Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Pity Arsenal didn't put their hands down their jocks a few weeks ago and found the balls they had today.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Arsenal proved one thing today - if Utd win the league they are poor champions, the best of a bad bunch.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ExiledGael

Quote from: ONeill on May 01, 2011, 06:20:42 PM
Arsenal proved one thing today - if Utd win the league they are poor champions, the best of a bad bunch.

I agree this is not the best United side in recent memory and Barcelona should win the Champions League quite comfortably but I'm getting a bit sick of hearing this.
How many teams are there in the world who are better than United this season? They are certainly in the top five, Barcelona Madrid, maybe Dortmund. German league is mostly very poor, Serie A the same. Porto might be up there.
Does this mean the standard of world football is woeful at the minute? Or are we just used to watching one of the best teams of all time (Barca) and comparing everyone to that standard.

Blowitupref

Quote from: ONeill on May 01, 2011, 06:20:42 PM

Arsenal beat Barcelona in the CL does that make them the best of a bad bunch also? & must be remembered they also beat Chelsea 3-1

On their day Arsenal can beat the best (above three results prove that) however games v Blackburn,Birmingham & Stoke they struggle in.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Dinny Breen

Beaten Man United at home is no achievement I think any team in the world would fancy it, beating them at OT different kettle of fish. They are just better at beating the poor sides, simple flat track bullies who get all the majority of decisions in their favour but they do have a briiliant manager.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Rooney and Vidic are the only players I'd be interested in seeing play live. There are many better sides out there than Utd with much more flair and creativity. There are no better managers though. Fergie has somehow managed to get this limited side to overachieve and fair fcuks to him. It's a personal thing I suppose in terms of taste I suppose but this utd side, esp their midfield, won't live long in the memory.

As for Arsenal, buckets of individual talent but lack knackers.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Blowitupref

have to admit Uniteds home record is superb this season & i can't remember many game changing decisions go their way in OT this season, though i think that away form will cost them this season.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Gaffer

Quote from: ONeill on May 01, 2011, 06:47:23 PM
Rooney and Vidic are the only players I'd be interested in seeing play live. There are many better sides out there than Utd with much more flair and creativity. There are no better managers though. Fergie has somehow managed to get this limited side to overachieve and fair fcuks to him. It's a personal thing I suppose in terms of taste I suppose but this utd side, esp their midfield, won't live long in the memory.

Unlike Coalisland !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Dinny Breen

Right might close this thread before the kids with the ludicrous sense of entitlement, paranoia and red colored glasses arrive.

Anyway this one bizarre decison that went Man U's way at OT, matching changing no, Arsenal never get these decisions..

#newbridgeornowhere

ExiledGael

Ramsey was some loss to United. Their plan to loan him back to Cardiff meant he chose Arsenal.
He is good enough to build a midfield around at the top level.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 01, 2011, 07:00:44 PM
Right might close this thread before the kids with the ludicrous sense of entitlement, paranoia and red colored glasses arrive.

Anyway this one bizarre decison that went Man U's way at OT, matching changing no, Arsenal never get these decisions..

Hoy, Leave the Liverpool fans out of this, we've done nothing to ye :D

As for Arsenal 'never' getting decisions? Hmmm.

Milltown Row2

Arsenal the better team and having played less games recently it showed ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 01, 2011, 06:40:42 PM
Beaten Man United at home is no achievement I think any team in the world would fancy it, beating them at OT different kettle of fish. They are just better at beating the poor sides, simple flat track bullies who get all the majority of decisions in their favour but they do have a briiliant manager.

Huh?  So what you are trying to say is that United are easy pickings when on their travels?  Try telling the cream of Europe that, as United have been pretty much unbeatable away from home in Europe for a few years now.  As for them being better at beating the poorer sides, it makes me laugh when you get fans of Arsenal or whoever trying to bum that its the fact that they cant beat the less fashionable names that costs them success.  It is against these teams that win teams titles, and these games are the ones where the oppostion are usually fighting for every ball, being extremely physical and defend in their own half for the majority of the match.  But the fact that United beat these teams more often than their rivals is a negative thing?  I think if you go back a few weeks you will find United beat Chelsea twice and their record against Arsenal over the past 4 years is great.

[/quote]
Quote from: ONeill on May 01, 2011, 06:47:23 PM

Name me the 'many better sides out there than Utd'.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Dinny Breen

QuoteRight might close this thread before the kids with the ludicrous sense of entitlement, paranoia and red colored glasses arrive.

They never disappoint - Man U have won 5 away games in the EPL (Wigan - dodgy decision, Blackpool - dodgy decision, West Brom dodgy decision, Stoke - Dodgy decision, West Ham - Dodgy decision) so not one victory where they didn't get the rub of the green. So I'll reiterate away from OT any team would fancy their chances.
#newbridgeornowhere