Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Poor research, games being played in Cross and Maghery?  Ronan Clarke playing? He'll be lucky to ever play again.  We "put out a weakened side"?  We were weakened but not though choice!  And what about poor Clans and the 'Nab does their match not count?? ??? 

pearseog

Quote from: GAA_Punter on September 01, 2011, 08:29:28 AM
Crossmaglen Rangers V Armagh Harps, 8pm Friday

The all-conquering Crossmaglen Rangers are odds on favourites, not just to dispose of former Club Championship finalists Armagh Harps this Friday evening at St. Oliver Plunkett Park, but to retain their crown as Armagh Club Champions.

This is a repeat of last year's quarter-final and although the Harps scored 3-4 to Rangers 1-12, two of those goals against Cross came in the last two minutes of the game and was not a fare reflection on a match dominated by Rangers.

Crossmaglen comfortably lie top of Division one, losing only twice during this campaign. They have scored an average of 3-12 a game for the past five games and most worryingly for Harps, put 7-20 past Granemore only last week in the league. They put out a weakened side against Division Two leaders Clann Eireann in the last round of the championship and still hammered them 2-17 to 0-10.

The Harps, beaten finalists in 2009, overcame Mullaghbawn in their last round 2-10 to 1-10 with star performer Ultan Lennon helping himself to 2-6 in the process. The second half of that game saw Harps concede 1-7 and only score five points to snatch victory. Their defence will need to be on top form if they are to have any chance of stopping Rangers.

It's hard to see past the reigning Armagh Club, League and All-Ireland club champions with their current crop of county stars being bolstered by new and ever emerging talent from the youth ranks. Expect a high scoring, one-sided encounter from the Cross men as they will no doubt advance to the semi-finals with consummate ease.
By Paraic Collins

Maghery Sean MacDermott's v Granemore, 6pm, Saturday
This club championship quarter-final pits two of the outside favourites, expected to give reigning Armagh club champions Crossmaglen a run for their money, head to head on Saturday evening in the small village of Maghery, in south-west of the county.

Maghery enter this game on the back of some good league form, winning three out of their last four games, most noticeably against defending champions Crossmaglen Rangers.

This time last year, Sean Macdermott's were knocked out at the same stage of the championship to St. Pat's on a score line of 1-9 to 0-9– But injury's and an array of suspensions for the Blue and Gold, played a major part in that defeat– This year's championship saw them record a slim victory over local rivals Sarsfields in the previous round by a single point. Despite notching up 13 points, their forward line needs to start reaching their potential if they are to advance to the next round.
Granemore reached the semi-final last year and were widely tipped to go all the way but a miss-firing forward line could only muster a paltry eight scores over the hour and were eventually dumped out by the aforementioned St. Pats. In the last round the White and green, for the second year running, defeated St. Michaels by only two pints and will need to vastly improve if they are to overcome the Loughshore men.

Granemore will look to brothers Toner, Kieran and Barry, to dominate possession in the mid-field and supply good ball to their forwards who have the ability to cause trouble to any defence.
Expect Maghery to shade this tight encounter. Their current league form gives them too much momentum and Granemore shipped a whopping 7-20 against Rangers recently.
By Paraic Collins

Pearse Og V St Patricks, Armagh, 8pm Saturday
There is a very interesting senior football tie down for decision in the Armagh Senior football championship this Saturday evening when Pearse Og take on St Patricks of Cullyhanna. While on paper, this looks like a simple enough win for Pearse Og, one can certainly not write off St Patricks and many punters are bound to be tempted by the odds of almost 2/1.

rest on
http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/gaa/47810/

Can a moderator please take that down?
what a load of bullshit. so many mistakes.
in addition to bcb1's comments. dromintee knocked out granemore last year. yes cross beat granemore by 7-20 or whatever it was but he didn't mention it was granemore B team.

IVEDECIDED

I agree. When previewing championship quarter finals someone should tell this idiot there are usually 4 quarter finals!  >:( >:(

RealSpiritof98

Looking forward to the game tonight, nobody expects us to get within an ass's roar so we are are in a no lose situation.  All I want to see is maximun effort and as a Harps man I will go home happy.

Sadly french's are not offering a handicap score to get a wee bet on.

illdecide

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on September 02, 2011, 02:49:19 PM
Looking forward to the game tonight, nobody expects us to get within an ass's roar so we are are in a no lose situation.  All I want to see is maximun effort and as a Harps man I will go home happy.

Sadly french's are not offering a handicap score to get a wee bet on.

Spirit i think yous will give a good account tonight and with a we bit of luck and belief you just never know but i expect Cross to win but only by 3pts. Looking forward to it...good luck.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

armaghniac

Cross 2-05 Harps 1-03 HT wet night, but result will probably be as expected.

FT Cross 6-12 Harps 1-06!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on September 02, 2011, 08:39:49 PM
Cross 2-05 Harps 1-03 HT wet night, but result will probably be as expected.

FT Cross 6-12 Harps 1-06!

That's a serious kicking!! scored as many goals as Harps. Cross looking unstoppable again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Jamie Clarke is some player. Not only did he take a couple of goals himself, but he delivered some great passes when bottled up. Oisin only played in the second half, but he still knows where the posts are!

Milltown Row2

Ulster Champions again I'd say. Great team and they lay down the marker for the rest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

A few games yet before talk of winning Ulster. But Rangers would be more entertaining than the intercounty Ulster champions.

bennydorano

Went pear shaped for us in the last 20 minutes, up until that point we had been putting in a very positive performance, sitting at 2.7 to 1.6 Cross just stepped on the accelerator.  We played without sweepers (perhaps foolhardy but what do you do against a team with so many threats all over the pitch?) and gave it a go, unfortunately for us Cross are really on a different planet, some of the movement going forward was direct, very slick and deadly effective.  We contributed to our downfall with over elaboration in hand passing which directly lead to 3 or 4 Cross goals.  At the end of the day you just had to admire Cross, that was seriously impressive stuff.   I hope the management and team take the few positives from it as we are on the right track with the youth development - we'll get there in a couple of years.  Great performance from Paddy McCoy, also thought Gareth Richards had a really good game in MF and tootsie mcconville did all that could be asked of him marking Jamie Clarke.

topgun

Any updated league tables anywhere?
a prophet is not recognised by his own

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Onion Bag

Any news on the maghery v granemore match?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Mack the finger

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 03, 2011, 06:33:06 PM
Any news on the maghery v granemore match?

Granemore 2-12 Maghery 2-7 FT