Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: bennydorano on August 09, 2011, 08:10:36 PM
Harps v Mullabawn and Ogs v Dromintee both in Athletic Grounds in a double on sunday from 5pm, nice for us as opposed to travelling to Cullyhanna. 

Should be 2 tight games for different reasons, both ourselves and Mullabawn aren't setting the world alight and are (unfortunately) of a similar standard at the minute, dont see any betting anywhere but it'll be the toss of a coin (and that might be more entertaining having watched Mullabawn before :) ). Ogs v Dromintee should be a cracker, think the Ogs having taken their eye of the ball last year will be very committed this year and should have too much for Dromintee.

He who pays the piper calls the tune.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bennydorano

Certainly makes more sense financially, an attractive double bill for the neutral.  I'd imagine most will take in the 2nd half of ours and then the other.  Have heard £7 for both which seems good value.

Don Johnson

Hope Charlie Stubbs has his Cruppen top ready for tomorrow night

illdecide

Quote from: Don Johnson on August 11, 2011, 09:27:31 PM
Hope Charlie Stubbs has his Cruppen top ready for tomorrow night

No doubt Don
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fitzroyalty

Armagh SFC Clans 3-6 Cruppen 1-11

Great performance from the Clans, think they totally outclassed Cruppen in the second half although the scoreboard does not reflect this. A case of third time lucky against Cruppen, in both league encouters we threw away healthy leads to draw and lose by 1. Going into injury time (having led by 5 to be losing by 2) I thought it was more of the same but for a cracking goal to edge back in front.

Felt the ref could have been better, certainly made us work a lot harder for our frees than he did Cruppen. The quickly-taken free leading up to the Cruppen goal being a prime example, not disputing whether or not it was the right call, but he was certainly a lot quicker to blow his whistle than he was for any Clans frees.

Clans had plenty of young fellas featuring, two 16 years olds coming on, making good impacts, 4 18/19 year olds started the game. Think eight players including subs made their SFC debut though don't quote me on that.

Shortso79

Full time Cross 2-17 clan 0-10 - Jamie Clarke and Mickey Lenaghan with the goals in the first half

Any craic

Video of the two goals from Crossmaglen v Clann Eireann - http://t.co/HYH2aOS

TacadoirArdMhacha

Eire Óg 2-14 St Patrick's II 0-6

St Pat's entered into their trio of season defining home matches on Sunday when they hosted runaway league leaders. With fellow promotion challengers Lissummon and Derrynoose also to visit St Patrick's Park in the coming weeks, home form will be the crucial factor in determining the result of Cullyhanna's promotion challenge. Unfortunately this was not to be a successful outing as the Craigavon side showed the form which has hoisted them to their lofty league position and produced an impressive display.

St Pat's dominated play in the opening minutes however could not muster a score. Eire Og showed their opponents how it was done after 3 minutes fashioning a fine point. The lead was doubled 5 minutes in with an Eire Og point. A third score followed after 11 minutes as Cullyhanna's manful defending was not enough to prevent Eire Óg's patient play being rewarded with a point. St Pat's finally opened their account 13 minutes in when Brendan Nugent kicked a magnificent score from distance. Having finally found their range, St Pat's doubled their tally as great work from Paul Donnelly allowed Cathal O'Neill to collect a breaking ball and fire over the crossbar from all of 40 metres.

Eire Óg were clearly keen to stamp out the home side's revival and they did so in ruthless fashion with a pointed free and an excellent counter-attacking move which resulted in a point after 19 minutes. The crucial score of the match came seven minutes before the break as Eire Og cut through the St Pat's defence before finishing to the net to open up a six point lead. Eire Og were playing with great determination and were clearly intent on securing the victory which would secure them promotion. Their objective became almost a certainty in the closing stages of the first half as they rattled over four points without reply to open up a commanding ten point advantage. Indeed two of those efforts could have resulted in goals but even the minor scores left Eire Og in a comfortable position at half-time, leading by 1-9 to the home side's 0-2.

St Pat's made some inroads into their deficit in the early stages of the second half with a fine point from Brendan Nugent in the opening seconds. Eire Og replied almost immediately before Paudie Mackin battled bravely to regain possession and fire over a point. A Cathal O'Neill pointed free reduced the Eire Og lead to 8 points after 8 minutes of the second half. Through the second period, the St Pat's side battled gallantly and achieved parity in terms of possession and terrority throughout much of the half. Unfortunately their efforts were only rewarded with one further score as Paudie Mackin kicked another point midway through the half. The match then entered a long scoreless spell before finishing with a flurry of Eire Og score as the Craigavon men managed 1-4 between the 28th minute and the full-time whistle to secure promotion on a scoreline of Eire Og 2-10 St Patrick's 0-6.

While the away side were undoubtedly deserved victors, the final scoreline was perhaps slightly flattering to the League champions and did little justice to Cullyhanna's efforts throughout the hour. For long stages, there was little between the sides in terms of general play however Eire Og excelled in the counter-attack and found scores much easier to come by than their opponents. For the home side, Conor McShane and Darren Mackin battled admirably in defence while Paudie Mackin had a mammoth match in midfield. Up front, Cathal O'Neill was accurate while Patsy McKeever produced a good hour's effort. Despite the defeat, Cullyhanna's promotion hopes are still very much alive and with a Junior championship quarter final to look forward to this weekend, these are exciting times for Mark McConville's men.

Starting XV: F Murphy; C McShane, D Mackin, M Rowland; P Donnelly, P Loughran, Mark Mone; K Toner, P Mackin (0-2); F Nugent, C O'Neill (0-2), Micky Mone, B Nugent (0-2), B Quinn, P McKeever Subs Used: P O'Neill, C Nugent, B Murray, N McConville

IVEDECIDED

Any championship results/updates?

Candyman

Harps 2-05 0-3 M'Bawn
Half time

Dingle Daly saved a pen for Harps

Mickey Linden

Any updates on tonight game lads?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Harps won by a goal. Ogs were 4 up heading into the later stages.

IVEDECIDED

Mickey Linden

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on August 14, 2011, 08:28:43 PM
Ogs won by 5

Cheers. After you boys cost me a fortune on Friday night about time I got a few quid back!

bennydorano

Harps had a more emphatic win than the 2.10 to 1.10 final score would suggest I thought, we always looked in control and played some lovely football at times, we also went to sleep for long periods of the game thou and some erratic refereeing near the end from Kevin McNeice kept Mullaghbawn close.  Some fine perfomances on our side, Deccie McKenna would have been my MOTM, very classy looking.  We've a nice young side developing, a kind draw in the next round would be nice.

Disappointed in the Ogs V Dromintee game, bar the last 15-20 minutes it was really forgetable stuff, Ogs thoroughly deserving winners.  Tommy Turley ran the show for Ogs.