Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puskas

Ogs just a point behind despite playing against a very strong wind in the first half, with no Andy Mallon, and Paul Duffy off injured after a minute. All to play for.

Onion Bag

Ogs have a stiff breeze in the second half,

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Carmen Stateside

Who is the Gregory Loughran? Is he a Tyrone man?

Onion Bag

ardmhachaabu08

anyone know if i can listen to the game on the radio via sky channels ? im in work and computer speakers dont work :(
Seo libh canaídh Amhrán na bhFiann

Onion Bag

No Idea, get onto the latest scores thread

puskas

10-7 to cross, 7 frees from cross

Harold Disgracey

puskas

13-8 to cross, congrats to them, hard luck to ogs, sounded like they gave away too many frees

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The GAA

Quote from: puskas on October 19, 2008, 05:21:19 PM
13-8 to cross, congrats to them, hard luck to ogs, sounded like they gave away too many frees

thought might be the case when i saw rorly robinson appointed to officiate...

Real1995

very scrappy game,really and truly what were the county board doin appointing rory rob,the man was not able to keep up with the play..Ogs were very disappointing,they were completely outplayed in the midfield sector, losing mallon and duffy was a blow but some of them jus did not possess the hunger 2day that i would hav expected them to show...congrats to a record breaking crossmaglen..
Nice guys always finish second!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Congratulations to Cross. Depressingly predictable but that's not their fault. Was 2008 the easiest of the 13? Only Harps got within a  score and gave them any real scare.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

brokencrossbar1

You can never win enough times and as each record falls the will to break more grows stronger and stronger.  This is the mantra that I am sure drives on many of our lads and it is simply awesome what they have done.  At a time whenever football is at its most competitive and time demanding a record like this is laid out.  I do not mean disrespect to Ballina but their 13 in a row ,although impressive, pales into insignificance when compared to what was achieved today.

Once again I had the dulcet tones of Damian McCullough to guide me through the ups and downs of the game and it certainly seemed that Cross always had the winning of the game in their own hands, even though they did not get as many scores on the scoreboard in the first half that they should have.  I never felt like they would lose as Ogs simply did not have the personnel around the park.  Clarke tried his lot but seemed to be starved of possession and support.  Francie even had the audacity to meander to the full forward line once or twice and poor Damian nearly had a canary in the commentary box! 

To all the management  and backroom staff who were involved throughout the run, this is a time for all of them to be proud as at the end of the day without them being the glue keeping it all together this would never have happened

As always the old dogs for the tough road, Oisin, John and JD seemed to stand out Oisin in particular played his usual Final winning performance(Did he get man of the match again?)  They will be almost impossible to replace but there is enough talent there to keep things ticking on for a good few years yet. 

I would like to wish a special congratulations to the twins, oisin, Francie, Paul Hearty and the Red destroyer for being there from start to finish.  It is an amazing accolade and when you consider that all six started in the first one and then in this one it makes it all the more commendable.

As for the people who cannot see it within themselves to congratulate us, take a look at yourselves and you will see in what you say and post on here a better reflection of your position in life than ours.

fcuksake

congrats to harps today. I see thats 10 minor championships they have won. well donme to all involved

also congrats to Cross in the senior game. JD, McConville & the twins  played well in the 2nd half to pull away from the Ogs in the end
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.