Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontcare

Quote from: fcuksake on June 11, 2007, 09:57:57 AM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 11, 2007, 08:18:59 AM
Whitecross beat St Peters by about a dozen points.

Best man on show yesterday in Abbey Park was the Cullaville 14 - Ciaran Hatzer I think.  He won every single ball that went into him and most of them were despatched pretty efficiently over the bar.

did hatzer not have a short stint on the county panel a few years back?

Hatzer plays hurling and was on the county panel for some time, he is a good keeper in hurling but i think he also plays outfield.

Uladh

Quote from: T Fearon on June 11, 2007, 09:12:50 AM
I'm hoping for a showdown with Maghery...we owe them big time for the 1983 semi final robbery. ;D

Incidentally very impressed with Maghery facilities. Scoreboard with the time countdown is brilliant and far exceeds that at most County grounds.

2 points...

you would have no idea what facilities are like in other grounds in the coouny

you obviously have no idea that the quarter final draw is already made.

Tir na nÓg

Tir na nÓg Vs Clan na Gael tonight in the B Championship, will the outcome be the same as saturday ;D ;D? What are clan na gaels B team like?

Bainisteoir

Quote from: Tir na nÓg on June 11, 2007, 11:57:04 AM
Tir na nÓg Vs Clan na Gael tonight in the B Championship, will the outcome be the same as saturday ;D ;D? What are clan na gaels B team like?

maybe bumpy will play lol sure thats him finished now!!

illdecide

Quote from: Bainisteoir on June 11, 2007, 12:34:39 PM
Quote from: Tir na nÓg on June 11, 2007, 11:57:04 AM

maybe bumpy will play lol sure thats him finished now!!

Seriously you's guy's are funny, you's win one championship match (and deserved and probably the first time ever beating the clans in a senior championship game) and you would think that you's had just won the championship. We all know that that was your final, Porty have a good chance of beating Cruppin but thats it your final was on Saturday night. Thats the difference between the two clubs if we had have won there would not have been banging on the changing room walls and the singing we would just have accepted the win and move onto the next game, but i suppose taking the scalp of a big team with champioship tradition was worth a we celebration.

As for the B-Championsip game tonight, who knows what the outcome will be. The Clans B-team have not been beaten yet (but they have only played 4 games) but B football is unpredictable.

As for Bumpy, why do you slag him off. We all know he's not the most liked person in the county (even within his own club) but there is not a club team in Ireland that would not refuse his services. Over the last 12 years or so you tell me any club player in armagh that was better than Bumpy?. (and before you's all start me and Bumpy don't even get on that well, you just have to call a spade a spade).
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

winsamsoon

Lads i can't understand how anyone would gloat about another player retiring from gaelic football. Bumpy has contributed a lot to Armagh club football over the years. If it is a personality thing then i am sure he wouldn't care much for you guys either but at least give the man his respect for his performances on the pitch. By the way the season is not over yet there are still a lot of league matches to be settled.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

full back

Quote from: twotwocharlie on June 09, 2007, 10:48:38 PM
Rory Robinson chickens out when McKeever headbutts opponent and only gets a yellow card .

Heard that, if Robinson didnt see it, why did he book him?

Tir na nÓg

As winsamsoon said there are still plenty of league games to be settled, Saturday was a good win for us but we have to concentrate now on the league. Make sure that we get a few wins to take us out of the relegation zone.

Candyman

looking at the league tables above, has anyone any predictions on who will drop from Div 1 this year??? who will gain promotion to the top flight... ???

Bainisteoir

Quote from: winsamsoon on June 11, 2007, 01:47:07 PM
Lads i can't understand how anyone would gloat about another player retiring from gaelic football. Bumpy has contributed a lot to Armagh club football over the years. If it is a personality thing then i am sure he wouldn't care much for you guys either but at least give the man his respect for his performances on the pitch. By the way the season is not over yet there are still a lot of league matches to be settled.

I was only slagging,i would openly admit to anyone that bumpy has been the best armagh club footballer for years, hes a credit to himself with regards to comittment for his club even though he may be a hateful whore on the pitch ;) because he was so f**king good... Will that be him finished now? no offence intended by the way lads an honest question!!

corn02

I fancy Cullaville and Whitecross to go down and Killeavy and the Bridge to come up.

Dromintee had it handy against Newtown, a very poor outfit. Contest was over after 20 minutes when Dromintee went 8-0 up.

Hoghlight of the match was ther Newtown Keepers run to the half way line with the ball. Newtown employed some dirty tactics.

pdown79

I dont think the tir na nog lads were celebrating as if they had won the championship, they know that they have won nothing but its just the fact that they beat the clans who seem to have taken an arrogant approach to both games. As people are saying, tir na nog deserved their victory but credit must go down to both teams as it was blow for blow for the two matches and one of the best club matches ive seen in recent years, and thats nothing to do with us winning! The only problem is whether tir na nog can gain some kind of consistency now and perform like that in a regular basis. The talent is there,its just a question on whether they want to use it or not!

twotwocharlie

Full Back ........the ref saw what happened but armagh play on july 7 so end of story.

Six Inch Nail

Quote from: corn02 on June 11, 2007, 02:41:53 PM

Dromintee had it handy against Newtown, a very poor outfit. Contest was over after 20 minutes when Dromintee went 8-0 up.

Hoghlight of the match was ther Newtown Keepers run to the half way line with the ball. Newtown employed some dirty tactics.

Corn, Dromintee were no doubt the better team over the hour.  However, they won the match in the first 15 minutes and things were pretty even after that, it just looked like Dromintee were much better because they always had a big lead.  For the last 45 minutes of the match it was 4 points apiece!

I agree that the keepers run in the second half was great, he was playing corner forward for Newtown in the drawn match so he is no stranger to that end of the field.  However I disagree that Newtown employed dirty tactics.  One of the Newtown players got a suspected broken nose in the first 5 minutes of the match, no punishment was the outcome.  Brendan Gorman generally takes no shit, however he is the most biased ref in the county towards county and former county players and I felt that he showed this last night.

As for that kn**ker McKeever and Cullyhanna generally, headbutting is what they are brought up on and its just second nature to them at this stage.  I would have expected more from Rory Robinson, but he's just shown himself up to be as gutless as alot of other ref's in the county, he might get a telling off from the county board if he was to send off a county kn**ker star. >:(
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

illdecide

Quote from: Bainisteoir on June 11, 2007, 02:39:51 PM
Quote from: winsamsoon on June 11, 2007, 01:47:07 PM

I was only slagging,i would openly admit to anyone that bumpy has been the best armagh club footballer for years, hes a credit to himself with regards to comittment for his club even though he may be a hateful whore on the pitch ;) because he was so f**king good... Will that be him finished now? no offence intended by the way lads an honest question!!

The answer to that is "more than likley", he is 33 now and you can't expect him to still travel from donegal 3 times a week (2 training sessions and a match) He has been doing that for the last 4 years. I know i couldn't have done it "Fair play to him"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch