Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IVEDECIDED

I agree, it makes sense to have all matches at "Headquarters" its the way it should be and means its the same setting for everyone.

Are you raging that every quarter, semi and final are held in Croke Park every year????

Throw ball

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on September 10, 2011, 12:19:28 AM
I agree, it makes sense to have all matches at "Headquarters" its the way it should be and means its the same setting for everyone.

Are you raging that every quarter, semi and final are held in Croke Park every year????

It also seems to be getting bigger crowds to matches. On saying that there have been a lot of games at all levels there recently. The pitch could do with a rest.

onefaircounty

A double header would have drawn one of the biggest crowds for an Armagh club round in years.

The fact that you can charge a couple pound dearer, the difference in profits wouldn't have been huge - worth it for a much bigger house and occassion on the one day.

naka

From a neutral's point of view most of thr county would love to see the og's beating cross.there dominance does not help our clubs developement at all.

crossfire

Quote from: naka on September 11, 2011, 09:06:10 AM
From a neutral's point of view most of thr county would love to see the og's beating cross.there dominance does not help our clubs developement at all.

Which club is yours.?

naka

Quote from: crossfire on September 11, 2011, 04:08:09 PM

Which club is yours.?
crossfire
the word "our" was generic I mean the county as a whole
i am a cruppen man but cross domination is helping no-one outside of your own club

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: naka on September 11, 2011, 10:16:56 PM

Which club is yours.?
crossfire
i am a cruppen man but cross domination is helping no-one outside of your own club

That's a load of shite naka and is a loser's lazy excuse. If a club team can't motivate themselves to beat us then that is actually a very bad indictment on them. Instead of using it as a crutch clubs should use the example of the Ogs and push on. Armagh football has been stronger over the last 15 years then it ever has and it coincides with the dominance of Cross, if anything I would actually say that our success has raised the bar for other clubs meaning that the likes od Ogs, Dromintee and to a lesser extent Harps and St Pats have improved beyond where they would have been which has had a direct positive impact on Armagh football

fitzroyalty

Oh! I get it! So if/when Cross ever become shite, can teams use that as an excuse? ;)

For what it is worth Cross may be slightly frustrated with the draw, two Div II teams to see them into the semi's, I'm sure they'd have preferred to have been tested earlier on. Still huge favs though. Only team in their way is St Gall's IMO.

naka

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 11, 2011, 11:24:16 PM

Which club is yours.?
crossfire

That's a load of shite naka and is a loser's lazy excuse. If a club team can't motivate themselves to beat us then that is actually a very bad indictment on them. Instead of using it as a crutch clubs should use the example of the Ogs and push on. Armagh football has been stronger over the last 15 years then it ever has and it coincides with the dominance of Cross, if anything I would actually say that our success has raised the bar for other clubs meaning that the likes od Ogs, Dromintee and to a lesser extent Harps and St Pats have improved beyond where they would have been which has had a direct positive impact on Armagh football
for what its worth I disagree with this, armagh football isnt strong at all, cross are dominant but every one else is much the same level,
the league and championship is like the spl only in armagh we have one team whilst in the spl there are 2

Applesisapples

Quote from: naka on September 12, 2011, 01:44:25 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 11, 2011, 11:24:16 PM

Which club is yours.?
crossfire

for what its worth I disagree with this, armagh football isnt strong at all, cross are dominant but every one else is much the same level,
the league and championship is like the spl only in armagh we have one team whilst in the spl there are 2
The tone of this debate implies that this somehow is the fault of Crossmaglen. Surely with all the work put into development squads and the improvements in coaching standards other teams should be closing the gap, if not then they need to look to themselves. I'm not from Cross but I sense the club means everything to people from the town, with the exception of Joey Cunningham who is not a Cross native but from Forkhill I can't think of any player going to other codes. I think Cross have set the bar other Clubs need to work harder on their sense of community, parish and putting Gaelic Games first in the minds of all their members.

RealSpiritof98

Jaysus lads, County semi final weekend and not Dickiebird, times have changed.

I think Granemore will shade the derby match but it will be very close

The Ogs have it all to do, I would like to see them do it but I think they are just a bit light for this cross team, I hear Tommy Turley is out so that is a blow. Also an Ogs team without Ronan playing the All-Ireland champs is a step too far imho.

fitzroyalty

Agree that Cross are huge favourites, but looking at it they have had (for them) an easy route so far to get where they are - two Division II teams, not really tested in championship football this year.

Ogs on the other hand have disposed of two of the top teams in the county in Dromintee and St Pat's. I wouldn't say anything is set in stone here, saw Ogs v Dromintee and was impressed, granted they're missing players but they'll still give Cross a game, they'll have to play out of their skins to get anything out of it, I reckon they'll not be too far away and might even sneak it.

In the other game I fancy Granemore, both teams have good forward lines so should be a good game. Granemore's two matches in the competition will stand by them, while on the other hand I can't imagine the Nab having learnt much from their QF with Clans. Fancy Granemore to sneak into the final by 1-2 pts.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: fitzroyalty on September 24, 2011, 09:34:32 AM
Agree that Cross are huge favourites, but looking at it they have had (for them) an easy route so far to get where they are - two Division II teams, not really tested in championship football this year.

Ogs on the other hand have disposed of two of the top teams in the county in Dromintee and St Pat's. I wouldn't say anything is set in stone here, saw Ogs v Dromintee and was impressed, granted they're missing players but they'll still give Cross a game, they'll have to play out of their skins to get anything out of it, I reckon they'll not be too far away and might even sneak it.

In the other game I fancy Granemore, both teams have good forward lines so should be a good game. Granemore's two matches in the competition will stand by them, while on the other hand I can't imagine the Nab having learnt much from their QF with Clans. Fancy Granemore to sneak into the final by 1-2 pts.

Honestly? Bookies have them at -5 to win the match.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Shortso79

Result from last Night

Ballymacnab 2-11 Granemore 0-11

Anyone at the match ?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Shortso79 on September 25, 2011, 12:13:33 PM
Result from last Night

Ballymacnab 2-11 Granemore 0-11

Anyone at the match ?

A good second half display from Ballymacnab, well apart from the first ten minutes where they were 4 points down. The Ballymacnab full forward line was very dangerous. They seemed to win every ball that was put into them.

Grugans pass for the first goal was brilliant. Cut the defence right open.

The game was surprisingly clean given the rivalry. Fair play to Ballymacnab they were the better team on the night and fully deserved their victory