Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

He he. There's always 1 or 2 or maybe 3.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

Big Sam on twitter tonight  :D

Wonder if Theo Walcott and Jack Wilshere use the same spirit level to cut their hair.

Imagine a Rory Delap in this team. What takes this Xavi fella 14 passes to achieve, Rory does with one throw.

Pep Guardiola is wearing the fcuk out of that jumper. Simply gorgeous

What a battle awaits us tonight. There'll be style, skill & panache galore as two greats go head to head. Yep, the wife is giving me a ride.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

nrico2006

Quote from: ONeill on February 16, 2011, 11:50:57 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 16, 2011, 11:21:45 PM
In seven matches, Lionel Messi is yet to score a single goal in England & 120 passes Xavi made, 69 more passes than any Arsenal player (Fabregas, 51) on the pitch tonight.

Gilberto used to have those figures too. He passed backwards as well.

Wenger fairly taught Mourinho and Fergie how to beat Barca the right way tonight.

Both Mourinho and Fergie beat Barcelona properly - by winning the tie.  Lets see if Wenger can achieve this in a couple of weeks, I somehow don't think it will happen.  Two good goals from Arsenal but Arsenals defence is still to easily cut open, if it wasn't for a dodgy linesmans call Arsenal would be travelling with 2 away goals against them. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Declan

Great game and fair play to Arsenal for having the ability to take advantage of Barca's second half slump. Gooners opened well but then Barca took complete control and really should have been a couple up. On another night Kuschelny would have got red and a peno given and Song was a lucky boy considering he was on a yellow. Sets it up nicely for the second leg.
Wilsher will be some player as I thought he was outstanding last night against the best in the business.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 17, 2011, 08:53:28 AM
Quote from: ONeill on February 16, 2011, 11:50:57 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 16, 2011, 11:21:45 PM
In seven matches, Lionel Messi is yet to score a single goal in England & 120 passes Xavi made, 69 more passes than any Arsenal player (Fabregas, 51) on the pitch tonight.

Gilberto used to have those figures too. He passed backwards as well.

Wenger fairly taught Mourinho and Fergie how to beat Barca the right way tonight.

Both Mourinho and Fergie beat Barcelona properly - by winning the tie.  Lets see if Wenger can achieve this in a couple of weeks, I somehow don't think it will happen.  Two good goals from Arsenal but Arsenals defence is still to easily cut open, if it wasn't for a dodgy linesmans call Arsenal would be travelling with 2 away goals against them.

They fairly missed Overbo last night.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

the Deel Rover

couldn't watch the match last night but was listening to the boys on Newstalk discussing the 1st half while driving all they were going on about was how good Barcelona were, the gulf in class, men v's boys ect ect ect so i thought happy days the gunners are getting an afull hammering toninght  ;) couldn't believe my eyes when i got home to see that they has won 2-1  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ONeill

EagleLord

Seen that myself Oneill! I imagined something else though! :D
Heard the commentator last night say after they took the lead, 'Arsenal score a goal, the Barcelona way' it was either that or 'a Barcelona goal'..I dont remember! The point is the same though! Thats abit stupid calling it a Barcelona goal. Arsenal have played that kind of football for years. Barcelona arent f**king gods, every chance he got he was arse kissing.

EC Unique

Not hard to work out the defensive game plan last night :D

BBC sports reporter on bbc news this morning ''Arsenal passed Barca off the pitch'' :D

I still expect Barca will go through. 3-1 in return fixture but I really hope I am wrong.

ONeill

In all honesty I expect Barca to beat them well in Spain. But it was a good night nonetheless and perhaps the highlight of the season. Orient will beat them on Sunday, lose on penalties in the Carling Cup final and finish below Spurs.

omagh_gael

Good man O'Neill. A pessimist never gets let down.

muppet

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 17, 2011, 01:16:04 PM

I'd say that was a response to appease the schoolyard warriors above who support other clubs. It worked too.
MWWSI 2017

Dinny Breen

Quote from: muppet on February 17, 2011, 01:18:31 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on February 17, 2011, 01:16:04 PM

I'd say that was a response to appease the schoolyard warriors above who support other clubs. It worked too.

Amazing how after all these years people still don't get this thread  :o
#newbridgeornowhere

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: EC Unique on February 17, 2011, 11:56:32 AM

Not hard to work out the defensive game plan last night :D

They could almost be mistaken for Tyrone footballers in that picture..apart from the black fellas of course

You'll Never Walk Alone.