Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Barcelona attempted more shots on their own goal than Arsenal managed themselves (0) in this match.

That's simply a crap stat and I don't care how good Barca are.

2 weeks ago, Arsenal were chasing the quadruple. On Sat night, it might be the wan.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

clarshack

van persie sending off was very harsh but can it really be argued it was a turning point as arsenal barely attacked?

aluminia kept it from being a humiliation -  who would have thought!

ONeill

Barcelona v Arsenal stats: Shots 20-0 Possession 76%-24%.

Minder

If you were to criticise Barcelona it is that they try and walk the ball into the net and were wasteful tonight. It was ridiculous that they were that Bentner chance away from going out.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Wenger swinging digs in the tunnel.

boojangles

For all Barcelonas domination and possession if that long string of misery had taken that chance the Gunners would be in the next round.
My mind boggles what a manager of Wengers quality ever saw in him.
Chamahak would have taken that chance.

Barca really know how to get a referee on their side.

tyroneman

Wenger needs shot of everyone bar Sagna, Wilshire and Nasri. RVP while a great player isn't up to a full season and taking £35mill for Fabregas (who will be a Barca benchwarmer) would be great business.

In fact surely questions must be asked about Wenger. Is he really taking Arsenal any
Closer to the CL?

Milltown Row2

Well my 10/1 shot came up.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Why was Wenger wearing a sleeping bag?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

RVP - "In my opinion the ref killed the game. The sending off had a big influence. It was a total joke. How can I hear the whistle?"

Not, Robin, no shots on goal.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on March 08, 2011, 09:50:20 PM
Barcelona v Arsenal stats: Shots 20-0 Possession 76%-24%.
Embarassing. Time to put Wenger out to grass.

ONeill

What Keown said is important. Arsenal don't believe they're better than Barca. Utd, even if they're more limited than Arsenal, would have that belief. Wilshere again was the only player who thought he could compete.

boojangles

Quote from: ONeill on March 08, 2011, 10:01:07 PM
What Keown said is important. Arsenal don't believe they're better than Barca. Utd, even if they're more limited than Arsenal, would have that belief. Wilshere again was the only player who thought he could compete.

While I agree about Arsenals lack of belief I don't think for one minute that Man United could take that Barca team. Thats a better team than the team that destroyed Man U in the CL Final.

ONeill

Some crap being tweeted about Arsenal being done over by the ref.

Here's a startling fact - Arsenal are the only side to create ZERO shots on goal in this year's CL. That includes Rangers and all the other shite teams.

Puckoon

Quote from: tyroneman on March 08, 2011, 09:56:34 PM
Wenger needs shot of everyone bar Sagna, Wilshire and Nasri. RVP while a great player isn't up to a full season and taking £35mill for Fabregas (who will be a Barca benchwarmer) would be great business.

In fact surely questions must be asked about Wenger. Is he really taking Arsenal any
Closer to the CL?

Nonsense. This isn't all doom and gloom. How good a season are Arsenal having? Who wouldn't swap with them in the PL at this moment - even though they are out of the CL?

This team WILL deliver - my only concern is Wenger keeping the squad together long enough, and all happy long enough for it to happen. Clinical strikers and some steel in the defence. Best midfield in the PL, maybe even the second best in Europe.