship match earlier in the year and had it measured only to find it was bigger than the Marshes!

armaghniac

QuoteJust read that the pitch dimensions are 143m x 88m, it certainly doesn't look that big in the ground itself. Healy Park is 142m x 86m,

Ha. Ours is bigger than yours.

But there certainly isn't much space along the sideline.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

crossfire

Quote from: pearseog on September 25, 2011, 10:42:01 PM

refs in armagh are just can't wait to give cross frees. that was a laughable decision. interestingly after the game he just sprinted straight down the tunnel. fast as he ran all night!

Are you saying that the Ref cost Ogs the game./

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: crossfire on September 26, 2011, 10:30:55 AM

Hardly.  The Ogs didn't take their chances, Cross did. 

ogshead

Quote from: crossfire on September 26, 2011, 10:30:55 AM
Quote from: pearseog on September 25, 2011, 10:42:01 PM

The ref never cost the Ogs the game... they're just saying that he was bad and it suits Cross when they get in front to have a stop start game. They have perfected this art over the years. Go a few points up and then kill the game by lying down at every opportunity, starting a few off the ball incidents and picking up a point here and there to keep the margin of 3/4 points. Don't get me wrong, if the shoe was on the other foot I would take it to get to a county final.

Radda bout yeee

Heard very sad news today that the former Armagh stalwart and former player and manager of my own club Kieran McGurk died suddenly! The General was a legend! Sympathy to all his family!!!