Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: ross4life on March 02, 2011, 07:43:10 PM
Wenger makes 10 changes, fair to say not many of tonight's team will play in the next round.

None if we're beat
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

3-0 at HT. Fairly straight forward although with Arsenal you never know...

3 good goals and good to see the 2 strikers getting amongst them.

Did you see the cut of Almunia coming out for that ball near the end? Feck me.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerry

need to get a few more goals to get the confidence back for sunderland and barca
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

Bender hattrick. Surely he's up there with Messi and Puskas now.

new devil

In his own head he was a long time ago  :D

hassletravel

Massive game for us today, win and it'll put a lot of pressure on utd, come on arsenal
why travel direct

ONeill

11 matches left. Win them all and the job's a good'un.

Sunderland will be fired up for this. They've lost their last four but Bruce has been getting wired into them all week.

ONeill

Minder

Sign me up for the rest of the season lads.

Nasri proclaims Arsenal as title favourites

www.times.co.uk

Samir Nasri laid out the weight of evidence to conclude that Arsenal were title favourites, but if only things were that predictable for them this season.
It might not have been the boldest of the midfield player's statements, which included that Barcelona, their Champions League opponents, are weaker than last season, but it will be guaranteed to provoke a strong response from Old Trafford.
Arsenal would move to one point of Manchester United with victory against Sunderland today. With 11 matches left, Arsenal's hardest tests are a trip to Tottenham Hotspur and hosting Liverpool and United. "Yes we have a better chance [than United] and I am convinced of our quality," Nasri said. "We have the best schedule. Man United are very strong at the back but have defenders out and Liverpool hate each them. It is time for us to win not just this year but in the future as well. In France we say: 'Now or never' meaning it is our best chance."
Nasri believes that United are short of special players and Chelsea are fallible. "Man United were untouchable Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlo Tevez two years ago," Nasri said. "They scored and made the difference with smaller teams. United have been unconvincing away this season. Chelsea just fell down after eight games. We can feel the Premier League."
Arsenal, who lost 1-0 at Old Trafford in December, can strike a psychological blow when they return in the FA Cup quarter final a week today. "They didn't play in the normal way in the league game, they were scared and had three defensive midfielders," he said. "They know that we can beat them. We can."
Arsenal's record has been questionable against smaller sides this season and Arsene Wenger, the manager, left it 24 hours before he addressed the players after losing to Birmingham City in Sunday's Carling Cup final. "It was a massive blow as sometimes when you didn't win a trophy you become scared of winning," Nasri said, speaking at the launch of the adidas Champions League ball. "Winning a trophy would bring more confidence and convinces you that you can fight with every team and that is what you need. We are aware that we cannot [slip up]. We have guts to show our answers in the other competitions. It would be a huge blow not to win one."
They include the Champions League. Arsenal hold a 2-1 advantage entering Tuesday's round of 16 second leg away to Barcelona, where they lost 4-1 in the quarter final, second leg, last season. "Last year their first touch was a nightmare," he said. "For the first time in my life I was frustrated. We didn't touch the ball. It was like playing 16 against 11. Maybe we were scared. They are not as strong this year. This time we had nothing to lose. We won and are convinced we can beat them. They have to attack and will leave plenty of space for the counter attack."

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

I think you missed out out on the main part of that article Minder "I can almost 'feel' Arsenal's hands on Premier League trophy"

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

0-0 at HT.

Sunderland playing as I thought - a team determined to end their losing run at all costs. They're biting into tackles (legally) and working their arses off for that 0-0.

Arsenal disjointed with only Nasri showing.

Gaffer

Quote from: ONeill on March 05, 2011, 03:51:59 PM
0-0 at HT.

Sunderland playing as I thought - a team determined to end their losing run at all costs. They're biting into tackles (legally) and working their arses off for that 0-0.

Arsenal disjointed with only Nasri showing.

Making chances though. I'm confident of victory at this stage
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ross4life

0-0 in the next game & the gooners here will be in dream land.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

Unlucky with 2 wrong officials' decisions but couldn't fault effort second half. Very close on so many occasions.

Still, a point closer. Fairly confident of catching and overtaking Utd.

orangeman

1 point is better than nothing.

Better than losing, like United did the other night -  Ferguson would have been delighted with a point the other night against Chelsea in the end.

Wenger wasn't a happy boy walking down that tunnel.