Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ard mhaca abu

Quotewould toner at full back be left to pick up McFadden or would Andy mallon be given that job?

i think geezer might be an option at full back. he might not have the legs for 70 mins on the 40 or around the middle but i'd say he'd be fit enough for full back.

toner would be well fit for devenney or mcfadden wouldnt matter big strong fella great fielder and excellent tackler!

brokencrossbar1

QuoteThere seems to be quite a bit of cloak and dagger regarding this Armagh team,

The championship is 5 weeks away and you are on about cloak and dagger ::)  Some people like to find fault and if they can't find it they will make it up.

Over the Bar

QuoteIs it time to go knocking on the doors of T McEntee

I'd expect Tony McEntee to have a bit more self-respect than to announce his retirement one week only to sail back in a 2 weeks later 'cos of an injury to Bellew.  Taking the decision to retire after 12 odd years isn't like changing your mind on whether or not you'll have a pint in this round.  ::)

Uladh

Probably right on the keeping front bc. personally i'd have McKinney for his communication and especially his shot stopping. in hindsight, i suspect Joe will opt for Paul. two great keepers to have.

Goats Do Shave

I know it aint GAA related. But go vote anyway!

Hasbro Toy Company are producing the All-Ireland edition of Monopoly, the worlds most famous board game, later this year.
>
> Each square will feature a county, represented by the most popular
visitor attraction in that county. With space only for 22 of the 32 counties Hasbro have decided to let the Irish population vote for the 22 counties to feature. By visiting http://www.monopoly.ie/index.aspx you can vote for your county, the site will be officially launched on April 26th but voting has commenced since April 23rd.
>
> This is a novel and unique way to raise the awareness of and promote
the
county but as we have the lowest population base we need to get voting now.
You can vote once a day and I would urge all staff to log on daily and vote, the site stays live for 30days after which the winning 22 counties will be known.
>
> Please vote !

el_cuervo_fc

Spiritof98

I'll go back if Marsdens back

Over the Bar

QuoteBellew in fitness battle (from Hogan Stand)
25 April 2007

An ankle injury is threatening Francie Bellew's participation in Armagh's Ulster SFC opener against Donegal on May 27.

The full back sustained the injury in a recent club match and is due to have a scan on Wednesday.

"It is niggling at him and we need to find out what is wrong," Orchard County boss Joe Kernan said.

"Francie isn't one to complain, but he's sore and it's causing him problems. We won't know how bad it is until after the scan so there's no point in me saying too much about it.

"We're not hiding anything – if he is injured and is out of a match then we'll say so and if he's fit we'll say that he's fit. But at this stage it's too early to comment."

The former All-Star had been troubled with a shoulder injury problem during Crossmaglen's recent run to the All-Ireland club title, and there were fears that this would require surgery. But Kernan says that this has now cleared up and is no longer a worry.

So much for the posters who knew for definate that Francie has done his cruciate!   Pub grapevine more like. lol

Uladh

Good man over the bar.

did you need chopsticks to eat up that line you've just been fed?

Over the Bar

i'd say ye wud not be too bad at the 'ate-in' yourself uladh

Uladh

You think i'd be as gullible as you?

maybe, but not this time

ard mhaca abu

used to be known as the geraldines now known as st patricks carrickcruppen..why?

armaghniac

In 1492 it was Gerald Fitzgerald who cut the famous hole in the door and put his hand through, leading to the expression "chancing your arm". As people around Carrickcruppen were chancers, they thought the name Geraldines appropriate.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ard mhaca abu

QuoteA few of my mates play for a team called the Geraldines in Louth and we were talking about the name, but I thought I remembered Carrickcruppen being called the Geraldines also.

in the early 80's carrickcruppen reserve team where called the geraldines

Bensars

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on April 20, 2007, 10:13:17 PM
Bad news babies - I'm hearing from a very reliable source (of mine) some very bad news about Francis, i.e. cruciate ligament damage, ruling him out for the year!  This as a result of last week's match against Clans.  :'(

Anybody else hear anything? Huge blow if true!!  :'(

;D ;D ;D  Reliable  my arse. Not even his knee !!!