Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Summary - Sol Campbell is back.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

ThatsTheFootball

Dinny Breen

With Kildare knocked out I end up here, I'm definitely a sporting masochist   :'(
#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 03, 2011, 04:38:12 PM
With Kildare knocked out I end up here, I'm definitely a sporting masochist   :'(

And you have a Mayo grandmother. Jebus.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on August 03, 2011, 04:39:01 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 03, 2011, 04:38:12 PM

And you have a Mayo grandmother. Jebus.

And Westmeath connections. Jebus2

ONeill

Arsenal v Udinese. Home first leg.

Dinny Breen

Bloody hell, that could be season defining.
#newbridgeornowhere

Boycey

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 05, 2011, 11:58:40 AM
Bloody hell, that could be season defining.

Not the ideal draw but in fairness you would expect Arsenal to progress. I'm sure Fabragas won't feature but it'll be interesting to see if Nasri does.

wherefromref

I hope Fabregas features against Udinese leaving him cup tied for any team wishing to buy him ;D

muppet

Quote from: wherefromref on August 05, 2011, 02:50:16 PM
I hope Fabregas features against Udinese leaving him cup tied for any team wishing to buy him ;D

Arsenal meeting Barcelona officials according to the Beeb.
MWWSI 2017

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Orangemac

Arsene Wenger would remind you of the character "Even better that that" from The Fast Show.

"Did you get what we needed at the shops - solid goalkeeper, commanding centre half, holding midfilelder?"

"Even better that that!"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14448089.stm

Dinny Breen

Arsenal only need a centre-back, one will be signed. Wenger for all his stubbornness is not stupid, he wouldn't have bought AOC if he didn't have another signing lined up. If he didn't he would only be creating a bigger stick for the media and for the first time an increasing minority of Arsenal fans to hit him with.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 08, 2011, 09:10:51 PM
Is this what Arsenal fans are thinking?  Don't know how reliable the Evening Standard is but interesting article.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-23976417-ive-full-respect-for-arsene-wenger-and-he-should-be-given-more-time-but-i-fear-the-end-is-near-for-him.do

On one hand you can get swept away with the whole trophyless malarky and say yes. At the same time, Arsenal are competitive every year - usually at some stage challenging for the title and doing well enough in cup competitions/CL - and we don't really know what the true financial burden of the Emirates is.

However, if there is no change to the defensive set-up this year and the same mistakes are made....