Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

The Arsenal players mentioned above don't alll have experience of English football though, unlike Pallister, Sharpe, etc. And, if you believe what they tell you, the Premier League is much more different than other top leagues.

118cmal

Quote from: paco on April 21, 2011, 06:16:26 PM
The Arsenal players mentioned above don't alll have experience of English football though, unlike Pallister, Sharpe, etc. And, if you believe what they tell you, the Premier League is much more different than other top leagues.

Yes but many of his younger players have been playing in the PL for years?  Clichy, Eboue, Fabregas, Song, Van Persie etc.

ONeill

The root problem is that the players Arsene has in place to play the game he wants are simply not good enough over the course of a season. Individually/talent-wise they are probably the best team in that league. Collectively they are not. Too many majorly lack intestinal fortitude, something the Invincibles, the '02 and '98 double sides had in abundance. Wenger said Bergkamp was a real bastard in training. Diaby would cry.

There are a lot of players in that squad who would not be even remotely considered for other great clubs. Look at the likes of Hleb, Flamini, Adebayor, Reyes etc. It speaks volumes for Wenger that he can bring such players close to major honours, playing first team roles. As soon as they leave (get ahead of themselves) they're found out.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Bolton 1-0 up. Typical Arsenalesque defending from a corner.

ONeill

Let's see some of this "mental strength". At the minute they look like the holidays have been booked.

ONeill

Some start to second half. Bolton awarded penalty after 40 seconds. Saved. Arsenal go down field and 1-1. Nice finish by RVP.

under the bar

I doubt if the arsenal players really believe they have realistic chance of the league even if they do win today, never mind the supporters.

ONeill

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dinny Breen

Only turned on the last 10 minutes but fail to see how Clichy gets his game, can't cross and can't play off-side.

Sucker punched!!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Despair comes knocking
But what does he want?
Is he here to stay?
Or just here to taunt?

ONeill

Arsenal 80% possession. Bolton corner. Goal.

Ha!

Hoof Hearted

Very emotional for the goalscorer. That was his father's picture he had on his T shirt, ex Liverpool player Avi cohen, who was killed earlier this year
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 24, 2011, 05:52:50 PM
Very emotional for the goalscorer. That was his father's picture he had on his T shirt, ex Liverpool player Avi cohen, who was killed earlier this year

And was promptly booked. Ridiculous.

EagleLord

Ridiculous booking him for that. FIFA or FA or whoever makes these rules need to take a look at themselves. ITs protocal gone mad. Would be interested to see what the actual rule is. It used to be showing the skin, then it was personal messages, the ntaking the shirt off altogether. Where is the line drawn?

Also seen a few weeks ago in an american MLS game, a player scored a pen, celebrated by taking off his shirt and throwing it into the crowd, but he had another shirt on underneath. So he was wearing the 2 identical jerseys the whole game! So whats the rule there?? He showed no skin, no personal message, no advertising, ye know what I mean? He still got booked for it by the way, and as it was his second yellow, he got sent off!

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere