Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 10, 2021, 11:33:29 AM
Darren and his set up really have went all out looking how to bring out the best. I noticed yesterday he has Clinton Hennessey now as the keeper coach for the set up. I mean who better than a former Waterford keeper to add those extra touches to the improvements.

If Antrim can continue to keep making the improvements off the pitch as well as on it we can continue to be in a place where we can stay at the top tier.

I noticed that about Hennessey too which I didn't know. He played for Loughgiel in some games.(3rds I think and outfield)

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 10, 2021, 11:48:05 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 10, 2021, 11:33:29 AM
Darren and his set up really have went all out looking how to bring out the best. I noticed yesterday he has Clinton Hennessey now as the keeper coach for the set up. I mean who better than a former Waterford keeper to add those extra touches to the improvements.

If Antrim can continue to keep making the improvements off the pitch as well as on it we can continue to be in a place where we can stay at the top tier.

I noticed that about Hennessey too which I didn't know. He played for Loughgiel in some games.(3rds I think and outfield)

Yeah he didnt really play much for Loughgiel, seen him play against our reserves once in a league game.

Know him well enough and hes a top man and also a top keeper at that. Its another good addition
hurl like f**k boi!

Tormund

Quote from: seafoid on May 10, 2021, 09:36:09 AM
It's really great to see Antrim back. There is a lot of grá for Antrim in the hurling counties.

Thanks,
I was at a galway v antrim hurling game years ago in salthill, 1st half was close, 2nd half galway pulled away, but the home crowd were really respectful even when you started to hammer us, even applauding when we got a point. You wouldnt get that in most grounds.
Altho tipp are my 2nd team cos of dinny cahill, liam sheedy and darren gleeson

Tormund

I thought Darren Glesson was very clever after the game, downplaying the result and saying we need to focus on the next one etc.
He's a great coach, i hope he can stick the travelling up and down to stay with us for at least another couple of years.
I can see him managing tipp in the future

seafoid

Quote from: Tormund on May 10, 2021, 01:56:09 PM
I thought Darren Glesson was very clever after the game, downplaying the result and saying we need to focus on the next one etc.
He's a great coach, i hope he can stick the travelling up and down to stay with us for at least another couple of years.
I can see him managing tipp in the future
He's very impressive. He also said:
"All the players come from fantastic clubs and all want to represent their county well."
A good motivator.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Pretty sure I saw us beat Galway in a league game in Ballinasloe then we got to the knockout stages of the league and played that great Clare team when no one had realised they were going to be great yet. We realised the day we played them unfortunately lol.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 10, 2021, 02:44:06 PM
Pretty sure I saw us beat Galway in a league game in Ballinasloe then we got to the knockout stages of the league and played that great Clare team when no one had realised they were going to be great yet. We realised the day we played them unfortunately lol.

Bate Galway in the league in Casement, won the Walsh cup also  :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Calm Down

Not to put a dampener on yesterday lads, however bad form to see the new County PRO interfering with Clare taking a side-line cut, a County Official representing the CB should not be at this carry on, this would not be acceptable in a club game never mind at a crucial point in what was a pretty high profile day for the County.

On a better note, what a performance, the inferiority complex was left in the dressing room and with the positive attitude there could be a bright future for this crop of players

imtommygunn

I read Cj McGourty post that on twitter but hadn't noticed. Bad form if so.

I didn't realise we'd beat Galway in casement in the hurling. I knew we did in the football. We better stop now though. Sf came on to be nice ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 10, 2021, 03:49:55 PM
I read Cj McGourty post that on twitter but hadn't noticed. Bad form if so.

I didn't realise we'd beat Galway in casement in the hurling. I knew we did in the football. We better stop now though. Sf came on to be nice ;D

I remember one of our players being hooked by the opposition manager when he was taking a sideline cut, nearly started world war 3  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Still - better than an Alan Pardew effort going for a headbutt lol. (Not good behaviour tbh but I suspect he'll be pulled on it and won't happen again)

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 10, 2021, 03:00:45 PM

I was in casement for that match v Galway, Johnny Tosh running at full pelt and released a bullet to the net with the game on the blow when we where 2 down. Some crowd at league games back then and the place was rocking.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Carlovia

Well done to Antrim from your friends in Carlow.

Was impressed with your team in the MacDonagh and
great to see the progress continue.

Keep it going.

Craigyhill Terror

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 10, 2021, 06:37:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 10, 2021, 03:00:45 PM

I was in casement for that match v Galway, Johnny Tosh running at full pelt and released a bullet to the net with the game on the blow when we where 2 down. Some crowd at league games back then and the place was rocking.

Jingo's first match in charge in 2006. Was roaring at Tosh to tap it over when it got it because Antrim were winning all the puckouts at that stage and thought they could scrape a draw. Glad he didn't listen...